Laughing City
sizeablescars
Golly, Poster

I was watching Brand New on IMX and they played Marvelous Things. I found the lyrics to be interesting and had "Eisley" stuck in my mind for a while. Finally I decided to stop being lazy and look them up. And I did..and I'm here..
Valerie
Lost at Forum

I knew that several wonderful folks I know listen to Eisley, so I always intended to check it out... but the silly stores around here never carried them, and the silly computer wouldn't play the songs... But thanks to Mel, I have seen the light.
Joined: 21 Jun 2004 | Posts: 1114 | Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The_Sympt0m
Vintage Newbie

my friend saw them w/ brand new and came back and told me about them. I checked em out and liked em a lot. I later came here, and for some reason logged onto the message boards, which is something i barely ever do... so i guess its by chance that i got here.

-ben

PS Shocked

Vintage Newbie

I saw them with coldplay in Edmonton, however our seats were so bad that we couldn't even see the bands, really. AFter that they kind of slipped from my mind for awhile, then I heard about them touring with Brand New (who just so happen to be my number one favorite) and so I decided to look Eisley up again and I did and now I'm here!

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Derek Version 1
Golly, Poster

Wow... I thought you were gonna go somewhere else with that question.
Anyways the first time I heard of them was during the tour with Brand New, but I didn't get to hear them until I did a search online and found the website, cause that tour didn't come to my state. Basically I was a fan of Brand New and figured if Eisley was opening for them they must be pretty good.

Beat it,
-DV
jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

I heard telescope eyes on the edge. And always thought I wasn't allowed to get their cd, because I can't listen to most bands on there. But i still requested that song a lot. And one day, my friend whos a buzzer gave me a buzz- oven cd that didn't actually have their songs on it, but told about them, and gave a website, so I went their and soon got their laughing city ep, and anxiously awaited the next one

-NIQ

jamiga
Vintage Newbie

Saturday, July 27, 2002: The Elms, Mosseisley, For Eternity

The best concert ever at the Revelation Room!

Gameboybob
Vintage Newbie

it all happened one slighty overcast day in cleveland, ohio. June 10, 2003. me and jeremy went to a Coldplay Concert. the opening acts were some scottish guy, and Eisley. man Eisley kicked ass that night. i wanted to meet them afterwards, but as there was some 2000 odd people behind us, and me and jeremy were next to the stage, it didnt happen. but yeah, that was actually the second time we saw them that day...

the first was on our way out of the rok and roll hall of fame. jeremy, jeremys dad, and myself were driving away from the hall, when we saw a group of people. 3 girls, and 2 guys. jeremy pointed to the tallest one, a "guy" in a suit. "is that a girl?" asked jeremy. turns out, it was Eisley, and the guy jeremy thought was a girl was Weston Dupree.

i love that story...

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=gameboybob

http://www.myspace.com/thegameboy
Joined: 01 Aug 2003 | Posts: 5453 | Location: Nagoya, Japan
MoreOfTheSame
Vintage Newbie

I saw the band on a cover story on the Dallas Observer shortly after Laughing City came out, then heard Telescope Eyes on the radio, then bought the EP.

Flickr
Transvaal IV - Myspace : Virb
Deep Thoughts About Shallow Subjects
Joined: 02 Sep 2003 | Posts: 2455 | Location: Grapevine, TX
ideal
Sea Post King

the way i got into eisley was actually pretty random, and if it had not happened at the moment it happened i would probably not have ever heard of them.

for my spring break this year i decided to visit my friend who goes to nyu. since he was working in a laboratory during the day i would stay home and watch tv. there was this channel called MTVU that i'd never heard of before, and it was playing cooler music than any of the other music channels so i would leave it on while i surfed the net or was just hanging out.

anyways i saw eisley and was captivated off the bat i suppose, since after seeing the video twice in one day and hoping that it would come on again i realised that i needed to walk over to the cd store and pick up something by them. i ended up getting marvy things ep, and the next day finding laughing city ep at another store, and by the end of the week i was here at eisley.org

it's funny how many of you got into eisley thru brand new. i had no clue who brand new even were before i came here. same goes for midlake, ester drang, etc etc... not only is eisley the coolest thing that's happened in my music listening life since KID A came out, but it has also led yo my listening to a number of other cool bands.

RhymeloveandMelody
Lost at Forum

Um well lets see. It was last year, during the holidays when MTV's "You Hear It First" came on. All i heard was (in a John Norris Voice) Eisley, a sibling radiohead obsessed rock band who hails from tyler, texas. I turned around and thought huh i like that girl's hair[/b](Chauntelle's). I went to the [b]website a couple days later and heard the MP3 telescope eyes. Fell in love with it. Went back again and again to hear the song when i noticed FORUM button. Wow there was pics and humorous commentary of the behind the scenes action by a man named Boyd? I didn't even know he was 4/5 of Eisley's father till i floated around the forum putting two and two together. Loved his journal enteries and insight about everything. Then i saw the video MARVELOUS THINGS VIDEO on FUSE, went to Straylight6 heard some more MP3's and bought the cd. Now i'm anticipating the new album and waiting for a chance to see them in concert.

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1152 | Location: San Benito, Texas
BenC
Golly, Poster

I read the recent YM article (don't ask why I a 22 y/o male was reading YM, thats beside the point Razz ) on them and remembered reading about them in AP too, I thought they had to be a weird band to be in both mags cuz That doesn't happen often Wink

got online found a mp3 of they all surrouned me and was hooked, been here ever since
national phenomenon
Golly, Poster

I dowloaded a few songs when I heard they were touring with Brand New.
tApiokA
Lost at Forum

my cousin invited me and took me to a reeeeally small show at the coffee beanbag depot for my fifteenth birthday last year. and that's where i first saw, heard and enjoyed (moss) eisley. so i bought a shirt lol...and lots of glow stick thingees..
Eisleyoid

i'll never forget that afternoon...the infant band was swimming in this little
blow up kiddie pool in our white trash front yard out on highway 69. I was
just finishing spraying them with the waterhose. Sunshine was sparkling
as their little hands pattered the water surface. Golden blonde hair
blinded me...I was caught up in vision...18 wheelers provided the
perfect backdrop to my epiphony:

But suddently, a voice from behind; Kim at the front door. "When are you
gonna wash the car?...". (i probably murmered, "oh, like it's really gonna
do that ugly piece of crap, '77 Ford LTD any good...")

The idea never came back to me again...

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists