Laughing City
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

eisley fam venturing off into different project reminds me a bit of when the jacksons all branched off to do their own things.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
I got my Rising Fawn CD one week later. Ordered the Fortunes CD the same night and still haven't gotten it - 3 weeks tomorrow/Sunday. Sent an e-mail earlier this week and have had no response.

I am really enjoying the Rising Fawn album. The musicianship is great throughout. Eisley's sound guy, Mark, is credited on most tracks as playing keys. I had no idea he was a musician. I guess most sound people are, I just don't remember it mentioned at all.

The last song has a repeating refrain and Christie and Sherri are on it. I'm wondering if they originally intended Stacy for the end, so it had all 4 sisters, but she was unable or unwillingly to do it? Instead Max sings at the end of the entire album. It is kinda odd, because the prior 30 some odd minutes of the album had a particular feel and type of singing. I would be interested in hearing the backstory of this particular song and the album in general.

Unfortunately, like with Sucre and Merriment, they are getting little to no press, so there will likely be no interviews to find out more about these great projects.

I really don't understand why the Absolute Punk people aren't reviewing these releases. It doesn't have to do with it not being in their usual genre coverage, they cover everything Eisley and Max related. The last time I went there they had news items about rappers and Ryan Adams, so I don't understand why they wouldn't review these.

There is a interview with Chauntelle out there if I remember correctly. Not with a major publication, but I remember it being nice. We'll have to see how the dust settles once everyone has gotten established in Nashville. Until then I consider this a "soft release" akin to other slow rising albums.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area