Laughing City
mere::surmise
Sea Post King

okay...its only stacy that is under 18, right? what are college plans for the others? they all have extreme talent, it makes that they might study somewhere or something...i dont know, just wondering. i've been thinking about college lately, and my plans, so just looking for ideas/advice/views. thanks!
{visuals}
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

i don't think they plan on going to college. in talking with them they all seemed to just be dead set on music and said they would be in college possibly if they weren't in the band.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I don't think they have any need, or time right now. If there's a time to take on the world and strike out, this is the time to do it anyway.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

college... bah... who needs it? unfortunately i do... Confused oh well...

if i was in eisley's place though i can gaurantee i wouldn't be getting a degree, except for maybe a degree in awesomeness... which i think they already have.
Zombie-Face
Sea Post King

college is pointless.

I long for the old days when you could practice medicine at a barber shop.

I want to drop out and move to a shaolin temple, and learn martial arts.

theufbproject.com
adrio
Sea Post King

My brother always says that too! He wants to move to somewhere in Asia and study under a martial arts master and live with him. Like Ryu & Ken from Street Fighter.
Ecouter
Vintage Newbie

college isn't pointless, losers. Wink
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

If you are super talened (Eisley) you don't need college.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
theenvycorps
Vintage Newbie

The necessity for college depends on the person. I didn't go to college, but in a field like computers you can wiggle your way in if you know your stuff.

I have 2 bosses, both never finished their degrees.
john2
Golly, Poster

theenvycorps wrote:
The necessity for college depends on the person. I didn't go to college, but in a field like computers you can wiggle your way in if you know your stuff.

I have 2 bosses, both never finished their degrees.

same with my tv major. first semester i slept the whole time cuz i pretty much knew everything about video and editing and all the stuff they taught.

but my parents would kill me if i didn't get a dregree in something. so why not something i like to do even though i know it all. muwahahaa. j/k.

-Boogie Nation-
Joined: 17 Jun 2004 | Posts: 598 | Location: long beach, CA
joseph
Lost at Forum

I attend college to learn. I go to college for the experience, and if I happen to pick up a degree on the way, cool.

**the turtle stamp of approval**

www.soulstrum.com
mere::surmise
Sea Post King

thanks guys.

the way i look at it...

college is something that i want to do...sorta. i'm in a band as well, and i want to travel and stuff, but i dont want something like college to interfere with that. i dont want to graduate high school with an established band that's excited about moving away and then go to college and just say 'okay, so we're just gonna play a bunch of local shows for four years'.

on the other hand, i want something to fall back on when i'm not doing the band thing. i'm real interested in producing and the like. maybe live sound, or running a venue, something like that. and those seem like things i should go to school for.

i dont know what the eisley kids are really interested in doing besides music. they can't be a touring, recording, signed band forever. you know what i mean?

{visuals}
Schizorage
Lost at Forum

i want to go to college... my family doesnt want me to. end of story, and i'm not ready to try to declare myself independent and get in... im too scared to get to the fin aid office and have them say no again. i hate money
phoenixdown
Vintage Newbie

ARGH. College. I'm a high school senior right now, and these essays and applications and whatnot are driving me noodley. I'm going to try to get in to Seattle Pacific U to either study music technology (to go into studio production) or graphic design, and I'm not worried about getting accepted, I just hope I'll get enough aid (for we are a poor bunch).