Laughing City
gRegor
the gEek

I've only seen them twice, so I'd have to say their set at C-stone New Band Showcase last summer. I was duly impressed.
abductee
Laughing Citizen

well, for now.. my favorite show will probably be the one at the shoreline..

.. hmm when I see 'em that is...

so, hrrm, hopefully it's good, (i've got no doubt that it will be good, but a little hope doesn't hurt right? heh Wink )

at anyrate..

hmm yes, eisley, cool, i wanna see 'em..

damn .. I really wanna write some more songs.. monday.. hrrm, monday's gonna be the song-writing fest for me hehe.. blahbity blah blah blah..

Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1640 | Location: California....
BK
Laughing Citizen

I've only seen them once, so I'd have to say that "show" they did at the Music Industry Conference. Looks like I'll be at both the May 10th and 11th shows though.
Sea Post King

i don't know that i have one favorite or most fun show...playing at the rev room with all of our friends is always super fun...and all the mosslake shows.

My dumb photos for fun.
http://flickr.com/photos/photostoshare1/
A bit of the art...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sherrisink/
Older art...
http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v68/slitgizzard/ArtWork/
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

I'd have to agree with this girl sherri; the mosslake shows are my favorite too. Though, I've only been to one show (not counting coldplay.. cause that was different) and that happened to be a mosslake show at dans silverleaf. Boyd announced the sound there was awful. He was wrong as always. It was very great!
jbudzz
Sea Post King

Dallas with coldplay was the coolest ...rock and roll hoochie mamma
boyd
Eisleyoid

hi neverland. well, the sound did suck. but...that's ok. if you didn't think so. I know I'm critical on sound..always dawgin' it. But our sound troubles are ending with Matt Bishop. Hopefully you can sample some of this beauty at the Tea Room show....(shhh...actually the one of the main purposes of these back to back shows is so the new sound/production crew can do a dry run...learn, grow, do their magic, get ready for Coldplay tour)

later, nevah-land.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Stephen
Sea Post King

instore at the scroll in tyler ( just kidding).....

probably the curtain club in deep elum a couple of months back. it was fun to be perched upstairs
Joined: 12 Feb 2003 | Posts: 259 | Location: athens, grand prairie, denton.... im a nomad

I would also have to say that my favorite show was all the ones they got to do at Cornerstone. Personally, I liked the one on the Impromptu stage I think it was. I think they only did a short set but there were loads of people there who were super impressed. You guys stole my hearts there!! I look forward to seeing you with Coldplay. I am traveling to Cleveland to see ya'll cuz you're coming nowhere near Nashville and plus the Coldplay show here sold out in like 30 minutes. So it'll be dually super fun! lots of love! Very Happy
-
Amy
 |  | 
boyd
Eisleyoid

who's Amy?

hey Amy. Cornerstone....what memories. too much fun...I wanna go back.
but alas, we aren't. dern. That was a fun show...which one, the opening night at 10:00? or the last night of the festival at 10:00? Did you see them on the new band showcase stage? I thought the girls were going to faint or die of heat exhaustion. It was unbearable in that hot air balloon. I ran sound...the closer you got to the top of the tent, the hotter.

We're leaving so, I won't be able to check this post for a week perhaps...

boydout

seefoamgreen
Sea Post King

i would say my fav. was with rock and roll worship circus at the door in dallas. then there was one back in like june @ living waters with do5..those were nice.

http://www.myspace.com/tiffinycostello
Amy
Sea Post King

Me---I'm AMy....just i forgot to sign in....Yeah i did see them on the showcase......Car 27 played after them and that is who I came with. I felt a little bad because Moss eisley (at the time) was umm... Shocked .err....kind of...ummm....better.....and i um.....liked them....um er....a whole whole lot.....but ya know. Well hope you have fun on your excursion.
dpwrchick
Sea Post King

Pick a fav show???
well that is super hard, because i swear I am reamazed every single tim ethey play... I remeber back when we use to travel out to tyler to see Seven Channels, or Animal Couch, and all these adoarable blond girls were walking around, and they were so pretty and so cool looking... i had no idea who they even were. and then after we did meet the Duprees, and had heard people mention the Towheads, i still had no clue that they were one in the same.. Then one night someone played Brewtones, and we were there late, and the Duprees were practicing for church, and it was seriously the most amazing thing i had ever seen . All these adorable kids grabbed their instruments, and their mom ( I knew them all at this point) was leading worship, and I was spell bound.. it was sooo pretty.
I also remeber a very early show at the Door. Back when they did Pretender.. and they were all so scared and quiet... we were all just amazed, and knew then that they were destined for greatness!!!
But i guess my fave experience was indeed Cornerstone... not the show where the band almost died from heat exhaustion, but the one late at night. while Sixpence was on main stage, and the whole band expected to be playing for pretty much no one, but there was a large amount of people, and it was just a priceless moment! I just felt so proud to even be able to say that I knew them! it was so great... I love to watch peoples expressions, and see them find that innocence, that they lost somewhere. A little dose of Eisley and they somehow, get just a bit of that back.
Another fave would be at the Curtain, there was this big mean looking guy up by the stage... you expect this guy to listen to death metal... and when the band starts, he looked at his friend and said "It's so pretty!" haha seriously priceless moment!!!
So I can't really choose one fave, but those are some highlights I do remeber... Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
boyd
Eisleyoid

ahwww.... l

ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

i was going to post my favorite show but now it just seems blasphemous... Crying or Very sad

i need a hug...

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>