Laughing City
Bartman
Golly, Poster

The people I talk to who are into real music and appreciate good music (and are not mindless drones who'll buy whatever's the current trend) all like Eisley. They understand musical dynamics and "get" the lyrical witt and immagery.

However, there are a few to whom I try to expose Eisley and they just don't get it. Perhaps if they saw them live the influence might impress them better.

In summary, the majority of whom I share Eisley with likes the music. Possibly around 75% approval rating.

hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I can't believe I forgot to mention making my best friend like them to a point of searching for the EPs and making my LA class listen to them while we were writing! Oivey, my brain is fried.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
jamie
Sea Post King

last weekend i introduced eisley to my cousin, and she is absolutely in love! she actually took away my marvelous things and laughing city EPs just to burn them to her computer (we couldn't find a record store near that had it in stock). i've introduced eisley to many people, and they all seem to enjoy and embrace the music. if they go on tour this summer, be sure to see my cousin and I there Wink

Xangaaaaaaay.
ParanoidAndroid
Sea Post King

Well, ditto to most everyone else's replies.

Everyone who I introduce Eisley too loves it. I would agree that Eisley certainly appeals more to a certain crowd, and that not everyone appreciates it as much as others, but that's true with every type of music.

My two cents

jamiga
Vintage Newbie

I made my sister an Eisley CD and she listens to Telescope Eyes (old school version) over and over and over. She hasn't heard Sunfeet or Lady of the Wood. I bet she would go nuts over them as well.

My boyfriend makes fun of my Eisley obsession and turns the radio off when I play the CD over and over. Hes like, "I bet you listen to this song every day!!" And I reply, "Well- its more like 7 or 8 times a day" He doesn't understand how I manage to work the word "Eisley" into every other sentence.
But, when it comes down to it he admits that the music is very intriguing and hypnotizing (And he only listens to music like Perfect Circle and Tool- he enjoys trying to decipher the meanings of the lyrics). He justs hates the repeat button.

I'm in the process of introducing Eisley to my manager at Hastings. I'm pretty sure shes going to love it.

jamiga
Vintage Newbie

Oh yeah- I also wear my Eisley button on my apron at work, so I have a good share of customers that ask "Who is Eisley?" And I get to fill them in on all the juicy gossip. Muwhahaha.
sammy7987
Sea Post King

When I told my friends about Eisley and what a great bend they are they said they never heard of them. when i burnt them cd's and told them to listen they did and liked all the songs except dream for me Wink
Joined: 23 Apr 2004 | Posts: 5 | Location: Bakersfield, California
bmielkephoto
Sea Post King

I'm always wearing my Eisley pin and/or tshirt, so people are always asking me about them. I'll tell them about the music, and the live show I saw, then (because I usually have my ipod on me), I'll let them listen to some of the music. Most people like it, many ask me for burned copies, and ass-kissing aside, I tell them to go buy them and support the band.
"drunk one night I put my car key in my house door lock, and my natural reaction was to take it for a spin. When the cops pulled me over, they asked 'what do you think you're doing? Where do you live?', so I answered 'right here, now get the hell off of my driveway.'"
---------------------------
http://www.bmielkephoto.com
Joined: 26 Mar 2004 | Posts: 115 | Location: Northridge, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

jamiga reminded me... my Eisley buddy icon, i always get people asking about that. What's Eisley? and then BAM i launch the speech. Also that lovely shirt you sent me Kim has resulted in an inquery or two. We all need to be Eisley Billboards, wait too many boardies don't get out enough... j/k. Laughing
Gavman
Sea Post King

: o I soo cant wait till the stuff I ordered off the Eisley webby comes Very Happy i just got both EP's in the mail today and they rock gonna make everyone i know listen to them Very Happy
CHRIS~!
Golly, Poster

BNROCKS wrote:

to give you an example of what i get in a car ride...
me~hey, what should i put in next?
anyone~i dunno, just not eisley.

LoL! Funny comedy!

guitargalash
Golly, Poster

All of my friends think Eisley is wonderful. I bring my Marvelous Things EP with me everywhere I go. At work the other people like it, friends, and roommates. I like to spread the word about good bands, especially Eisley! Keep pushing those kids of yours because seriously we need them in the music world at this time, when all you see are young kids in the music buisness setting a bad example. If you ever need promo help in Minnesota, let me know because I do a lot of promotions for the local music scene. I would do whatever it takes to spread the word out about Eisley. HOPE THIS HELPS!
Joined: 26 Apr 2004 | Posts: 879 | Location: Minneapolis, MN
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TiMisVeryClassy
Sea Post King

I don't mean to be an a-hole. But there's been over six hundred views of this thread and less than a hundred posts. Kim asked for OUR help. The least we can do for the band that's brought us so much joy and happiness is to tell them the info they ask for. Good or bad. It's simple request. Keep on rockin'.
"To cheating, stealing, fighting and drinking... When you cheat, may you cheat death. When you steal, may you steal a woman's heart. When you fight, may you fight for a brother and when you drink, may you drink with me!"

http://img61.photobucket.com/albums/v185/TiMisveryclassy/
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

TiMisVeryClassy wrote:
I don't mean to be an a-hole. But there's been over six hundred views of this thread and less than a hundred posts. Kim asked for OUR help. The least we can do for the band that's brought us so much joy and happiness is to tell them the info they ask for. Good or bad. It's simple request. Keep on rockin'.
I posted twice, I just keep looking back each time I see a new post. I'm sure I'm not the only one doing it, I know I've looked at last 15 times.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
BK
Laughing Citizen

TiMisVeryClassy wrote:

A lot of it is people coming back to read what others posted or refreshing their memory about what's been said.