Laughing City
pzy
Wookie Luke

haha I was waiting for your response, boyd.

I was an intern for a while at Eisley's label (From august of 2003 to the new year) and my first ever glimpse of Eisley was actually stickers all around the office. I thought, for some reason, that Eisley was perhaps a type of guitar (I think I saw one of the stickers on a guitar or something) and just brushed it off.

Then one morning someone in the office yelled that "Eisley's on MTV!" so we all went to the TV and saw their "You Heard It First" or whatever MTV thing. I was incredibly impressed with the fact they referenced Radiohead so much (and even showed the OK Computer art on the screen) so I decided to check 'em out. This was right after Marvelous Things was up on iTunes so I bought it and was blown away. I joined the forum but just lurked for a while...

Then my very last day at Warner I was fixing someone's printer (I posted this story a while ago), and my friend Nick yelled for me to get the heck into his area (by the front windows). I thought he was just being whacky so I moseyed on over there, just in time to see the band pile into their van. Oh the heartbreak! This band I had come to admire driving off on my very last day at Warner Bros.

I said to myself, "That's it!". I was excited to learn that a few short weeks after I got back to LA from christmas in Boston, Eisley was gonna start recording in LA. So I started posting on the forum, and baited boyd with Radiohead bootlegs. January 29th (the ticket's on the wall) boyd called me and asked if I wanted to go to the Travis show with them all minus the guys who didn't wanna go.

Heck yeah!

So I did. And here I am. And then a few short months later they scampered away to Texas and L.A. has been boring ever since.
Joined: 29 Nov 2003 | Posts: 1088 | Location: Somerville, MA
Last edited by pzy on Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
mandy
Sea Post King

I first heard of eisley in seventeen magazine last june....
well actually I heard OF them a while before and never thought anything of it....I forgot where I heard their name...but I just heard their name and nothing about their music....and so when they turned up in seventeen and I read tolkien, trees, and converse....I had to come to the website...and I fell in love...although it took me so rediculously long to find out about the forums.....
I had no idea about the forums for months....

zoterion
Sea Post King

My friend David was working at the CCCC (local community college) studio a few years ago, and gave my brother and me a cd of a couple rough-mixed songs, I think Telescope Eyes and Over the Mountains (not sure about OTM). He was really excited ... "You have to hear this band! They are so young and good!" And he wanted my brother, who is an aspiring engineer/producer, to try mixing Telescope Eyes - see what he could come up with. We both listened to the cd and sort of looked at eachother and knew this was something great, something that really doesn't come around often. So I found the website, and started looking for any bits of music or information or shows that I could absorb, and the rest was history (and now it is the present and future as well). I'm so glad that I was, by chance, exposed to them early enough to see a huge progression of events up to this point. I have never wanted as much for a band to be successful in their aspirations... and I learn more and more about how genuine and humble and caring they are, which is so encouraging, since that is a nucleus that none of the outside electrons of whatever happens (sorry for dumb metaphor) can touch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hwin
Vintage Newbie

mandy wrote:
I first heard of eisley in seventeen magazine last june....
well actually I heard OF them a while before and never thought anything of it....I forgot where I heard their name...but I just heard their name and nothing about their music....and so when they turned up in seventeen and I read tolkien, trees, and converse....I had to come to the website...and I fell in love...although it took me so rediculously long to find out about the forums.....
I had no idea about the forums for months....

That's mine too. Shocked
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

I'd heard of them from my Mum and ex-roommate for a while, but the first time I saw them was months after I'd heard of them. Sometime in late May. Went with my ex-roommate to their Early Sunday show at Gypsy Tea Room in Dallas. I met Chauntelle after the show..but I first started really liking them when I went to the Fort Worth Buzz-Oven Eisley show June 22, and then I joined the forum the day after I went to their second Buzz-Oven show at Trees in Dallas on June 28th. The End.
WhirlingPeppermint
Golly, Poster

I was at one of my friend's house. And on their wall was this article about a local band {Eisley}. I think it was from the Tyler Morning Telegraph, I asked who they were and she said I would probably like them. And she was right. And so now I listen to them, and really like them. Because they are great. And everyone said "Amen"

