Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
norad
Vintage Newbie

Nightmare wrote:
patrock wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
I'd feel bad if I got a zircon for an engagement ring.

I said zircon, not zirconia.

You may or may not be surprised but I had no idea there was a difference. Cool huh?

Hahah. Zircon is 100% natural. Well, besides color treatments.
Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
patrock wrote:
Nightmare wrote:

You may or may not be surprised but I had no idea there was a difference. Cool huh?

Sounds cool. It's now on the list of things I should run by her to see if she likes.

Nora, is there ever a thread we keep on track?

Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 3505 | Location: In your dreams
norad
Vintage Newbie

Nightmare wrote:
patrock wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
patrock wrote:
Nightmare wrote:

Sounds cool. It's now on the list of things I should run by her to see if she likes.

Be sure to make it clear that it's not the same as a CZ (100% natural). It's a fairly common diamond replacement apparently.

And, no.
Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
patrock wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
patrock wrote:
Nightmare wrote:

Be sure to make it clear that it's not the same as a CZ (100% natural). It's a fairly common diamond replacement apparently.

And, no.

Will do. I don't want to look as broke as I am.

And I'm fine with our thread-destroying capabilities.

Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 3505 | Location: In your dreams
alinicole
Sea Post King

The concert was SO good. Eisley did incredible. They did Combinations then Come Clean then Just Like We Do. Those last two especially blew me away.

Luke, it was nice meeting you briefly while following Boyd and everyone to try to find our seats haha.

pzy
Wookie Luke

tragedienne wrote:
The concert was SO good. Eisley did incredible. They did Combinations then Come Clean then Just Like We Do. Those last two especially blew me away.

Luke, it was nice meeting you briefly while following Boyd and everyone to try to find our seats haha.

a-HA! So it was YOU! How is "tragedienne" hard to say? I'd be more embarrassed to say "pzykotic" Razz

And yeah, it was pretty incredible, Just Like We Do was so so incredible sounding with the orchestral and chorus backing. Wow.

And I really need to hear more of the girl that sang Oh Suzanna, Mariah McManus, her voice was incredible.

cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

Oh man. I need video. pronto. maintenant. ici. now. (I'm freaking out.) Ack!
alinicole
Sea Post King

pzykotic wrote:
tragedienne wrote:

a-HA! So it was YOU! How is "tragedienne" hard to say? I'd be more embarrassed to say "pzykotic" Razz

And yeah, it was pretty incredible, Just Like We Do was so so incredible sounding with the orchestral and chorus backing. Wow.

And I really need to hear more of the girl that sang Oh Suzanna, Mariah McManus, her voice was incredible.

Hahaha

Well I've heard the word pronounced like 3 different ways so I don't want to say it then have it end up being the wrong way. I'm just used to typing it not saying it. Laughing

norad
Vintage Newbie

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tragedienne

They even say it for you. Smile And I guessed right! Laughing
alinicole
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:

I can't listen to it right now but I'll take a lucky guess and say it's probably the exact opposite of how I say it in my head. I suck and pick weird words for usernames. Ah well. Razz

johnip
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:

rhymes with comedian? lol that just sounds weird to me.

Vintage Newbie

Yeah the concert was incredible. I can't even put into words how amazing it was to witness. I wish everyone could have been there, it was truly a unique and wonderful experience. I hope it's on video soon, because I want to watch it again and I want all of you to see it as well. One really cool part was the cutest little 10 year old girl I have ever seen (except for my cousin) came out at the end of Combinations to play the trumpet part. She sounded really good and she's only been playing for a couple years, and just started rehearsing for this part a week ago. Her dad played trumpet for the orchestra.

During intermission I was waking up the isle to the lobby area and Boyd was walking down and he recognized me and gave me one of those fist to the shoulder taps as he walked by. That was cool, haha.

After the show my friend and I got to talk with most of the band for a bit, got a picture, etc. Darren from Mute Math was there (Stacy's __________) so I talked to him for a while. He's a really cool dude. He said him and Weston might do some kind of collaboration video sometime, not sure if he was serious, though, because he was talking about ninjas and stuff.

Bauhaus was cool, too. I got there about 20 minutes late, and like Nightmare said it was packed because it was a small area everyone was standing in, right in the way of a lot of things. The employees were definitely slightly annoyed, haha. I talked to Boyd and Chauntelle, and they both actually remembered my friend and I from that last time we saw them back in May. Then after the band left I was talking to one of the fans and it turned out to be Nightmare. Cool

Funniest part of the day was when we were standing outside the Hall and a lady thought my friend was Garron (I guess he does kind of look like him) and she went up to him and hugged him and said "I love your band, your family is so talented!" We didn't know what to say so we just kind of smiled and nodded and walked away... then she happened to be sitting next to us at the concert. Laughing She said after we left her son told her that it wasn't Garron. Laughing

And... I think that's it. It was a great day. Oh, and the non-Eisley parts of the concert were also incredible. The whole show was just amazing.
ks1990
Lost at Forum

omg, I seriously need to see videos of it. Now. I was kinda hoping they'd play ICBT4U, but Just Like We Do, must have been prett darn amazing.
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

Next time they should probably play with the UNH Symphony. Very Happy

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
greatbeyond
Sea Post King

I don't really have much to add. My camera is not very cool and I took a photo of the stage before the show and was quietly informed by the usher that I could not use flash. It retrospect, that is probably common knowledge that blinding an orchestra with a flash camera does not bode well.

So I attempted to take one photo when Chauntelle, Stacy, and Sherri did "Oh Susanna" harmonies early on in the show. This is the terrible outcome (they are the blur in the middle) and only shows why I didn't take any more photos.

Finally for the first time since 2003 I got a full band photo (as in not me and individual members). And this was my first time meeting Garron. I didn't get that chance at the Seattle show last May. Boyd was gracious enough to snap these for me.

I <3 Eisley. Very Happy

EDIT - Photo links for those having trouble viewing: Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Last edited by greatbeyond on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>