Laughing City
vmiprestrain
Sea Post King

yes, i'll probably be there. and baltimore is definitely more shady than DC. although i wish the show was at fletchers. i love that place.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 434 | Location: Bridgewater, VA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
boyd
Eisleyoid

I got official news of this today... posted it on the site a few ago. I gather
the second show didn't sell so well or as well as expected so they moved
to a smaller room. That's real typical... not a big deal. They wanted to
know if Eisley wanted to do the show cuz they couldn't pay the band as much.

well, UH COARS'. you think these shows are about the money? no way.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
livewirerach
Sea Post King

hey all...i've been lurking here for quite some time, but don't post often.

anyway, i work at the 9:30 club, and the show STILL hadn't been announced even though it was on the bands' websites and pollstar. not even in the office of the club or anything. tickets weren't on sale for it (at least not through tickets.com, the club's vendor), so i'm not really sure what happened. and from someone who's from baltimore originally, BOTH places are in bad areas of town. but not the worst (hello, west baltimore? anacostia?) so yeah. hopefully i will make it to both shows, but we'll see...
Joined: 30 Oct 2003 | Posts: 285 | Location: washington, dc
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

livewirerach wrote:
hey all...i've been lurking here for quite some time, but don't post often.

Hey! I'm going to be at the Baltimore show, so make sure to say hi, or I'll try to say hi, even though I have no clue what you look like. Laughing I'm kinda miffed at the move, but that's just because it complicates a situation with a friend. But it'll work out. It'll be fun to see a little of Baltimore on the trip, too. Nice to see you post, feel free to keep doing that. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
livewirerach
Sea Post King

for sure! and i'm going to offer this as well - if anyone needs a place to stay after either the DC show or the Baltimore show, let me know! i live in a house in columbia heights in dc, about 5 minutes from 9:30 club, and my parent's house is right outside of baltimore, about 10 minutes from the ottobar (and my mom and sister will be off for easter break, so it'll be cool).

also 9:30 club is definitely in NW. the ottobar is about half of the size, though, which will be MUCH more intimate.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Awesome. Thanks. Smile I already have arrangements, but I'll keep that in mind if something falls through. Do you happen to know how the lights are at the Ottobar?

livewirerach
Sea Post King

not as good as the 9:30 club, but not too bad. i photograph shows a lot, but i think i've only done about 4 or 5 there...to the best of my knowledge, they use red lights more than any other color, but of course you can change that as much as you want with both digital and film photographs. but it's never too dark there, although if you photograph without a flash, some of the pictures might be a little bit blurry.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

livewirerach wrote:
not as good as the 9:30 club, but not too bad. i photograph shows a lot, but i think i've only done about 4 or 5 there...to the best of my knowledge, they use red lights more than any other color, but of course you can change that as much as you want with both digital and film photographs. but it's never too dark there, although if you photograph without a flash, some of the pictures might be a little bit blurry.

Ah, ok. I almost never use flash. But I've taken some pretty dim shows. I'm not sure if I'll take pictures there or not. It depends on how close I can get to the stage without being killed. Thanks for the info. This is exciting. Smile

alucier
Sea Post King

Uh..the last time I was at the ottobar, our car was broken into and the passenger side window was smashed in..I think I'm voting with the Ottobar being shadier on this one haha...
Last edited by alucier on Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
conundrum66
Sea Post King

Now, I don't exactly now where the Ottobar is, but I've seen footage from the inside, and it is a superior venue. However, B-town is much much much shadier than DC as a whole. Most of DC is just abandoned run down stuff. Baltimore is full of inhabited ghettos. Unless the Ottobar is near Art Space, which is in an area I feel strangely safe in. Against my better judgement no doubt.
alucier
Sea Post King

Haha..the Ottobar looks much better in footage than it does in real life..It's more intimate, but I think the 9:30 club is much better..plus the lights REALLY suck at the Ottobar..I've photographed shows there 3 or 4 times and the pictures, if not taken with flash, pretty much come out crappy...and I was front row. Their lights are for the most part a mixture or red and yellow with a couple blue..the last time I was there all of the lights weren't even on...If I'm ever rich, I'm buying them a new lighting system haha. I was at a DVD filming there (I'm on the DVD! woo! Very Happy) and they had to add lights because the lighting was so bad.

I would totally go to the show in Baltimore cause the 24th is a much better date..but I am just too scared of the Ottobar now...It was Feb. 1st that our car got broken into..I think I need some more time to forget about it haha...Very Happy

Last edited by alucier on Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

feb 1st, eh? i was there the next night to see tyondai braxton...now that was an amazing show. and my friend who drove didn't even have his car broken in to, although it did take awhile to get back because of the construction on the howard street bridge
alucier
Sea Post King

ryan fisher wrote:
feb 1st, eh? i was there the next night to see tyondai braxton...now that was an amazing show. and my friend who drove didn't even have his car broken in to, although it did take awhile to get back because of the construction on the howard street bridge

YES..that DAMNED construction started the night of our show after we had already got to the club..so we had to stop at an incredibly ghetto gas station and ask some random person for directions to 95..thank god he was right haha..

Last edited by alucier on Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
ladiosadice
Lost at Forum

Baltimore is definitely more shady than DC. It is the heroin capital of the country. 'Nough said.

And I swear in that moment we were infinite
BLOG l FLICKR
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

ladiosadice wrote:
Baltimore is definitely more shady than DC. It is the heroin capital of the country. 'Nough said.

Needle-less to say, I'll have to watch my back.