--The End--

Shouldnt I start publishing books? Watch out Stephen King...
fredy
Sea Post King

I saw them in Houston with coldplay, but I never got to hear the name of the band. So when I got home I got on the net and went to the coldplay forum and found Eisley's website.
sendoutSOScalls
Laughing Citizen

I first heard of them when i bought tickets to see brand new and they were the opener...i saw them in entertainment weekly too. but i missed the concert (im still upset and i think it was in september...). one day a while later, i was watching this local access show that plays music videos, and the guy was like "oh, im really excited for this band, theyre called eisley and theyre from tyler, texas" and so i watched it and i thought the song and the video were just amazing. and i couldnt get it out of my head, so here i am! thank god for cabel tv! hahahaha
Julie Very Happy
Joined: 13 Jun 2004 | Posts: 1749 | Location: In the courtyard waiting on the breeze to float after me
Mongolian Lake Penguin
Sea Post King

I was on some forum "The early November" I think and they were discussing great vocalists.
The name Eisley made an appearance and I took a look.
I'm still in shock at the marvelousness that is this band.

chubbygumby

i was googleing "mos eisley" for some star wars stuff, but came across eisley's site... clicked it, checked it out, didn't seem interested at the time, so i went back to my search. a couple of days later, i saw them on mtv's you hear it first little thing, which everyone knows by now, you could download that little clip on eisley's website. their music made me stop what i was doing (looking for paper clips/rubber bands) and i wanted to watch it. so obviously i did, and i've been hooked on them ever since. this was about may of last year or so.
Golly, Poster

mine was from a friend of mine in Dallas.
I am in love with this band (now broken up) called Absinthe Blind
www.absintheblind.com

They're a sibling act (three brothers and a token sister) and they're just GORGEOUS.

They recorded their masterpiece (and last album) with some really heavy-hitters, and it was a beautiful recording.

Anyway, a friend of mine recommended that I check out this band Eisley, because the stories are simliar, both bands are devout Christians w/o being preachy...

well, if you read around here, you'll know what happened next....

it was weird, though, because I brought over that record to the cantina to listen to, all of a sudden i didn't hear the similarities...and weston said 'that guy's voice sounds like the guy from tears for fears' (and he was right!)

princessx
Sea Post King

I was listening to the Adventure Club when I first heard (Moss) Eisley. I'm not sure if the song was Over the Mountains, Treetops or Telescope Eyes. So I was in one of my classes in a computer lab at the end of my Sophomore year (I'm about to be a Senior), and I wanted to download some music from local bands. I racked my brain trying to think of some bands I'd heard on the Adventure Club, then I remembered one band that was a reference to Star Wars, I searched for Moss Eisely(but by then they were Eisley), and found some mp3s on their website. A sort time later, I found out the Laughing City EP was in stores, and I bought it the day before my family left for Florida.

...And the rest, they say, is history.

hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

Hmm, I don't know. I think I heard of Eisley on a message board I use regularly. Hahaha... wow... I live on message boards more than I live in my home. :[

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
rocksTONIC52
Sea Post King

saw the marvelous things video and i was mesmerized.

(p.s. im back Cool )

Eis_Fan
Vintage Newbie

Okay, it was about a year ago...it was right after that concert Eisley was in in Houston...the Boiler Room, right? Well, my best friend, Evelyn, had went with her older sister, Cheyenne (she is a boardie here but she doesn't get on here...odd), and Evelyn just came back talking about this band...she said she got to talk with Stacy or somebody (I don't know if it's true though)...and I did not pay attention at all. I just wanted to go outside and see the trees in her backyard (the forest).
Later, about in August, we had to do this project for Choir. You had to say all of this stuff about this band and whatnot....and I knew that Evelyn knew EVERYTHING there was to know about this band named Eisley. So, I ask her to help me out...cause I was going to write all of this essay stuff on Eisley. She told me about the whole Mosseisley thing...and why is wasn't called that anymore...about the band members...just cool stuff...so I wanted to go even more in depth on my research, so I , of course, looked Eisley up on the internet. And I came here...and started listening to the band...and I was like,"WOW! this band really is good. Evelyn wasn't kidding!". and after that...I've been obsessed. I didn't know there was a forum...I just always looked up on what they had to say ...like their bios and the music and merch. So, that's how Eisley began for me. Very Happy