Laughing City
norad
Vintage Newbie

uncreative wrote:
patrock wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:
omg im not werthy, *dies*

There's no need to mock people. Rolling Eyes

I think he was joking around saying he's not worthy because Sherri posted in here. But I guess you could argue that he was mocking people who type/talk like that, haha.

Which is what I meant. Some people react every excitedly when a band member posts. I've seen people make fun off the way they react. I wouldn't be surprised if he was mocking those people.
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

patrock wrote:
uncreative wrote:
patrock wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:

I think he was joking around saying he's not worthy because Sherri posted in here. But I guess you could argue that he was mocking people who type/talk like that, haha.

Which is what I meant. Some people react every excitedly when a band member posts. I've seen people make fun off the way they react. I wouldn't be surprised if he was mocking those people.

Yeah, but no one had even come close to any sort of comment like that yet. I think you jumped the gun just a bit.

Vintage Newbie

Who's on first?
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
uncreative wrote:
patrock wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:

You need to lighten up and just move on if you dislike or misinterpret innocent humor. I don't appreciate your growing antagonism towards me, please stop.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
norad
Vintage Newbie

Meh, I do what I want.
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

[tongue in cheek] oh great, way to blow that snobby gangsta image you've been calculatedly trying to build up, Sherri [/tongue in cheek]

[sincere] keep on rockin' the tour you guys! [/sincere]
Last edited by grain thrower on Tue May 13, 2008 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

davegahan wrote:
However, if you're in a touring band, it's kind of your job to be "on" every night. My friend is in a band and he said that he's had some of his best shows ever when beforehand he felt too sick to play or there was a pressing personal issue he was dealing with. He found the extra energy and adrenalin from the crowd when he was sick and for the personal issuues... he let all that emotion and energy out on stage. He said that even though you go through h*ll on the road, it's still worth it because of the SHOW every night and the people that came out to see you.

I don't think you gave the best example to back up your point, if in fact your friend who was going through so much crap while on the road got all his energy from the crowd. He wasn't "on" in the face of adversity--he had help in the form of an energetic audience. There's a difference, and at any level--coffehouses to stadiums--the mood of a crowd can make or break a show. The band and the audience feed off of each other.

People seem to have a major sense of entitlement when it comes to concerts. The only thing the band owes you, the only thing you paid for, is an hour or two of live music. Stage antics and banter and a really good charismatic connection with the crowd are bonuses.

davegahan wrote:
Also keep in mind that no artist is above reproach. They learn and grow and adapt and change both by the positive support and the seemingly negative feedback they get. They, just like we, learn from experience and learn things every day from this fragile existence called humanity.
Not to beat a dead horse, but if U2 didn't learn from the mistakes and criticism of "Pop" and it's tour, we would never have gotten "All that You Can't Leave Behind" and "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" and the subsequent brilliant tours that followed.

I agree that no artist is above reproach. However, I'm not sure what you meant by the mistakes of the Popmart tour besides the band losing a million bucks a night (and still being rich). The Popmart in Mexico City DVD contains a stellar performance with some amazing energy from the crowd and band. And I would trade their two most recent CDs for Pop any day.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
Last edited by Saellys on Tue May 13, 2008 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ashstars
Sea Post King

Kimbrtones wrote:
Sherri!...you were waaaaaaaay too gracious girl! Laughing Wink

I agree, but that's Sherri.

It's funny to read that Sherri was having such a good time at this show and to have read the earlier Portland show reviews which were all very positive. And then to see someone having such a negative opinion about the very SAME show. As Sherri said, opinions are like a$$holes..... everyone has one....(but maybe some are just rankier than others.)

ashstars
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:

People seem to have a major sense of entitlement when it comes to concerts. The only thing the band owes you, the only thing you paid for, is an hour or two of live music. Stage antics and banter and a really good charismatic connection with the crowd are bonuses.

Amen. Can we post this as a sticky somewhere! Laughing

Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

Good for you Sherri! Glad you didn't take his "review" too seriously... You're Mom is right, you were way too gracious in responding Wink

If it's any consolation, your Detroit concert was our first live Eisley experience and my daughter and I couldn't have enjoyed it more. You were awesome. (Samantha has told all her 3rd grade friends that the Eisley concert was WAAAAAY better than the Hannah Montana concert she went to in January)- so you not only impressed ME ( a middle-aged dad Eisley fan...) but an impressionable , intelligent , talented 9 year-old girl who aspires to be just like YOU , and Stacy, and Chauntelle
Very Happy

Keep up the great work-- you're all awesome ! (or in the famous words of the Lucky Charms leprachaun: "Eisley's Magically Delicious" Wink

RachelDldy
Sea Post King

Sherri wrote:
wow! Sherri, the passionless piece of crap here! (kidding, kidding;)

Hi dear people!

i only scanned that long review AND everyone is entitled to their own opinion (cause as they say "opinions are like @$$holes and everyone's got one!")...but the part's I did read made me laugh!

Only because i had a lot of fun at that show!! I really did!!
Everyone was so chatty and and it was just a chill show where we talked to the audience a lot and everyone was having a good time!...well, not everyone I guess! It definitely wasn't our BEST show of the tour, by far,
and I know we can always do better, ALWAYS, but for this lady,
It was a fun show.

sorry to bum you out sir, i think you were the only one not having fun though! hopefully the next show does it for you, unless we've disappointed you too much to return!

