Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

I could easily keep you forum friends from this kind of stuff... it's not an announcement or some promotional thing; I'm just wigged out and need to talk. Like, I'm not bothered or worried...I'm just weirded out, that's all. Remember...I already told you: "This....is my Xanga". I say what I feel.

As I type, a Warner Bros. publicist is on his way to our house....he flew from LA, DFW...driving to Tyler...staying with us tonight; in the morning a New York photographer who's been here all day scouting locations is arriving also...along with a "groomer" and 2 stylists...who will shoot a full page color image to accommodate the feature write up on "bands to watch"(after theyinterview Sherri on the phone) that will be printed and circulated (1.3 million, I think he said) in every grocery store, magazine rack, Barnes and Nobel, drug store..etc. in the country. The NY photographer - with a portfolio full of Dustin Hoffman, Snoop Dog, Shak and more...said, dude.. this is a big deal; they called me..."

The girls are like..."dad..what's a groomer?"- which sounds like someone who fixes up a poodle. "I don't like it..." (stacy) I tried to tell them they won't mess with them...but, honestly; I don't know....("dah-ling....I'm seeing bouffant here....I'm seeing BIG hair...yes...and...oh...LOTs more make up honey...hide those teen blemishes....yes....dab, dab..gob, gob) whatever....no way.

So, we had to clean the house all up like we're all domesticated and proper...and, I don't know. What happened to: they throw on T-shirts and jeans and click-click - and I toss it on the web.

WELL YOU CAN GOLLY DARN BE SURE WE'RE GOING TO DO JUST THAT!! (talked about it today, in fact)

While we were having coffee this morning with the photographer, management called and said, "you'll have to stay an xtra day in LA....Seventeen is doing a huge write up on 4 bands that feature women....Evanescence, Eisley, the Yeah Yeah yeah's and"...someone else, can't remember. huh....? whuh....?

I guess it's all just new...so it seems weird. Nettwerk said the article would NOT cheezy...or they wouldn't allow it....it's more about new bands...indi-ish....rock....not cheezy teen stuff. I guess this is the road we're going down. publicity? press... Who'd have thought it?

I'm not worried about the band...and nobody should worry that they're going to sell out. You should hear them. no worry. It's just....all bizarre. it's not really happening. But, maybe it is....crazy times.

ya'll are my friends, so...I can say whatever I want...and besides, I can delete your posts if you mock me. (no smile for you)

gotta go...make the bed...he's nigh...he cometh...will keep you posted.

boyd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Last edited by boyd on Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total
abductee
Laughing Citizen

man, that sounds pretty awesome.. you'll have to let us know which issue that Eisley is on, then i could take a little trip to barns and noble to get it.. and my sister has a subscription to seventeen, so i can just steal that from her hehe.. (you know, the only time I thumbed through that magazine I saw a little thing about Thom Yorke, pretty cool huh?) I mean, any magazine that has Thom Yorke in it can't be that bad right? hehe..

hmm man it looks like things are gonna get dream-like (sortta) for you guys really soon.. the hardest part will probably be to keep it from turning nightmareish.. however, what do I know? only what i've seen on vh1, behind the music i'm afraid hehe.. anyway hmm this is exciting, because the more people like you, the more chances there are that you'll be playing in california and stuff, which is good for me hehe Very Happy

anyway damn i need sleep as well, and i've got a spanish test tomorrow to study for (big one) oh well, i'll study tomorrow, that's what lunch is for right? if i can pull off a c on this test i'll be pretty alright.. hmm anyway, blah blah blah balh..

how exciting, i hope you guys have a fun ride Smile

Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1640 | Location: California....
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

Sounds fascinating. I mean... it's simply beyond my realm of comprehension that a job or career (or heck, even a hobby) could ever involve such things.

Makes a lot of things come to mind... but I've got to get to sleep. Don't like to stay up much later than 2 a.m.

Good luck with it all.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nocturnal Dave....
Sea Post King

Well here i am, i'm not supposed to be on here, i should be working on the s7 flyers for this month,
i have to get them done by tomorrow.. holy geez i'm screwed, i don't work very fast late at night, but it always works out that it's the only time i get on here,
oh well.... so whats next boyd The David Letterman show?? that would so rock, or as you would put it "thats just sick! it's insain!!!" ok so i mocked you a little, haha it's not me it's the sleep depravation, did i spell that right ? who cares....good night boyd i hope your sleeping.

