45%
 45%  [ 17 ]
no
54%
 54%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 37

granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

did you guys see the news about these iraqi prisoners who were forced to do all sorts of crazy things by american soldiers? this is insane! you can't do that in any country, but especially not in Iraq, they have intense feelings about homosexuality, this is just wrong. If you aren't aware of what i'm talking about
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/prison-probe.htm
that's some of the coverage. Errr, i hope rumsfeld gets the axe for letting this transgress

Last edited by granpaturtle on Fri May 07, 2004 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

you gave a link to a different story

i'm going to wait to vote on this one... i don't know enough yet
Vegetable
Vintage Newbie

and... how does a school shooting fit in that?

Visit my Pic Album!
Joined: 17 Jul 2003 | Posts: 3973 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vegetable
Vintage Newbie

I saw it on tv and newspapers
those american soldiers suck big time!
"specially not in Iraq"?? you mean that in other countries that kind of humilliation is more acceptable?? itīs not about how they feel about homosexuality!! itīs about dignity!

Visit my Pic Album!
Joined: 17 Jul 2003 | Posts: 3973 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
iampam
Lost at Forum

I don't think it was Rumsfeld's fault. I believe those rotten American's that did that should be held accountable.
bLackeNedcrowN
Sea Post King

Question, me and my family just discussed this.

Do you think Bush should've apologized for those wrong and disgusting things those American soldiers did?

My answer.. HELLLL NO! Bush didn't do anything. I think those soldiers should be.. well. you know.. they should apologize big time.

potato
Laughing Citizen

or be castrated...but definitely no ones fault but the guards
sadly that's not how everyone sees it Sad

granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

sorry for the bum link, i fixed it now, its been a long day....
gRegor
the gEek

bLackeNedcrowN wrote:
My answer.. HELLLL NO! Bush didn't do anything. I think those soldiers should be.. well. you know.. they should apologize big time.

"Hell No", huh? Wow. And "apologize big time". Nah, why don't we just slap them on the wrist.

Geez, folks. Let me remind everyone of something. Everything that our military does in Iraq reflects on America. EVERYTHING. Even though Bush had nothing to do with this directly, I think it is very appropriate that he apologized on behalf of the country. In fact it would have been quite callous and arrogant of him if he had not apologized. If only Saddam has "apologized big time" maybe this all could have been avoided.

As for Rumsfeld, I'm still not sure. Supposedly it was something that's been "known" about (at the Pentagon) since about February. Critics are claiming that nothing was done, however I've heard that investigations and all that were started - so it wasn't like they sat on their hands about it. I'm still skeptical, though. Today before Congress Rumsfeld did apologize and said that basically he didn't realize it rose to the level of needing to inform Congress and President Bush about it. That seems pretty stupid and rather negligent, honestly.

Anyway, I'm sure he won't be fired as Bush has already indicated that he wants him to stay in his cabinet.

I support our troops - BRING THEM HOME.

iampam
Lost at Forum

gRegor wrote:
bLackeNedcrowN wrote:

"Hell No", huh? Wow. And "apologize big time". Nah, why don't we just slap them on the wrist.

Geez, folks. Let me remind everyone of something. Everything that our military does in Iraq reflects on America. EVERYTHING. Even though Bush had nothing to do with this directly, I think it is very appropriate that he apologized on behalf of the country. In fact it would have been quite callous and arrogant of him if he had not apologized. If only Saddam has "apologized big time" maybe this all could have been avoided.

Good point.

gRegor
the gEek

potato wrote:
or be castrated...but definitely no ones fault but the guards
sadly that's not how everyone sees it Sad

Actually it's not yet known to what level the misconduct really reached (within the ranks). I'm not suggesting anything by saying that, I'm just saying we don't know if it was just the guards acting alone or whether any superiors approved of it, etc.

And as mentioned, the main reason people are focusing on Rumsfeld is that this is not "news" to the Pentagon, and supposedly not much of anything has been done about it. If that's the case, then he certainly does bear some responsibility.

Paranoid Android v2.0
Vintage Newbie

Quote:
Do you think Bush should've apologized for those wrong and disgusting things those American soldiers did?

As our President, Bush represents America. He should have apologized. Hell, I would even apologize. It's things like this that sometimes make me ashamed of my country.

This is MYSPACE
Gee, Blog
Joined: 29 Oct 2003 | Posts: 4250 | Location: Up here in Connecticut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ambientgecko
Lost at Forum

No one should get fired over a handfull of dumb soldiers making a mistake. I'm glad there were apologies made there should have been, it was a terrible thing to do, but the whole thing is blown way out of proportion. This is one event like this, it was already being taken care of by the military. The only reason it was made public was for political gain, to make the war and Bush look bad. It's a distraction from the fact that the economy is doing the best it has in the last 25 years, more people are employed now than EVER before, more than 3 million more people bought homes recently that couldn't have before, the economy is still on the rise. We built 40 or more schools in Iraq, built huge irragation systems, they have clean fresh water, and local governments, but do you hear about this on the news, NO. I'm not downplaying how bad the soldiers actions were, it was terrible. It wasn't torture though and it's nothing compared to what Saddam did to them. I have mixed feelings about it, but there is definitely more positve than negative in Iraq and the national news doesn't show that, I wonder why, maybe b/c every major network is owned and run by Democrats...coincidence, I think not

"even on the drearest day
a loving hand won't turn away
God's greatest gift to man
how sweet is love"

http://www.myspace.com/ambientgecko

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Joined: 24 Dec 2003 | Posts: 1334 | Location: Fort Worth is my home... I'm at OU now though
Squirly
Vintage Newbie

the soldiers who did it should get fired
and their superior officer. because that craps not right. and when crap like that happens, theyr all held responsible, should be dishonorably discharged , immediatly

Joined: 15 Jan 2004 | Posts: 5464 | Location: Galt, California
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ambientgecko
Lost at Forum

I really do feel bad about what happened to the prisoners and it's said that a few soldiers can make an entire country look bad, but I just really don't think it should be turned into as big a deal as it is. Some of the senators that are so "shocked" by these photos said nothing at all when our own troops were burned, dragged through the streets and hung from a bridge, where was their sympathy then, I just don't think this should be turned into a political argument. Soldiers screwed up, they need to be punished, everyone agrees, Bush couldn't have stopped nor could Rumsfeld. They both apologized, what more can they do.

"even on the drearest day
a loving hand won't turn away
God's greatest gift to man
how sweet is love"

http://www.myspace.com/ambientgecko

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Joined: 24 Dec 2003 | Posts: 1334 | Location: Fort Worth is my home... I'm at OU now though

goto page
 | next >>