Laughing City
clues
Sea Post King

i know there is a live version of sun feet on OGG but is there a clear version out? if so, could i pretty please have it?

thanksssssssss.
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

OGG is your best bet. I'm pretty sure they pick the best quality version of the song that is "approved" by boyd to post for download.

hopefully someday the b-sides will fall into our hands.
Kevin87
Sea Post King

loveisachemical wrote:
OGG is your best bet. I'm pretty sure they pick the best quality version of the song that is "approved" by boyd to post for download.

hopefully someday the b-sides will fall into our hands.

still waiting on iTunes.. heck, I'm still waiting on WEA to give a specific date like they did with Telescope Eyes EP
adrio
Sea Post King

Isn't there strings on the recorded version of Sunfeet? I remember one of Weston's videos had Sunfeet all sped up in chipmunk-voiceyness, and it sounded like violins were playing.
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

nope, ain't no studio recordings floatin around, believe you me if i had em, you'd know...that's not to say you'd have them, but you'd know i had em Laughing
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

On one of the clips where they were in the studio making Room Noises, you hear them recording a really awesome version of Sun Feet. It had Chantelle with a rocking pedal and lots of strings I think. I haven't watched it in awhile.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

"Sun Feet" completely owns.

Stacy going "ho!" before the bridge is so killer. It makes it that much better (for me at least).

And what exactly does Christie have to do with this song? With the title and all? (Did she coin the term "Sun Feet"?)
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

golly andrew wrote:

And what exactly does Christie have to do with this song? With the title and all? (Did she coin the term "Sun Feet"?)

That's what I heard. The band wasn't sure about what to call the song, and Christie came up with "Sun Feet." I forgot where I read that.

- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I would love for Sun Feet to be on Album No. 2. This doesn't seem likely, but I do hope a proper version sees light one day. It's so good.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ideal
Sea Post King

Sunfeet! one of my favorite Eisley songs. I could not believe when this didn't make the tracklisting for the first LP.

I would also like to see this song (along with Escaping Song) make the second LP, but who knows...

golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

madsenfan35 wrote:
golly andrew wrote:

That's what I heard. The band wasn't sure about what to call the song, and Christie came up with "Sun Feet." I forgot where I read that.

It's one thing to suggest a name based from its chorus, but it's another to come up with the term itself.

The term "sun feet" is so full of expression and envokes imagery and feelings.

So, yeah i'd really like to know which she's responsible for Very Happy
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
adrio
Sea Post King

I would really dislike it if this song, the escaping song, or any other songs we've heard before(probably live) makes it onto the 2nd album. They're good songs, especially the escaping song, but we've already heard them before. I want new material, not a mastered mix cd of old stuff Rolling Eyes
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

It's not old to everyone, though. But yeah, I would hope Eisley is more interesrted in working forward (and I think they are). But then again, I don't want them to cheat a good song just because a couple thousand people (at most) shared it among themselves. Room Noises has sold 50,000+ copies. I'd bet maybe 2,000 of those people have really heard Sun Feet outside of a concert. Maybe 3,000 by a liberal estimate. I'd bet Eisley is aiming for the 100,000-200,000 mark for sales. That dwarfs the number of people who know Sun Feet by heart, though they should be considered, too.

madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

golly andrew wrote:
madsenfan35 wrote:
golly andrew wrote:

It's one thing to suggest a name based from its chorus, but it's another to come up with the term itself.

The term "sun feet" is so full of expression and envokes imagery and feelings.

So, yeah i'd really like to know which she's responsible for Very Happy

I believe she's responsible for just picking the phrase out from the song, not actually making those lyrics to the song.

- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I think it's probably from sketchbook lines and other things. I think I actually heard that she was the inspriation for Sun Feet, and not necessarily a writer of any lines. Though there is one song that borrows from her writings. I just can't remember what it is right now ... I think it was Vintage People, actually.

goto page
 | next >>