Laughing City
sinead
Sea Post King

Crikey,you guys are taking over the world!!
Boyd - you said you didn't know much about these festivals, but i'll tell you!!!!
Scotland - that will be the T in the Park festival, go see: www.tinthepark.com
for the full line up but wow, it's amazing....Coldplay, REM, The Polyphonic Spree, the Datsuns, Ed Harcourt (sherri!!) Idlewild, Supergrass, The White Stripes!! It's a totally cool festival, and Scottish people are lovely but totally bonkers so it'll be a great crowd.

The Festival in Ireland will be The Witness Festival: http://www.witnness.com/lineup.php
again, what a line up!!! pretty much the same at T in the park actually, Coldplay, White Stripes, David Gray, Zwan, Badly Drawn boy. And Dublin is such an amazing city, i'm goin2 university there!!
Congratumalations...hope to see you there!!!
Sinead xxxxxxxx
Joined: 30 Jan 2003 | Posts: 74 | Location: Northamptonshire, UK!!!
juan
Lost at Forum

scrap that, i just wrote a large post then went to read the announcement thread, wow.

i think i shall be going to t in the park the day that eisley are on!!!

woohoo i'm excited, but have no money apart from my student loan which was meant to be for my footie season ticket, oh bother.

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north

please dont tell me you support newcastle - i wouldn't waste my money on a season ticket for that team!!! Wink
sinead xx
 |  | 
juan
Lost at Forum

Anonymous wrote:
please dont tell me you support newcastle - i wouldn't waste my money on a season ticket for that team!!! Wink
sinead xx

ah yes the mighty Newcastle United, let me guess, you support man ure? at least you didnt say s*****land!! haha

ps i'm going to scotland - t in the park, my friend is ordering me a ticket this afternoon, so i now dont have to wait until august, woohoo.

*is excited*
*has no money*
*should be revising but is messing on the computer*

Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
sinead
Sea Post King

god no, give me some credit!!! i am a chelsea season ticket holder. So am a majorly happy bunny at the moment - saw Damon from Blur at the footy on sunday. My sister is at uni in Newcastle, so she is kinda an honorary Magpie. Hence the fact i was taking the mick.
Her boyf i also scottish so she is going to T in the Park, and i maybe too but like you say:

*very excited*
*have no money*
*should be revising but messing around on the computer.*

Ahhh the joys of internet time wasting!!
Sinead xxxx
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

you crazy great britain types! gosh i love ya!... i mean ya'll... i mean... i don't know what the heck you guys are talking about... only season tickets i know about are ones to six flags... and thats only for people who live a heck of a lot closer to Dallas than here...

there is actually a point to this post:

i just wanted to say i like the band badly drawn boy... but i don't like hugh grant, but he was great in that movie about a boy that featured the band badly drawn boy...
sinead
Sea Post King

gosh i love you crazy texas types!!! Laughing and i agree with you on two points: badly drawn boy is amazing, and hugh grant is....well....not amazing. he gives us brits a bad name (apart from when he is playing a sexy beast in Bridget Jones...!!*giggle*)...ugh i am such a sap i disgust myself. Confused
And if it's any consolation, i don't have a clue what you're tlaking about with the 'six flags' thing. But here's your useless piece of info for the day:
In footballing terms (oops sorry, 'soccer' to all you crazy americans!)Season Tickets are where you play a lump sum at the start of the season, that guarantees you a seat for all the games that season. So now you know!! Cool
Sinead xxxxxxx
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

ok i knew what the season ticket concept was... just not all that tripe after it... (tripe is a british term isn't it? im trying to fit in here...)

six flags is a theme park in Dallas... very fun might i add. next time you are in the states i would highly recommend coming to texas and going to six flags among other things (other things in this case include seeing eisley and hunting for tumbleweeds and cactuses... both of which we don't have here in my part of texas)

i liked hugh grant in about a boy, not because he was a sexy beast but because he had did a very good job playing a dynamic character. hugh grant hardly can give britain a bad name because tolkien and lewis gave it such a good one... anyplace that can produce a JRR Tolkien makes me happy.
juan
Lost at Forum

ok, sinead chelsea, chelsea? well i s'pose its better than the manc scum. your sis' an honary magpie!! think we'll be getting more n more of those in the not too distant future when we win the league which we will very soon.

