Laughing City
cpr12378

I went to this show last night and took my Minidisc, and recorded the show. The recording came out amazingly (is that even a word), much better than the one for the Coldplay show. If anyone wants a recording of it, I'll take the first ten people, cpr12378@hotmail.com. Also here is a link of what and how to do a B&P, http://www.mcnichol.com/bnp/ or if anyone would like to trade for something, I would also take a copy or original of CD 1 from them. I picked up CD 2 last night, great to have something other than live stuff.

Here are the songs they played last night:

Sea King
Over The Mountains We Go
Mister Pine
Telescope Eyes
Lullaby
Blackened Crown
Sun Feet
The Winter Song

Cheers,
Clint

PS: I know a lot of people took pictures, if anyone wants to swap pictures for a recording, let me know.
 |  | 
cpr12378

I'm totally retarted, I hit new post instead of reply, please ignore the other post.

Oops, here is the updated setlist, I forgot one:

Sea King
Over The Mountains We Go
Mister Pine
Telescope Eyes
Lullaby
Blackened Crown
Sun Feet
The Winter Song
Tree Tops
 |  | 
MeanGreen
Sea Post King

Hmmm, does MossEisley care you are reaping benefits off their music? They do have creative license to their music you know and you may wan't to clear it with them before you go making copies for people and asking to trade things, but if you have already cleared that I apologize for my rant but if not you may want to reconside what you are doing.
boyd
Eisleyoid

I think the band's only problem will be - the show wasn't very good....they couldn't hear (notice Stacy cupping ear and squinting again? She was almost broken of the habit) Think how lame it will be to have lame recordings out there in the marketplace. Still....

cpr - try to give them to the true blue die hards on this forum. They'll be responsible with them....(you know who you are) But there's no problem with taping....btw, how bad was it? I'm serious YA'LL - it took have the set for Chris to get the levels right, balance out Stacy and Sherri....I heard horrible things. Too kind.... but in the end, it was pretty sweet.

(wusup meangreen? djo' git to nextstage by way of scalper?)

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Andrew Hernandez
Sea Post King

boyd,
i thought the band sounded absolutely great from the front..thats where i was. yes, stacy had to cup her ear, because she couldn't hear, but it would have helped if that monitor got moved to her side...not under and behind her keyboards...oh well. like i said, i thought they sounded great, and i am usually picky about sound too as recording/mixing/editing is probably my favorite thing to do besides actually playing
cpr12378

Moss fans, let me assure you that i'm not reaping any kind of benefits b/c I will never except money for the shows that I record, this is strictly for trading. There are some people in here that can attest to me not accepting money, b/c I have been offered. This is a hobby for me and I enjoy sharing these shows with the people who want them. This is an incredible band.

If you re-read my original post, I only ask for trades or B&P. If they don't like it then I'll gladly stop posting on here with recordings of their live shows. I just thought that the Moss fans might like to hear their live shows.

Boyd, The show was actually really good. I thought that the engineering could of been better, b/c the bass was a bit too loud and it was sometimes hard to hear Stacy but it got better at the end. My equipment is setup to take out some of that bass. I really like the recording compared to the dozen or so other recordings I have done of other bands. And compared to the one I did at Coldplay this one blows it away, b/c I was about 10 ft. away compared to over 100 ft. But please let me know if the band doesn't want me trading their lives show and I'll gladly stop, I'm doing this for ya'll not me.
 |  | 
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

There is no way that crp is reaping any benefits from a B&P offer... other than the satisfaction that other people will get to hear something he enjoyed. He's doing all the giving and receiving nothing in return. Cpr seems like a pretty good guy to do it (provided he has the band's consent, which he seems to). Unless Moss comes back to Houston, there's no way I'll be seeing them again any time soon. So a taping is the closest I could actually get. It's unfortunate though because I'd rather see them live.

So thanks cpr. By the way, I didn't take part in this particular offer.
Joined: 28 Jan 2003 | Posts: 2857 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
keyboardplayer
Golly, Poster

i think the originator is doing a GREAT service by b+p-ing the shows. how else would people in cali or indiana or from around the UK be able to hear their new stuff? and also it creates a bigger fan base, at the same time also creating a tighter one.

read up on b+p and trading shows, their completly legal and completetly helpful. CRP is awesome for being the first one to actually record a show and then offer it out. hopefully more people will follow suit.

oh yeah....and if you want the show....rumor has it that it's still being offered from CPR....just e-mail him

jj

Joined: 06 Nov 2002 | Posts: 743 | Location: there are places i remember.....
MeanGreen
Sea Post King

boyd wrote:

(wusup meangreen? djo' git to nextstage by way of scalper?)

Man I didn't end up getting to go to the who, but my friend who was subpposed to be ordering my ticket with his ended up getting one from another guy who had to bail out, so it kind of sucked.....Oh well .......

...btw peeps I'm just trying to have the bands best intrest in mind here. I know some other bands suck as Midlake wherent to happy when they found a demo CD of theirs online. But Boyd seems to be fine with it so continue on...

sc0tt
Golly, Poster

I remember the demo thing... in the days of audiogalaxy i downloaded a few songs that got out that werent supposed to be out. it was real old stuff though, and nothing they even sound like now. there was a kinda cool early version of praise high though... but i can see why they didn't want it out.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

It's all cool. Just be sure and buy the cd when it comes out Laughing
That'd be showing your love.
In these days and times, is there really any way for a band to stop this kind of thing? Not that MossEisley is trying to. It's flattery.

There music is really amazing....oh wait...I'm the mom, of course I'd think that Exclamation

Hey, MossEisley even had one of the EP's stolen from a local store that we had some of their cd's in!!!! Imagine needing a MossEisley cd that bad Crying or Very sad

Can't wait for the new EP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cpr12378

That's the other thing I wanted to clarify, I did buy there ep2 and I will definetely be getting everything they put out in the future. I asked for a copy of ep1 in the original post but I've been told that you can't buy that anywhere, otherwise I would have bought it too. My g/f even bought a shirt for her 8 year old, she's a big fan too.

I also wanted to think the people that said nice things about me. I'm part of a much larger trading and recording community where we trade shows between each other, for all different types of bands. I have a great respect for taping and trading shows, so I hope that no one thinks that I'm trying to decieve the band in any way whatsoever. I just ask that everyone will respect my recordings and not transfer them to mp3's and share them on file trading programs. That destroys my work. But please if someone you know wants a copy, please burn a copy and give it to them.

One more thing, I just recently started listening to the band, and fell in love immediately. They have such an amazing sound, some of it sounds like The Cardigans, The Sundays, Innocence Mission and maybe (digging deep) Portishead. I just regret that it took me so long to find out about them.

Clint
 |  |