Laughing City
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I agree with Sprocket. And we all see what we see. There is no "correct" answer here.
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

Stacy Lynn?...is that her middle name...if it is, that really cool. Stacy Lynn Dupree Smile nice
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

Sprocket wrote:
OceanMachine and HeavierThanBuddha were using Stacy's writing as a vehicle with which to espouse their philosophical views, as opposed to considering the literary form of Stacy's writing.

For the most part, yeah. The perception of the writing over the intent of the writer.

Vintage Newbie

To me it says....by child number 4 the brain wires got scrambled, but in such a lovely way that we decided to keep her around to entertain us. Laughing Wink
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
To me it says....by child number 4 the brain wires got scrambled, but in such a lovely way that we decided to keep her around to entertain us. Laughing Wink

haha, she really smart...and she seems to have very "profound" moments, but that's the cool thing about her journals Very Happy

fakeplastic
Sea Post King

I read this twice.
It's very silly.
I thought so -- at least..

nice post

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
boone
Vintage Newbie

Sprocket wrote:
Aww for once I think it's a tad unfair to say 'Boone wins' per se. OceanMachine and HeavierThanBuddha were using Stacy's writing as a vehicle with which to espouse their philosophical views, as opposed to considering the literary form of Stacy's writing. OceanMachine and HeavierThanBuddha were writing less of the author's intent of writing nonsense verse but rather, considering whether something truly random with no purpose can be said to exist. Yeah, on a technical level Boone is right, but I think to say he wins is to devalue OceanMachine and HeavierThanBuddha of their interpretative rights. As Judd says:

Quote:

it's pretty much all self interpretation.

i think any sort of literature should be interpreted as much as as possible by one's own thinking, even though it's almost inevitable to be led to think a certain way about it. but i don't think i'm really making sense. well, i guess any form of literature or writing can be taken in any direction despite what the author or writer's intent was.

Birth of The Reader! And on a nicely articulated note:
http://faculty.smu.edu/dfoster/theory/Barthes.htm

I was just moving to say that the word "nonsense" is appropriate, because it doesn't necessarily mean something makes no sense at all. The two guys there were actually having a semantics debate, because they differed on the intent of the word nonsense, which is a silly thing, so I solved it for them.

Then I injected some humor because I'm hilarious.

duleygirl
Sea Post King

Stacy's a true writer to have the ability to come up with stuff like that, and to write songs along those same lines which are entertaining and somehow make sense, I think.

lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

duleygirl wrote:
Stacy's a true writer to have the ability to come up with stuff like that, and to write songs along those same lines which are entertaining and somehow make sense, I think.

her words are sooo profound. she's very gifted with that.

Twnty4Stvns
Golly, Poster

Kimbrtones wrote:

That's hilarious.

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 | Posts: 634 | Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Twnty4Stvns wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:

That's hilarious.

That is funny...I'm glad its not just me. I was about to think, maybe I should've paid more attention in my literature courses....
gundamit
Golly, Poster

In my minds eye I can see Stacy cackling madly as she posts yet another nonsensical missive in her journal. She then proceeds to obsessively check for responses on the forums by hitting the refresh button on her browser for most of the day. She curses the wireless gods when her connection cuts out while in transit between shows.

To her horror the persistent culture of niceness at the Laughing City forum results in exchanges between members (trying to glean something from her words) is not what she had hoped for. Where is the verbal bludgeoning between members as they try to establish the definitive meaning of her post? Where are the bombastic displays of E-P that are so prevalent elsewhere on internet forums? Instead she sees exchanges between members that are as passive as foppish gentlemen at a tea party debating who's outfit was the most flattering at the last fox hunt.

Stacy weeps bitter tears as she realizes that no bloody mayhem on the forum is forthcoming. Curses. Foiled again. Back to the drawing board to plan the next step in her never ending campaign of terror on the LC forum. Wink
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

gundamit wrote:
In my minds eye I can see Stacy cackling madly as she posts yet another nonsensical missive in her journal. She then proceeds to obsessively check for responses on the forums by hitting the refresh button on her browser for most of the day. She curses the wireless gods when her connection cuts out while in transit between shows.

To her horror the persistent culture of niceness at the Laughing City forum results in exchanges between members (trying to glean something from her words) is not what she had hoped for. Where is the verbal bludgeoning between members as they try to establish the definitive meaning of her post? Where are the bombastic displays of E-P that are so prevalent elsewhere on internet forums? Instead she sees exchanges between members that are as passive as foppish gentlemen at a tea party debating who's outfit was the most flattering at the last fox hunt.

Stacy weeps bitter tears as she realizes that no bloody mayhem on the forum is forthcoming. Curses. Foiled again. Back to the drawing board to plan the next step in her never ending campaign of terror on the LC forum. Wink

nice..... Cool

OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

gundamit wrote:
Instead she sees exchanges between members that are as passive as foppish gentlemen at a tea party debating who's outfit was the most flattering at the last fox hunt.

I didn't wear anything at my last fox hunt.

Golly, Poster

OceanMachine wrote:
I didn't wear anything at my last fox hunt.
I think I saw that on TV. You played the part of the random naked guy on COPs right? Confused