Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

Our tiny envoy - a mesh of gear and people and transport units are leaving in the early wee. We're all pretty stoked over the new 15 passenger, extended GMC van with the retro-carbo-rocket boosters and turbo 640 global crank modifier...not to mention the Zirconium Super-elongated 6X 12', dual axle, 12 trailer with brakes, tongue, 2 doors (one trapdoor-fold down on the back for our new anvil cases adorned with drab green panels and golden "E" screened logo), nice orange lights round about that make the rig look like a beautiful Christmas whale whisking down the highway at mock speed...at night. (ok, it's not a tour bus...but it's a better set up than we had)

And, I hope you guys know, I'm not wanting to sound like a bloatacious gloat - this information is disseminated because, most of you are acquaintances and friends. We have'nt been doing shows in deep Ellum so, we're not getting to talk. This is the stuff you guys always ask about so....I'm just downloading. Hope that's cool. If not...STOP READING NOW!! I FORBID IT!!

Anyway, don't want to get the cat before the bag, but I might have mentioned the band is getting some neato endorsements...won't say yet, but...one of them is a big guitar/amp company...others are for picks, guitar strings and one really cool one for recording mics, condenser mics, pre's, and cool stuff like that (for the manly gear heads). All this does is allow the band to record their ideas at the home base which will result in music for you guys..(and for me). Also, there's a thread somewhere on the forum about new gear like guitars and amps...that's all fun stuff.

The goal is to sound better. New production crew: Matt Bishop and Chris Carr are gifts from heaven. They are so amazing....no, you don't know how miraculous these guys are. You'll meet them at shows, I'm sure. They're humble and loveable...and they mix, tour manage, guitar tech like true artists. They are a huge asset to the band and will make them sound better than ever. An elaborate in-ear monitor system will be fully in place before the Coldplay tour which will help the girls to nail their pitches in live shows.

And...blah, blah, blah...only the diehards are reading this... go get some coffee....and feel free to do something way more productive. But...they're getting intense vocal coaching from the famous, "Linda Septien" (Eric Nicholson's aunt) who trained Jessica Simpson and toured as coach for Nsync and many others. DON'T WORRY. Her job is just to help them learn to breath, exercise, understand the dynamics of being a vocalist...the anatomy...the precautions....learning to warm up properly...learning how not to damage your voice...learning how to make it through long tours without vocal fatigue....learning how to articulate...arpeshiate (no clue on spelling), etc. So. That's a good thing. This was Dave Holmes suggestion.

Let's see...what else can I blather about to our intimates...got email last night from the guy who produces "Muse" and....has done stuff with the Rolling Stones and other bands all excited about their music; he's recording Muse in LA right now and will be coming to hear them live. (said he'd try to drag the Muse guys out also if possible)

OH, the giveaway CD (babypac - 2 songs: Telescope Eyes - new version and I Wasn't Prepared" has a release date of May 13th. I don't know what that means...only that I have to have the QT movie finished by may 5th (gulp) because the expanded CD interface will access this media on line. The Laughing City ep is locked in for a US release of May 20. (sorry, not sure about Canada yet...checking into it)

Tour poster almost finished...have to upload final mech's today; I begin T shirt design soon....will have at least 2 new designs ready for Coldplay tour along with new sticker design...(free I think)

I told you bout the Walrus and me man....(no. sorry) Told you about another Rolling Stone article coming up and the photo we took here at the house that got submitted which....they LOVED. (very indie...shows the dorkier, normal side of the band in their room - instead of the more bogus glam stuff (albiet beautiful) that's out there.

Told you about the Blender Magazine story coming up....and the Seventeen magazine photoshoot/interview to take place in La early week. ok. Well, for their interest/hobby.....(they had to pick something and the Evanescence girl had already "taken" drawing/art...grrrrrr....) so they chose decorating "Converse" tennishoes. (is this not cool?) They'll get a butt-load of styles and flavors i suppose and will decorate them with pens and markers like they always do...cool. they'll get to do their weird art after-all. This is especially appealing to Stacy who requested pink ones.

ENOUGH!! (no more news for'd dYOU!)

I've got to pack and panic.

Always remember:"this......(!!)....is my Xanga". I have no other diary/journal. This documents the anuls, the life and times, the goings on of this band and this adventure in time and space. If it ends tomorrow....so will this journal. And if it does, you can find me under a bridge; digging with a plastic spoon in the dirt...looking for a can of Sterno to warm up my can of Vienna sausage that I'll find under the underpass just over there to my left....leftovers from the other migrants in their solemn procession - sojourning to their hopeless horizon of happiness - just beyond their reach.

In the meantime, this is all very fun. Nobody is putting their trust or banking on the outcome. Bands come and go....the music industry is volitile....we were all happy before any of this happend...nothing has changed, so whatever happens, happens. It's the journey, not the destination.

Boyd - out for a while. We'll try to check in if we can find connection while on the road.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists