| next >>
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

hey welcome you two.

mike that's so horrible but i'm glad you are doing what you are doing

hey the irish rule! Mr. Green
musicnerd
Sea Post King

Hey everyone, ummmm what to say.....well i've never seen Eisley yet, but i want to...i saw them actually on TV. It was on MTv2 and it was their music video for Marvelous Things. They pulled me right out of my insomniatic state (if that is a word) and made me a fan. All I can say is that they are awesome and that I can't wait to see them come and play for me (...well not for me, but i will be there!!!).

P.S. If Barbie is so popular, then why do u have to buy her friends?
The_Sympt0m
Vintage Newbie

WELCOME!

-ben

PS modest mouse rules!

since 1979

welcome all you new folks! Very Happy
potato
Laughing Citizen

The_Sympt0m wrote:
WELCOME!

-ben

PS modest mouse rules!

woohoo comes out tomorrow Very Happy Surprised

Squirly
Vintage Newbie

hello everyone new!
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 | Posts: 5464 | Location: Galt, California
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ridicularious
Sea Post King

Hey everyone,

Name's Jeremy. I'm originally from Shreveport Louisiana but have moved various places thruout High School. ended up back in Shreveport for final college days at LSUS. Graduated in PR, then packed up and headed to Nashville to pursue something behind the scenes in music (didn't really know that AUSTIN was a big music area or might've chosen that)...

Knew Eisley from Shreveport. They regularly played a cool coffehouse called CrossRoads (now shut down) in their early dayz and packed the place more than most bands who came thru. In moving to Nashville, some of the circles of people I have been in knew Eisley personally and so I have kept up with them up thru current day pretty consistantly. When I heard the Coldplay news I flipped out with excitement for them, but MAJORLY disappointed that the 5% to 10% of Coldplay's tour when EISLEY wasn't the opening act happened to be when CP came to play the RYMAN...*Fans of THE MUSIC close your ears (none?? that's what I thought)* Instead, we got THE MUSIC...they stank like rotten eggs...
EISLEY owes Nashville a show Wink (But I will say this, Nashville can be a crowd of stones many, many times at shows...it can be VERY frustrating for artists...AUSTIN'S more laid back.... )

Currently promoting the band the Duprees are gushing over, PILOTDRIFT, and hope to slip into management shoes with them soon. My ultimate goal is to move into Personal Assistant mode for a BIG artist/band (maybe PILOTDRIFT when they get BIG) or A&R for an AWESOME label...

I LOVE ASTRALWERKS RECORDS IN NYC A WHOLE LOT and of course Eisley's record label for recognizing such awesome talent...

Oh and feel free to keep me in check cause I tend to write lengthy posts and chase rabbits...I will contain myself....try to at least

Blessings to you all and CHEERS!!!!!!

Come say "hello" www.myspace.com/wwwmyspacecomderringer
Joined: 04 Apr 2004 | Posts: 442 | Location: nashvegas baby!!!!
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

Nice choice of music in your links Jeremy

athlete,aqualung and keane are all class

welcome to all the new people,I'm Paul...the token aussie. Wink

Sea Post King

homesick_alien wrote:
Nice choice of music in your links Jeremy

athlete,aqualung and keane are all class

welcome to all the new people,I'm Paul...the token aussie. Wink

Oh MUSE IS AWESOME as well, man!!!!! ABSOLUTIONS...WOW....AMAZING!!! I want to see them live REAL BAD!!!!!

Nice to meet ya Paul....

homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

Yep,good meeting you too and YES Muse is awesome...and I've been lucky enough to see them twice...best live show ever
Sea Post King

homesick_alien wrote:
Yep,good meeting you too and YES Muse is awesome...and I've been lucky enough to see them twice...best live show ever

Hey Jealousy....

Street_Armstr0ng
Sea Post King

Not sure if anyone will read this, but I ended up here pretty much by accident. Forgive me because I'm not a music guru like most of you here, nor am I a message board jockey (nothing is wrong with being either, I simply don't have the skills, or as some people say, skee-allz).

I saw Eisley when they opened for Coldplay at the UIC Pavillion in Chicago...I had a decent view being that I was most likely the only 6' 9" black man in attendance (but now that I think about it, my head probably blocked a lot of people...oh well, screw 'em). Anyway, I heard through a friend that the band had a video out, saw it through Yahoo, thoroughly enjoyed the hell out of it. I look forward to more good music coming from this band for years to come.

So anyway, in closing, I'd just like to say to Eisley that I, as well as thousands of others, appreciate your style...and thanks so much for opening for Coldplay, since that Sexsmith guy was kinda yawn inducing. Any more of that and I'd have needed half a white vallium...said Mr. Burns. Anyway, I'm rambling and strange, so I'll be on my way. Thanks again!

Street_Armstr0ng: Yeah. I do like Linkin Park's new album "I Hate You Dad! I Hate You Dad!" With that smash hit "Nobody Understands Me Because I'm 14!" and their sleeper hit, "Everybody Leave Me Alone, But Everybody Listen To Me!"

I also can't wait for the video for "Don't Ignore Me! Hey You! Yeah! You Over There! Don't Ignore Me, Okay? No, Not YOU. HIM! The Guy In The Red Hat! BILL JOHNSON From 6th Period Study Hall! Don't Ignore Me!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Awesome .. .welcome. Very Happy We're not all music gurus or message board types (though maybe some people think they are ...). This is the first message board I've really used a lot. Anyway, glad you made it here. Come back all you want, this is a great little place. If you have AIM, drop by chat room "Laughing City" .... it's good fun with a lot of cool people (the band sometimes, too).

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ali
since 1979

ditto to theantrider. and jamie, that avvy is hilarious Laughing

don't forget the avatar history thread!

BoxedUpAlive
Sea Post King

ello. two newbies on this puter. we saw Eisley on MTV2...it was cute! loved it. Wink
see ya -- K & B

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>