Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I just saw this newbie thing. I'm Jamie, I'm 23, a college journalist and I am from various cities in East Texas. I'm new to Eisley, but am heartened to learn some East Texans are getting a shot at the Big Time. Good stuff, as far as I've heard (I'm still playing catch up). I will probably just lurk here, but who knows, maybe I'll start talking ...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
marv
Sea Post King

Hi my name is David, i'm 20 (born 6/10/82... thats 6th October for you americans Wink) from Northants, UK. I just saw Eisley by pure chance at the V festival in chelmsford... someone gave me a free vip ticket Very Happy The set was just the most magical opening to a great weekend, and definately a highlight for me. Quite annoyed that I couldn't get a cd, as it would've cost £5 instead of the £8.99 plus p&p listed on amazon Sad

Wish I coulda met you guys, you seemed so down to earth and were having such a good time on stage, especially chauntelle who couldnt stop grinning Very Happy I'm just hanging around waiting for the band to realise that they could quite easily tour small venues in this country and not worry about not drawing a crowd. I think the crowds at V2003 say it all Smile So I hope to see ya soon!

About me: Music is my drug of choice. I play flute and piano... piano more so as its so much more expressive. I adore stuff like radiohead, elbow, colplay (although more the earlier stuff), jeff buclkey, pixies, breeders (i think i saw Kim Deal at V Surprised ) gybe!, nick drake, rem, and loads more... whatever really. Goldfrapp nearly made me cry at the weekend. (Yeah, i'm soft). I go to Warwick university, where I study Computer Science which makes me not just a *music* geek, but a complete and utter geek overall...

Anyway, i need to get dressed. I just crawled out of bed...
~David
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Babydoll
Sea Post King

hey , im caz and im 15 from chester in the north west uk. i was luckily enough to catch eisleys set at the v festival yesterday and i was amazed at their preformance , it was flawless and the singing was beautiful.
Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

Hey, I'm Adam and I saw Eisley at V too! Yeah, they were great. Nothing could have been better on a warm Saturday morning; except Marshmallows, and possibly REM; but that's only the exception. Warm luscious sounds and note perfect singing; the drawings on the site are good too!
Laughing_city
Sea Post King

im Ollie!! im 16 and i loooooooooove Eisley! yaaaaaay eisley!
i saw them at V fest, was very happy when i heard them first time! lovely eisley tra lalalalala

buh bye Smile
Joined: 18 Aug 2003 | Posts: 325 | Location: Stansted, Essex, England
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Silver Star Rain
Lost at Forum

Hullo, my name is Leah. I am sixteen as of the 18th of April. I was first introduced to the music of Eisley only a month ago. I find a certain delight in music with lyricism I can relate to and especially to that which tells a story. Thus Eisley caught my ear. My pastimes are those which include pondering the splendidness of fauns, dwarfs, the Lion, and the world in which they come alive.

Indeed I believe you guys are making your way to be on a list among Aireline, Radiohead, Bjork, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, The Innocence Mission, Coldplay, Seldom, Sigur Ros, and countless others who have given me a reason to humbly listen. Yes, quite truly so.

And it's so sad to see the world agree
That they'd rather see their faces fill with flies
All when I'd want to keep white roses in their eyes.

Joined: 01 Sep 2003 | Posts: 1061 | Location: The Stoned Mountain
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

april 18th is the neatest day for a birthday ever.
Silver Star Rain
Lost at Forum

Well, yes, thank you. I don't think that day is too shabby either, yes indeed.

Oh, by the way, I have a friend who goes to Wheaton as well....mmmhmm.

And it's so sad to see the world agree
That they'd rather see their faces fill with flies
All when I'd want to keep white roses in their eyes.

Joined: 01 Sep 2003 | Posts: 1061 | Location: The Stoned Mountain
MoreOfTheSame
Vintage Newbie

Hey. I'm Shawn *waves hi*, I'm 17, and I live in a suburb near DFW Airport. I'm very much a newb to Eisley (just got Laughing City on Saturday), but I'm at this point completely sold on the band (seeing as I've been listening to the EP nonstop since I got it. As for other bands I listen to, I'm completely obsessed with My Bloody Valentine (an Irish/British shoegazer/dreampop band from over a decade ago), and I also listen to Tori Amos, Sonic Youth, New Order, Yoko Kanno, Slowdive, and a ton of others.

Most of my free time is taken up by school and work (I work at an Italian ice cream and espresso bar fyi), but when I do have time I'm either practicing guitar, rehearsing with the band I'm in (imagine Kid A done with guitars and cross that with techno and that's how we sound), or taking wierd pictures (I plan to study photography at UNT).

And that's me in a nutshell. Bye bye for now *waves bye*

Flickr
Transvaal IV - Myspace : Virb
Deep Thoughts About Shallow Subjects
Joined: 02 Sep 2003 | Posts: 2455 | Location: Grapevine, TX
messengerbird
Sea Post King

hi

im lauren
i saw eisley at marble slab getting icecream
and jonathon played with my gameboy at starbucks..
oh yeah, im from tyler tx... thats how i know about those
Eisley folks.. they have massive talent, and are even in
a worship band, thats pretty rad if i do say so myself Smile

Very Happy

i'll circle the earth
but i'll always return...
Joined: 04 Sep 2003 | Posts: 3 | Location: Tyler, TX/ Austin, TX
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cat^^
Sea Post King

My name is jessica but most people call me cat thus the sn. yes um well i saw eisley erm moss eisley back in like 1999 or 2000 they came to my church youth confrence. and all my friends and i thought they rocked so much we've followed them ever since....We'd travel the world to see them...We'd stalk them too if they hadn't been so dern friendly.
Greatest band to follow...

Sea Post King

Hey there, I'm Cody. A bored 16 year old from Salem Oregon. I saw Eisley back in may when they opened for Coldplay. I thought they were awesome.

Some other cool bands i listen to are Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Nirvana, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, R.E.M., Sonic Youth, and a few others i can't think of right now.

I play guitar and am attempting(key word) to start a band but i'm the only one who is really taking it seriously. Oh well, someday...Peace, Love, Empathy.
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

yo, i'm the sinister penguin by night - ridding the world of evil....and by day ma names sam..from a city just above lundun, ingerland.

fun......like milk and cookies just before bed.

please post random private messages if you want a random private reply.

until then i bid you all a fond farewell and totakeke (the dog on my avater...animal crossing for gamecube...pure class and genius) will sing his sweet lullaby and take on that swift trip to the land of nod...
xox
boyd
Eisleyoid

- your avatar is quite good sinister pilgrim.

- much appreciate everyone who enters this small community and leaves their mark.

boyd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
juan
Lost at Forum

boyd wrote:

- much appreciate everyone who enters this small community and leaves their mark.

boyd

is that like as in a dog leaves there mark? Smile

or maybe not.

hello people who are new and not so new as i dont remember introducing myself. well im here. im from england, hello.

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>