Laughing City
incucoldhouse
Golly, Poster

they're not henna "tattoos"... *sigh*... Rolling Eyes

ba-ba-BAM!
Joined: 16 Jun 2003 | Posts: 615 | Location: arlington, tejas
Hungary4MyGod
Sea Post King

henna is awesome.. but real tats.. umm... the last time i saw a tat of a girl on an old person the girl was old too... i just don't want to be old with nasty lookin tats.. thats all.. cus your skin gets old.. and like droopy... and so do your tats.
Jonathan
Sea Post King

i'm gonna get a tatoo of a candlestick. so as i get old and my skin gets flabby it'll look like the candle is slowly melting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Berman
Sea Post King

i have a tattoo on my right upper arm: its a dharma wheel with a double dorje in the middle

"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna" Layne Staley 1967-2002

come read me stuff, some say it's nice
Joined: 26 Jun 2004 | Posts: 30 | Location: Williamstown, MA or Wisconsin somewhere
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CanadianAlias
Sea Post King

Jonathan wrote:
i'm gonna get a tatoo of a candlestick. so as i get old and my skin gets flabby it'll look like the candle is slowly melting.

A guy at work has a candlestick tattoo... on his right forearm. It's pretty cool... not sure why he got it though.

It's weird. For ages my parents were completely against tattoo's ... yet all of a sudden, they're totally cool with it. Haven't decided what I'd get though. But I do want one. Just for the experience if nothing else.

Lost at Forum

i've used henna before when i stayed with my cousin. it suprisingly stayed on for about two and a half weeks. Shocked
Sea Post King

I have a black pheonix on my left arm... saving money now to work on the rest of the arm... I'm also getting an alpha and omega symbol crossed with each other and a quater of a star on the top, on my left pectoral... On the rest of my left arm No Knife's "Schematic for Sorrow" symbol, the Anne Summers name, the Weezer "=w=", the Eisley "E" , the Marvel comics "M", the Autobot and Decepticon symbols and a few others down to my left wrist... Ispirations. You know what I mean?

Keep on rockin'.

"To cheating, stealing, fighting and drinking... When you cheat, may you cheat death. When you steal, may you steal a woman's heart. When you fight, may you fight for a brother and when you drink, may you drink with me!"

http://img61.photobucket.com/albums/v185/TiMisveryclassy/
boone
Vintage Newbie

BenC wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
No band tats

stacy should get one, yeah a giant flaming eagle on her back, I could see that Twisted Evil

No you couldn't.

Near Harad
Sea Post King

well said boone
boone
Vintage Newbie

It had to be said.
mere::surmise
Sea Post King

Quote:
Jesus forbids tats

do you really believe that? i think that's really only for the big time orthodox jew's who don't live by anything but Leviticus. not that there's anything wrong with that. i think a tattoo is a great way to forever express something you believe in. it's kinda like tying a knot on your finger to remember something except with a tattoo you don't cut off circulation.

{visuals}
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

I'm gonna get a HUGE tattoo of Weston that will cover ALL of my back. He will be wearing his headband and giving a goofy grin along with a double thumbs up.
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

i did henna in high school every now and then. one of my friends was really into it so she would give me one every now and then. it was kinda neat.

i draw on my hands and arms pretty frequently its good stress relief and a way to occupy my hands during lectures that don't require me to take notes.

one day i might get a tattoo... but i'm not sure.
boone
Vintage Newbie

mere::surmise wrote:
Quote:
Jesus forbids tats

do you really believe that? i think that's really only for the big time orthodox jew's who don't live by anything but Leviticus. not that there's anything wrong with that. i think a tattoo is a great way to forever express something you believe in. it's kinda like tying a knot on your finger to remember something except with a tattoo you don't cut off circulation.

If you have a tatoo, you can still get a proper burial. Very Happy

But tattoos in the time of the Bible being written, as they still are today in certain cultures, were signs of pagan worship. Same with piercing. The New Testament is big on getting rid of old tradition. It also mentions a few times that your body is a temple of the Lord, and you're not to be tearing it up. Which is were people get ideas not to smoke, because it'd be an equivalent of setting a church on fire.

I don't really think tattoos make people that unique. A lot of people today are saying that you're making a bigger individual statement by not getting a tattoo, or body piercing, because they're so prevalent. Personally, I was born an individual. I don't need to "customize" myself like a car to be different than everybody else.

BenC
Golly, Poster

boone wrote:

It also mentions a few times that your body is a temple of the Lord, and you're not to be tearing it up.

Well you can think of tattoes as adding stainglass windows or murials to you're temple Razz

I know what you'r saying about being an individual and not getting tats or peircings, they're over done

I regret getting the tat and don't plan on getting any peircings

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>