Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

Hey everyone. Amazingly, we found a hotel with 2 rooms right down the road from the festival. That's amazing considering all the hotels in neighboring cities are have no rooms - nor do any other hotels in Coachella or Indio. NO VACCANCY!!!

So...anyway, (backing up) we drove and drove and drove. Left Thurs. before noon and made it to El Paso by 3:00am (ok, we had stops...) but Texas is a huge country...you have no idea. Anyway, asleep by 4:00am up by 9:00am - trip to Walmart for food and supplies - back heading West on I-20 before noon. We passed nothing but skulls and cactus and tumbleweeds and scorpians and lizards and rocks and scruffy shrubs and cowboys and Indians...and we even thought about John Wayne when we passed the Rio Grande which was dryer than a dirt road after a summer shower.

There's no coffee between here and Ft. Worth. Once you leave the metroplex, all there are is bones...and skulls and all those other things. If you find coffee, it's like burnt...still on the burner...with powder for creamer. Or there's plenty of that powder-n-water crap they label Gormet Capuccino which is really just coffee flavored Kool-aid; it puts you to sleep and is gross.

Kim drove almost the whole way while I edited video for the expanded cd (ep) and the little darlings slept in the back.....until about 1:00am, of course, when Jon and Weston wake up and enter..."the bizarre zone"; not a dry eye in the van...from laughter. They were doing big hair and rapping some kind of alien dribble; after an hour of variation, Kim nudged me to look back; so...they became these two pillowheads...and Stacy/Christie were punching them in the face full force at their request. This is what the rock and roll lifestyle is all about. Coachella is just something to facilitate all the surrounding fun.

Dave told me there's a buzz already happening about the band for this show and that WB had interview lined up...(press, zenes, etc) I dunno. We'll see.

Tomorrow, we hope to get to hear many cool bands...
It's 3:20 Texas time....only 1:20 Cali. time.

boyd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists