Laughing City
ricky g
Sea Post King

Well, since everyone else is posting their cities, who's going to S.D. show? Last time Eisley was here (at SOMA for the short CA tour) the turn out was very pitiful. I wanna see some San Diego people step up! What now! Shocked
mojo shivers
Golly, Poster

I'll be there. I was trying to get tickets to the Los Angeles show, but honestly I don't care where I see them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ricky g
Sea Post King

ahhh, mojo. nice rk photo. They've been one of my absolute favorites for about the last 4 years
GeekyAllie
Sea Post King

I would go, but I am not 21. Sad But I still may sit on the beach and attempt to hear the music. Luckily I was able to see them at Soma last time they came.
mojo shivers
Golly, Poster

ricky g wrote:
ahhh, mojo. nice rk photo. They've been one of my absolute favorites for about the last 4 years

I've actually been a fan of Miss Lewis since The Wizard.

But I've only been a fan of RK since 2000 when my friend's brother, who was in Ozma, introduced me to them when Rilo Kiley was opening for Ozma out at the Glass House.

It was an actually a RK fan who suggested I give Eisley a try. A decision I shall never regret.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mandocoustic
Sea Post King

GeekyAllie wrote:
I would go, but I am not 21.

Nor I...but I shall try!!!

But of course I'd like to sit around and chat
mojo shivers
Golly, Poster

Does anyone know the policy on recording devices there? I was planning to snap a few pics, which Boyd said should be okay, but I don't know if I could bring a video camera.
GeekyAllie
Sea Post King

Mandoacoustic, I wish you luck!

If anyone wants to try, they are giving away tickets to the concert on one of our local radiostations, 91 X.

ricky g
Sea Post King

mojo shivers wrote:
[/quote]

I've actually been a fan of Miss Lewis since The Wizard.

But I've only been a fan of RK since 2000 when my friend's brother, who was in Ozma, introduced me to them when Rilo Kiley was opening for Ozma out at the Glass House.

It was an actually a RK fan who suggested I give Eisley a try. A decision I shall never regret.[/quote]

That's so funny because I had a crush on Jenny Lewis when that movie came out. I actually own the video. I talked to Jenny at a show a couple of years ago and I didn't put 2 and 2 together till later on. I actually was talking to one of my childhood crushes. I too heard about rilo kiley from ozma cause I used to go to a ton of ozma shows. So sad Sad they broke up. Daniel B. actually introduced me to blake at the knitting factory about 2 and a half years ago. Who was your friend's brother?[/b]

mojo shivers
Golly, Poster

Jose G. I still haven't gotten the lowdown on why they broke up, though. Any news on that front?

It was so funny. Jose was trying to get me to meet Jenny around 1999 when they first started playing shows together but I was too chicken $#@! to meet one of my childhood idols. In fact, I don't know what I'd do if I were to talk to her in person. I was more than a little obsessed with her when I was in high school. LOL

We shall see. People are saying I should try meeting her when RK comes to play L.A. and Pomona on the 30th and 31st.

ricky g
Sea Post King

really no idea why ozma broke up. Probably some "creative differences" or something. I know they were all going to college off and on. Jose was super rad. I never really talked to him, but he was always smiling. Jenny is actually pretty approachable, at least she used to be. I don't know what your chances are of talking much to jenny now. They've gotten pretty big in the last year. It just gets harder as shows get bigger and more new fans swarm the band when they're off stage.
mojo shivers
Golly, Poster

Funniest thing I have memories of is kicking Jose and his brother's asses in SF II back in 92-93 when I was still in high school. Then the next thing I know 6 months later he's picked up a guitar, taught himself how to play by ear, and started a band. By 95 Ozma was formed. I was there when they played their like 4th gig, doing mostly Beatles and Weezer covers.

I got the opportunity to see them in 2002 and the differences were staggering. It was the first time I got to see firsthand how much a band improves from its humble beginnings to when they start touring nationally and internationally.

It's not a big deal meeting Jenny now. But, boy, if I met her back in 1989-91 I would have had a heart attack for sure. LOL

ricky g
Sea Post King

wow, you were in high school in '92-'93! I thought I was old.
mojo shivers
Golly, Poster

Graduated 93. In fact, I'm exactly 90 days older than Miss Lewis (let's see how much of a diehard fan you are, Ricky... lol).
ricky g
Sea Post King

Dang, I graduated in '98. Well, let's see do you remember the show Brooklyn Bridge about the Jewish family in the 40's. Alan was the main character and you know who was his catholic girlfriend, Katy Monahan. Beat that! Troop Beverly Hills too, of course.