Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

Hey everyone....were back. Yikes....that wasn't fun; or funny. I'm still recovering from the trauma and loss we've all experienced. (pretty dramatic, aren't I...) It was like....we were all this cool, quaint coffee shop...enjoying conversations and hanging out, meeting people, etc. and...BOOMB! Smoke, darkness....scurrying, chaos....and finally....silence.... Community Lost.

welp, the smoke is clearing now and our peaceful environment is being rebuilt. Sorry for the long delay. There wasn't anything we could do about it. A friend of a friend was cool enough to allow us to use his server...until, I dunno....something happened and he had to upgrade to a new server and well...one week turned into two, three, four... we had to do something.

While on the dark side of the moon, we moved the site over to the WB server - which is a very good thing, seeing how earlier we were using an imac for a server (for real...dished up on a little Apple. thanks Danny Grizzle forever); much happened....wow, where to start. SXSW was probably the most important gigs to date. Media from all over the world was at their showcase. More details later if anyone is interested.

Anyway, here we are. Everyone should thank "Chelle", a great friend of ours who moved from Tyler to LA who received our recent e-blast, called me and said, "I can have your forum back up in 5 minutes"...(well, almost); she has a healthy server and tons of space. (Ken and Chelle are awesome) Of course, we can thank our own gRegor...administrator/tech guy/friend...for getting us back up and running; he had to restore the data in chunks. (you guys typed in 14 mgs of threads in about 3 months.)

The new "Eisley" identity is just temporary and there might be some quirky things happening with the forum...not sure.

btw. anyone who wants to get any of our newly designed (with Eisley header template) newsletters, you'll have to subscribe on the front page of the site. All our old addresses are scrapped. First official eblast went out last Friday. (sorry for the length....Sherri had much to tell) There are very exciting things happening...in the midst of so much trouble in the world.

I'm working around the clock right now to finish the ep graphics, the ecd interface, a quicktime video for one of the songs on the ep that will be accessible through the site, merch, new identity, and continued web updating. (I have to de-"moss" the whole dang thing and redesign the image page and update everything)

Have to get back to it or they'll kill me. (don't ask who "they" is....I'm talkin' about the MAN!) I'll catch up on the forum and fill you guys in on what the band is actually doing right now. Can't wait to catch up with everyone.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists