Laughing City
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

....or something like it. After this tour, of course. Wink

All they need is a time one evening to get together and a webcam; they can put on an acoustic show and earn some money while reaching fans that may not get a chance to see them live!

They were offering something like that through kickstarter anyway, plus they did a web chat thing a few years ago that worked out okay.

I did three of those with two different artists and it was very neat! The one was a solo acoustic and the artist just played pretty much a concert/set and took time between a song or two to answer questions that fans posted in the chat or take requests (but mostly it was playing songs!).

The other was a group, and it was more "behind the scenes" of making the new record, so it was less organized, but still cool.

Eisley could do a 30 minute acoustic set...plus there's a 15 minute encore. Explain what some of the songs mean, do requests, not worry about catering to any crowd since the people viewing will be fans. Plus each show was "pay as you want." Most people probably pay about 5 dollars, but you can tip more.

I think that would be a great idea if they were able to do it. Great for fans and cheap/easy for them. I loved the videos from the acoustic tour they did a while back. Hearing that in "real time" and having a fan show would be awesome.

What do you think?
tungsten
Sea Post King

I would love that!!!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

A bunch of bands/ artists I follow have done those, and Eisley livestreamed one of their shows during The Valley time period, and a bunch of us chatted with Boyd. That was fun.

I think they should wholeheartedly go forward with it. Also, they have a venue as it is, in Brewtones, and they wouldn't have to limit themselves to an acoustic show at all. They can just run the board into a macbook along with whatever video device they want to use. I'm pretty sure that's how they might have done the Kickstarter rewards to begin with, but this is a way to monetize those specific rewards without all the pledging shenanigans.

I really hope they approach all the rewards that way and just get what they can from the them outright.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
wednesdayafternoon
Sea Post King

Agree this would be great.

I'm also really enjoying the acoustic version of Save My Soul
MacRVA
Sea Post King

Yes plz!
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Yay, let's start a campaign!! Wink

Ha, though....I just realized I made this suggestion in another thread as well. Sorry to be a broken record!

Whatever, maybe if we suggest it enough, it will happen! Laughing