BUT i don't appreciate being called names because I "pushed" my sister offstage. haha I've been picking her up, and carrying her, slapping her butt, whatever, after she sings everynight because it's funny!
I promise i wasn't being a (insert choice insult here) at all! i love my sisters more than my own life.

i love you guys too! i'm sorry we bummed you out mister mister truly.
i hate that someone hated our show that much. that's terrible and hopefully will not happen next time!

love,
sherri

Wow. This ^right here^ is why I live and breathe Eisley. And to whoever said Eisley's "too accessible" to be "rockstars" or taken as a "serious band"... gee whiz. If Eisley were anything but the wonderful human beings they are (accessible! friendly! REAL!), they wouldn't be Eisley Smile

ks1990
Lost at Forum

After seeming so desperate to post his review, it's interesting how the OP hasn't said a word since. Haha. Seriously though, I can't believe he didn't get the Christie thing Rolling Eyes .

Anyways, Sherri you rock! And don't let any ****** tell you otherwise! Very Happy
Tim Kim
Sea Post King

ks1990 wrote:
After seeming so desperate to post his review, it's interesting how the OP hasn't said a word since. Haha. Seriously though, I can't believe he didn't get the Christie thing Rolling Eyes .

Anyways, Sherri you rock! And don't let any ****** tell you otherwise! Very Happy

Was just about to post the same thing!

But I went to the Sacramento show and it was amazing! I don't think you can go wrong with a live Eisley show... just kick back and enjoy, have fun! I know I did!

change is happening.
Joined: 27 Apr 2006 | Posts: 305 | Location: Sacramento, Caluhfournia
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Could be a prank post. Or perhaps they just didn't have a good time. Perhaps the poster enjoyed the show 3+ years ago more than this one, and felt they should come on here to express their feelings. Who knows? But I see nothing wrong with a paying customer coming on a band's website to voice their opinion. They didn't sound like they have any ill will towards the band. They just feel what they feel about the show and the band's progress in 3 years. They mentioned Cold Play and Snow Patrol, so perhaps they're fans of those bands who happened to catch Eisley open for them years ago. I didn't see Eisley on either of those tours, so I cannot judge fairly if their points are valid or not. I've enjoyed myself at every Eisley show I've seen, and they each had some things that were special and unique about them, but I enjoyed Final Noises more than this last show I saw them. Does that make me a bad fan? I hope not.
davegahan
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
I don't think you gave the best example to back up your point, if in fact your friend who was going through so much crap while on the road got all his energy from the crowd. He wasn't "on" in the face of adversity--he had help in the form of an energetic audience. There's a difference, and at any level--coffehouses to stadiums--the mood of a crowd can make or break a show. The band and the audience feed off of each other.

People seem to have a major sense of entitlement when it comes to concerts. The only thing the band owes you, the only thing you paid for, is an hour or two of live music. Stage antics and banter and a really good charismatic connection with the crowd are bonuses. .

True the mood of a crowd "can" make or break performances but it shouldn't. The crowds my friend played in front of were significantly smaller than Eisley crowds.
My friend Charlotte Martin: http://www.charlottemartin.com/ plays with the same amount of off the chart passion at every show. I know because I've seen her in a room of 15 people, including the bartender, door person, sound op, her tour manager, club manager, and four members of the opening band - all of which acted like they were on diazepam - and she STILL gave an all out energetic performance as if there were 1000 people there. And you know what? By mid way through the set she had won them over. She's played to as little as three people before - with the same intensity. If you can play with passion to 150, 300 or 500+ people, then you should also be able to do it in front of 3 people. imo.

And of the "entitlement" or "bonuses" of a live show... just had a conversation with someone about this yesterday. My friend Kyle is a very talented musician but he never wanted any "show" aspect to his live performance. He wanted the music to speak for itself and just sit there and play. Therefore his band mates moved on without him because they cherished the "show" aspect of their live performance and wanted to give the crowd their money's worth.
If all you want is to hear the music - then by all means stay at home and listen to the cd/mp3/8-track (or live cd and save your hearing Wink ).

Saellys wrote:
I agree that no artist is above reproach. However, I'm not sure what you meant by the mistakes of the Popmart tour besides the band losing a million bucks a night (and still being rich). The Popmart in Mexico City DVD contains a stellar performance with some amazing energy from the crowd and band. And I would trade their two most recent CDs for Pop any day.

The mistakes of POP and the subsequent tour are well documented (and you probably know this) - they set a release date for the album and start date for the tour WAY before they had the album done and the result is a rushed, hastily put together piece of work that all the band readily admit was a mistake (to do it that way). While I do like POP a lot (Do You Feel Loved, Please), a lot of U2 fans didn't. I saw two shows on that stadium tour and neither of them were even close to sell outs. In fact, they were only half full at best. Fast forward to the Elevation and Vertigo tours and you practically had to sell your soul and or re-mortgage your home to get a ticket.

The point I was making was that U2 learned, adapted, changed and became MUCH bigger than they were before. I would argue that they are a larger phenomenon now than after the Joshua Tree album and tour, and even after they "went away and dreamed it all up again" for Achtung Baby (their BEST album EVER! And I'll argue that to the day I die Cool ) and the ZOO tv tour (now THAT was a show!)