Laughing City
Shadow Mouse
Sea Post King

Hello all,

I was never a big poster here and I'm not sure if anyone remembers me, but I recently listened to Room Noises and remembered how much I love that album and a lot of high school memories came flooding back as I reminisced how much Eisley, and that album in particular meant to me back then.

I realized I hadn't thought much about Eisley in recent days and, of course, the reason is that they've been pretty quiet. When Stacy, Chauntelle, and Weston left the band, I figured that was the end and I was heartbroken. Then I'm Only Dreaming came out in 2017 (four years ago already!) and I was pleasantly surprised at just how good that album is.

Anyway, do you guys think we will ever get another album from them or was I'm Only Dreaming their unofficial goodbye?
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

After the pandemic shut down the music business, putting most every professional recording office in full "Studio Only" mode a la the Beatles in their latter years I was inspired to so the uptick in long-distance collaborations and independent spirit amongst artists I was fond of. Others just took to doing their spin on Tiny Desk Concerts. Beyond that a lot were focusing on family.

If the pandemic had hit when the band was still young and all in one household they would have been one of the few bands who could have made a big swing for the fences during lockdown with live stream concerts as ticketed events etc. But now they live apart and have their own households to manage. Sherri is definitively the voice and "captain" of the Eisley ship and she has an Eisley's worth of her own children to look over, with their 5th member due to enter the world next month.

At this point nurturing the growth and well-being of her household/ family is going to pull focus until time and motivation point back to creating in her varying projects, with @Eisley being in her bio on IG to this day.

So long as she wills it to be so, Eisley's aesthetic will be waiting in the wings because through so many talented family members, those songs can be brought to life by any combination of them who are willing to lend their talents to the effort.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Shadow Mouse
Sea Post King

That's a good way of looking at it. It's certainly understandable that family and life stuff needs to take priority. I do like the idea of not officially calling it quits when life gets busy, but leaving the door open for a potential return. A number of bands I liked when I was younger seem to be doing that.

Part of me will always hope that they will all get back together for some more tunes one day. And, heck, even some more Sherri/Garron Eisley would be great. I guess I won't hold my breath though.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

And to close the book on this question with a emphatic "No."

https://www.prekindle.com/event/42974-max-bemis-tyler

After over two decades, Eisley continues, at a pace more suitable for people with family obligations. Very Happy

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Shadow Mouse
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:

After over two decades, Eisley continues, at a pace more suitable for people with family obligations. Very Happy

Oh, cool! I wonder what the line up is going to look like?

I guess I'm going to have to travel to Texas if I ever want to see Eisley!
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

wilsmith wrote:

...and from what my wife tells me, a copious and ever increasing number of family obligations.
superhits
Sea Post King

I don't think so. I think once Sherri's youngest kids are a bit older, I presume she and Garron will resume writing music and eventually touring. I sure do miss the magical days of the early 00s though...
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

I could be wrong, but I don't think Eisley ended up playing. I think the show was delayed due to someone getting Covid and when it was rescheduled Eisley was not listed. I checked some of the family's Instagrams for the first time in a while - Boyd, the once prolific poster, seems to rarely post at all anymore. It looks like Kimbrtones had to have both legs amputated below the knee.

On a positive note - Sherri recently posted a photo of her holding a Room Noises vinyl and wrote this:

sherribemis
Verified
I was reminded by the always kind @fcpadgett3 that Eisley’s album ‘Room Noises’ came out 17 years ago this week in 2005.
SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO!
I was only 17 years old when I wrote most of my songs on this album…So my my mind is blown. I still dearly love this record and what it felt like to write and record it as a teenager. We had the best time and I’m also So thankful for everyone who’s loved it and have followed Eisley’s journey ever since. ♥️
Keep your heart open for more Eisley music to come this year as it’s building up in my own heart and gut.
Now that I’m done creating children I need to pour my creativity back into something I’ve loved my whole life but haven’t had much time for!
😍

Here’s to another 17 years of music.

(Fun facts: A). Still have that little gold couch on the cover
B). My dad woke us up early to take these photos and I was actually asleep in the cover photo.)

=======
I'm not really sure how the Bemis Family Kickstarter played out - did they put all the music out for free that they planned to and fulfill all of the rewards?

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

@maninthemoon shared the bandcamp links in which they released a lot of music Pay What You Want recently:

https://maxbemis.bandcamp.com/music

Congratulations
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
@maninthemoon shared the bandcamp links in which they released a lot of music Pay What You Want recently:

https://maxbemis.bandcamp.com/music

Oh, snap. I'm not sure where to start.
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
Congratulations
Sea Post King

Also, I can't replace my avatar. I keep getting an error saying the URL format is invalid, lol.

https://imgur.com/a/ymEfy04
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Use this one. Needs to be an image file not just a web link.

https://i.imgur.com/7YcMt83.png

Very Happy

And hooray for some forum activity!

Sea Post King

johnip wrote:
Use this one. Needs to be an image file not just a web link.

https://i.imgur.com/7YcMt83.png

Very Happy

And hooray for some forum activity!

Haha, that's right, thanks! So now I can set the new avatar link, but it doesn't display. I tried imgur and imgbox--no dice. So weird.

https://i.imgur.com/n53SSz5.jpeg

https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/d4/dc/EQXLv8Xt_t.jpg
Shadow Mouse
Sea Post King

bigideas wrote:
I could be wrong, but I don't think Eisley ended up playing. I think the show was delayed due to someone getting Covid and when it was rescheduled Eisley was not listed. I checked some of the family's Instagrams for the first time in a while - Boyd, the once prolific poster, seems to rarely post at all anymore. It looks like Kimbrtones had to have both legs amputated below the knee.

On a positive note - Sherri recently posted a photo of her holding a Room Noises vinyl and wrote this:

sherribemis
Verified
I was reminded by the always kind @fcpadgett3 that Eisley’s album ‘Room Noises’ came out 17 years ago this week in 2005.
SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO!
I was only 17 years old when I wrote most of my songs on this album…So my my mind is blown. I still dearly love this record and what it felt like to write and record it as a teenager. We had the best time and I’m also So thankful for everyone who’s loved it and have followed Eisley’s journey ever since. ♥️
Keep your heart open for more Eisley music to come this year as it’s building up in my own heart and gut.
Now that I’m done creating children I need to pour my creativity back into something I’ve loved my whole life but haven’t had much time for!
😍

Here’s to another 17 years of music.

(Fun facts: A). Still have that little gold couch on the cover
B). My dad woke us up early to take these photos and I was actually asleep in the cover photo.)

=======
I'm not really sure how the Bemis Family Kickstarter played out - did they put all the music out for free that they planned to and fulfill all of the rewards?

Thanks for the heads up! I definitely wasn't expecting a comeback this soon. I pulled out my Room Noises vinyl to celebrate. Cool