Laughing City
ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

my radio show on wmuc, the campus radio station here at the university of maryland, will make its inaugural broadcast this week. the show is called "post-insomnia" and will happen every thursday morning from 4 to 6 a.m.
if you're in the college park area, you can check it out at 88.1 fm. everywhere else in the known universe can check it out over the intraweb at http://www.wmucradio.com/ just click on "listen online" in the top right corner of the screen.
the format of the show is post-rock, post-punk and indie rock type stuff. also, if for some strange reason you're actually sleeping between 4 and 6 on thursday morning, you can download an mp3 of the show up to six days after its broadcast right here: http://www.wmucradio.com/stream_ripper/index.php?day=Thursday
my dj page (which will have playlists and stuff) is linked in my signature. while i'm on the air, you can request songs or say hi or whatever over instant messenger at the screenname wmucpostinsomnia or call (301) 314-8800.

so, get listenin, kids!
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I will download the archive MP3s every week. You'd better play tons of Eisley, dude.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
giant_
Laughing Citizen

Lightning Bolt!! Can you play "wee ones parade" for me please? Very Happy that would bot hoawt.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

It's amazing how many people don't know about "post-punk".

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

i'll be in the room with you this thursday, trying not to sleep, and making DJing very difficult, oh yes and witty banter.

don't forget guys that you can also check out ryan on the web cam by clicking the link in the same area as listen online that says "web cam" it'll be great, he'll be naked if you ask him too, or chad can request he spin around in his chair Laughing

ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

granpaturtle wrote:
i'll be in the room with you this thursday, trying not to sleep, and making DJing very difficult, oh yes and witty banter.

don't forget guys that you can also check out ryan on the web cam by clicking the link in the same area as listen online that says "web cam" it'll be great, he'll be naked if you ask him too, or chad can request he spin around in his chair Laughing

what he said. except the naked part. well, maybe. you'll have to listen in and find out!
ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

giant_ wrote:
Lightning Bolt!! Can you play "wee ones parade" for me please? Very Happy that would bot hoawt.

i'll see what i can do for a fellow fan of THE BOLT!
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

And dude, spin some Elevator Division if you've got it.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AearTeilu
Sea Post King

that's awesome that your show gets streamed and ripped. I, too, have a show here at a&m, but once it's broadcasted, that's that; one must catch it while they can (which is mondays from noon until 1 on http://kanm.tamu.edu/home.php, if anyone cared to know Very Happy ).

I wonder who else has a radio show? I seem to remember seeing others advertising at various points and times...

unite!

boyd
Eisleyoid

ryan, i think we'll be on the road or whatever... if we were stationary and on line, i'd totally tune you in. you know i would. thanks. good luck with your show. bd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:
ryan, i think we'll be on the road or whatever... if we were stationary and on line, i'd totally tune you in. you know i would. thanks. good luck with your show. bd

thanks boyd!

and everyone else- if boyd wants to listen, you know that means you should too!
ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

well, rock and roll history has been made. the first show is complete. if you want to see what i played, check it out here:
http://www.wmucradio.com/wmuc_final_db/show_dj_playlists.php?id=2477&d j=Ryan%20Fisher&scheduleid=
if you want to download an mp3 of the show (actually 2 files, each is one hour long), you can do that here:
http://www.wmucradio.com/stream_ripper/index.php?day=Thursday

i promise i won't bug you all with any more posts about this (unless something extraordinary will happen like, hmm, i dunno, maybe playing a promo copy of the eisley full-length before it officially comes out)

and sorry giant, i left my lightning bolt lp in my room, so i'll try to get that on next week