you should go to titp, this will be my 3rd time there its a wicked festival but i have a feeling its gonna rain badly this year (it didnt last year).

i love bdb, he is probably the best british singer/song writer of modern times (ie to become known in the past 5-10 years) and he was fantastic at t in the park last year - proper busker!!

ilitherian, if you havent already go buy his other albums hour of..... and his latest have you fed the fish, they are simply fantastic.

ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

i actually know what the word busker means! aren't you proud of me! i sure am... Rolling Eyes thats what i get for listening to silverchair (who aren't british but are australian)

i will certainly check them out if i can find them... best buy has just about everything so im sure i will be able to...
boyd
Eisleyoid

Juan,

So... I know it's a big place, but since you'll be there and we'll be there and...you're the only fan in the UK that we know about, it's got to happen.

Anyway, won't there be some way to see you even if you don't throw the goat on stage? (this is Juan's idea and I like it) None of us are use to big venues...so, we're not sure what we're getting into. You have to think of this band as a small, indie band that's done mostly shows in very cool clubs. (except for the 3 Coldplay dates in Texas - which didn't spook the band, but...still...only 4-6k.

So, you understand...when we say, "oh, we'll just hook up at the venue", our grid is like, "well, sure....why wouldn't that be doable?" That shows our naiivety. My cell won't be working so...that's out. I guess, just try the goat on stage or just come up front and yell..."Boyd!!!"....or "Eisley"....or "hey, stupid..yeah, you...the old guy!!"....and I'll turn and wait for the goat to hit me before acknowledging you. Then I'll charge you....do a half gainer summersault in the air and you and your friends can surf me before dropping me and stomping me. cool? a plan?

oh...and you were asking about the e-blast. Did you sign up on the front spash page of this site for the newsletter? If not, nahhh...you got passed over and now you can't get the highly collectible e-blasts (2) that are already making people very rich. (saw one go on ebay for over 3 US pennies - which if you know the rate of exchange...well....you can see for yourself how the numbers add up.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

why not get a big poster and write "HI! IM JUAN!" on it! and maybe draw a picture of a goat on it... i don't know... its worth a shot.
sinead
Sea Post King

Boyd i am mildly offended !! Laughing i was the 1st UK fan!!! I think that you'll find Juan came a very close second!!! Aww what the heck it doesn't matter, together me and juan are gonna inform the whole of England and spead the Eisley word!!! And if it helps, when i go to T in the Park, i'll chuck a chicken at you. sound good?!!
Sinead xxxxx
juan
Lost at Forum

ilitherian wrote:
why not get a big poster and write "HI! IM JUAN!" on it! and maybe draw a picture of a goat on it... i don't know... its worth a shot.

haha yeah, well i could put 'i'm Steven' on it, it makes more sense, cos thats my name Laughing

boyd, yeah i could make an effort, which is something rare for me Very Happy but yeah sort something out nearer the time, in fact yes it would be a good idea!! will you be checking this board/PM's whilst away on the colplay dates?

another question, do you know which day you are playing in scotland? I have had another look on the site for titp and there appears to be one space left on the line-up, and it is the saturday (not the day that coldplay are there) and its in the all new X-tent which they have introduced to celebrate 10 years of t in the park.
oh and tell the band not to say hello england, it wont go down too well with the very patriotic scottish!!

Sinead, sorry would I be stepping on your patch? may be I should take a step back, yeeah Sinead you are the original uk fan, but I'm better Wink maybe i'll see you there too.

*still excited*
*still no money*
*still should be revising/writing reports*

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

ok, uh, bumpage like major.

but did eisley play T? what the? How did I not know before today!

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland