Laughing City
norad
Vintage Newbie

Even though he spells some names wrong...he left some nice words in a bulletin posted today.

Myriad dude wrote:
Eisley/The Myriad/Vedera tour has reached its end!
Current mood: grateful
Category: Friends

And today, on this most glorious of days, we are home!
And we are EXHAUSTED! This tour was a good run and a half: 51+ shows (7 Switchfoot shows prior to the Eisly run), 35,000 miles, and enough coffee consumption to fill a sleepy rhino!!!

What a wonderfully splendid spring tour! Sonsy and true~!
We hereby want to wholeheartedly thank Eisley and Vedera for making the two monther a time of peace and joy... replete with convivial mirth: nonconventional and charming to the last. The kind of mirth that makes one want to rally and catch a 15 pound rainbow rather than a mere 1 ounce minnow. Forsooth.

Eisely

Boyd: "Pops" be-ith his name. And sagacity be-ith his game... especially if one wishes to discuss music circa the last 50 frickin' years. I love Boyd because he loves the Carpenters... and I love the Carpenters... so there you go. Boyd is like Jimmy Stuart. All heart. American heart. Golden like eternal forever and ever. Ice cream and Chevrolet.

Chauntelle: She is one for real, human conversation... in the way that an alpine lake is one for refreshing summer swims complete with boats and neon green snorkels! Good times, I tell you what! She is a real Katharine Hepburn, standing in 30's garb smack dab in the middle of a verdant field dappled with amiable sunlight! Word.

Weston: Holy crap. Seal the gates! Seal the gates! A JUICY T-Rex is a'coming through... and he's a goshdern blackbelt full up to his jucky Asics with wit and jocular panache! Weston is really Chris Tucker pissed off; in a good way, of course. Minus Jackie Chan, but still with broken boards, splinters, and greased muscles.

Stacey: Stacey is simply Paula Abdul... HA! JUST KICKING! She is most certainly NOT Paula Abdul. Stacey is Billy Corgan... HA! JUST KICKING! She is most certainly NOT BilCo. So, then, just who IS Stacey, anyhoo....???? Well, to us, Stacey is supremely and entirely Paul McCartney. Except, of course, she is a woman, and not in her sixties, which makes a real difference if one really ponders it. She is "Mother Nature's Daughter" instead of son. Boomshackalacka.

Garron: I hope your name has two "r"s. Garron is Sean Connery at his sexiest... with a bass and a Marxophone thingy so that he can play "Combinations" with audible flare... and then John and Mark can spend extra time packing up that dang Marxophone every frickin' night... wasting precious load out time! But, back to Garron: James Bond, a real-live Dragon, Highlander, father of Indiana Jones, etc. He is the real deal. Open your wallets, folks, and bless him with your hard earned cash... simply because he is Scottish and a bad ass. Think heart of a lion.

Sheri: Sheri's name is my mother's name, back in Buckhorn, California. It's a name you don't hear too often. Did Boyd hearken back to the early fifties name grab-bag when he christened neonatal Sheri? Methinks so... and it is just such aforementioned historical gumption (ie being true to your roots) that gives us Sheri today, in all of her lazer-quick wittiness.

Hence: she is Bill Cosby! And Bill Cosby hereby wins an award right the heck now for texting more than anybody (way, WAY more than anybody) during the duration of this tour.

Kayla: Kayla is the President of the United States. And I still owe her two dollars. Her favourite food is steak. Being a denizen of Texas just might have something to do with this. Kayla is smart. Smart like an eaglet in the lofty ether...

Kristi: Kristi is Mount Rushmore.

Israel: Israel is The Black Hills.

Zane: Zane is the gold nuggets in that region, hidden and valuable

Madison: Madison is South Dakota... she contains whole fields of wheat, corn, and buffalo!

John: John is a proficient, rapacious reader of novels!

Mark: Mark LOVES Talk Talk and the 77's more than he loves breathing air. HA! I love you Mark. Golden Drakk.

I think that concludes my crappy yet amusing look at spring tour '08.

Officially: Eisley's COMBINATIONS tour!
Thank you, Duprees, for letting us be apart of such a lovely, sublime tour.

Cheers eternal, ya'll!

JohnnyRoger
The Myriad!
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

"Eisely" Laughing

But, yeah. Nice words. Cool band. Cool
Catey
Lost at Forum

That was nice.

I don't get how people can mis-spell the names of those they know though.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

Catey wrote:
That was nice.

they probably didn't do a lot of writing back and forth, signing names and such, because they were all together. and it's hard to know a name's spelling when you only talk to the person.

no one can spell my name right when i first meet them.
most just guess abby. (it's abbie)
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

Laughing That was really sweet, and funny!
Catey
Lost at Forum

crazeemunkeyz wrote:
Catey wrote:
That was nice.

they probably didn't do a lot of writing back and forth, signing names and such, because they were all together. and it's hard to know a name's spelling when you only talk to the person.

no one can spell my name right when i first meet them.
most just guess abby. (it's abbie)

I guess so. I think I'm just a bit snobbish when it comes misspelling of names as I've often been put down as Kate when it should be a C, so it bugs me.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
WindFromTheOcean
Golly, Poster

Myriad dude wrote:

Chauntelle: She is one for real, human conversation... in the way that an alpine lake is one for refreshing summer swims complete with boats and neon green snorkels! Good times, I tell you what! She is a real Katharine Hepburn, standing in 30's garb smack dab in the middle of a verdant field dappled with amiable sunlight! Word.

this is awesomness! Cool his explaination is uber cool!

"As an artist... I feel that we must try many things - but above all, we must dare to fail. You must have the courage to be bad - to be willing to risk everything to really express it all..."
Joined: 16 Aug 2007 | Posts: 948 | Location: Cebu Rock City, Philippines baby!!
reflectedxglory
Sea Post King

I love this and I love him.
I am one for being use to people, even years after knowing me, misspelling my name [Katy or Kathryn] or even knowing my correct last name. When you don't really write someone's name down a lot or have to correspond with them via mail or something you may just not learn. They are busy being rockstars too much by the way. Laughing Just playing. Though his descriptions of Chauntelle, Boyd and his owing of two bucks to Kayla[wonder what for] is what made me smile most. Though I still to this day think Weston's fighting skills scare me.

p.s. Did anyone enjoy his shoe choice as much as me, i had a short conversation about with Chauntelle and the family friend at the Orlando show and then a the man himself. I only wish I could wear my pink and b&w patterned galoshes more.

Hilary Duff cover!! yessss...

Kimbrtones wrote:
See what interesting things I can make you people do? Laughing
This thread has gotten quite amusing but.....my lips are sealed.

On Chauntelle:
Kimbrtones wrote:
wow guys! She's not Jesus! Smile
But she is awfully sweet, and kind hearted.
Joined: 11 Mar 2005 | Posts: 489 | Location: orlando,fl,usa
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

Quote:
Kayla: Kayla is the President of the United States. And I still owe her two dollars. Her favourite food is steak. Being a denizen of Texas just might have something to do with this. Kayla is smart. Smart like an eaglet in the lofty ether...

haha

vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

drugs
Laughing Citizen

WindFromTheOcean wrote:
Myriad dude wrote:

this is awesomness! Cool his explaination is uber cool!

yea, i thought so too! Smile

He's incredibly smart; his words really impressed me. Smile my memory is horrible.

Jared x
Lost at Forum

vivalaspopie wrote:
drugs

That's sort of what I was thinking.

Fun read though.

OrangeGold&Green
Sea Post King

I really enjoyed his creative way of explaining/describing things at times...but his lack of puncuation was a bit upsetting at times...but I managed to get through it, in the end, and found it to be a quite nice read. It was very sweet of him.
Whatsername832
Sea Post King

Aww, what a sweet guy.
That was nice of him to write that. Smile
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

vivalaspopie wrote:
drugs

ahh.......probably all the caffeine from all the coffee.
duprees probably got them hooked on those double shots.

fun read.

mother nature's daughter...

(what does this guy do in the band? he sounds like me when i'm let loose.........and i don't need no juice)