.noc dave. Shocked

fredjones
Sea Post King

sounds great (aside from the whole groomer thing...seems to go against everything the band's about). one question...what happens to the photos. i know they'll be e.w.'s property, but do you guys get to use some. i suppose what i'm getting at is this: will you be able to post them so that we can download them and use them for desktop art & such? you may not know that answer right now...i was just curious. i'm a photography major, so that sorta thing catches my attention.
kris
Ubernerd Moderator

AHHH!!!! freaky.
Bartman
Golly, Poster

Wow, all this stuff happening so fast! And yeah, be sure to tell us which issue the article is in.
Andrew
Lost at Forum

A groomer gross ok yo. I belive that seventeen found the one way I would actually think about buying their magazine.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Sounds like the gears are shifting fast for you guys! I'm glad the "industry" types are doing their job and getting promotion for you. Let them handle all that stuff, and y'all stay focused on the art! (of course, always sleep with one eye open and never let the label guy out of your sight, and all that paranoid down-with-marketing lingo...)

-Sean
 |  | 
sc0tt
Golly, Poster

17 eh? thats actually kind of funny. Its not like getting your picture taken is going to turn you into eisley spears... or the backyard grrls, or even in the eisley 5... oh.. wait, the jackson 5 was actually good. cool. It just seems so wild to me to be able to walk down to the magazine rack and see yous guys in rolling stone... and now in 17 and Entrtnmnt wkkly. bizzwazzzahhherrrr ...uh. cool. Maybe I'll make an apperance at the muzzak awardos nect thursday. I'll ask off... anyways. actually. what time do you think yall will be going on?
gRegor
the gEek

I'm sorry to say this will be just like other tales we've seen before.

When Eisley puts out their first full-length on WB, their song "Eis(ley), Eis(ley), Baby" will be a number one hit and make them millions of dollars. Then it will fade in popularity, they'll disband for like 10 years, then come back as an angst-ridden hardcore band and do an even worse version of that same one-hit wonder.

* This post has been closed-captioned for the sarcasm-impaired.
(I really just wanted to see if boyd would delete this. heh heh)

spheric1
Sea Post King

The most exciting think that's happening right now for me is that I'm leaving in a minute to go judge a battle of the bands (and do sound for it too of course). I think Sam Barnhart is supposed to be a judge too if he can make it.

It's funny, when I was checking out the MossE website before Cornerstone last year, and saw you where doing a show with Bleah, I almost wrote to have you tell them I said hey. That would have been fun, but I'm like these people have no idea who I am and all... Oh well.

"Whoso knoweth himself well, is lowly in his own sight and
delighteth not in the praises of men." Thomas A' Kempis
Sea Post King

Hey Boyd,

we appreciate you sharing with us all these things we normally wouldn't know about! thanks!
i think it is really exciting that so much attention is being placed upon Eisley. i hope you all have fun with "groomers" and "stylists" and all the others....enjoy it for what it is, a strange circus of people, hopefully all working toward one goal, that is, to spread Eisley's music to the world.
this is a very groovy thing that's happening!
let us know how it all turns out!

Kyle
BK
Laughing Citizen

"groomers"

*falls over laughing*

I try to get one of those for myself, but then I wouldn't be me anymore. Cool

Eisleyoid

hey.well....it wasn't like we thought. As it turns out, the "groomer" was Steve from OH NO's wife Lauren; she works for that fancy shwancy girlie model outfit in Dallas. Can't remember the name...something Dalton or whatever. But she was cool...and didn't mess with Eisley unless they needed it. The photographer was cool...a New York guy...he totally fell in love with their weird, colorful, room so one of the sessions was shot there. We ate lunch on their dime and went to the park where I really think he captured the band's persona...just hanging around...playing, etc. Nobody made them do anything weird. In fact, most of the ideas came from the band. so...here's a few shots I snapped to document the day:

See...it wasn't so bad. boydout

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Last edited by boyd on Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total