Laughing City

What do you find most embarrassing about dozing off in school?
When you get caught catching yourself nod off with that startled shudder.
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
When you start to wheeze or snore
34%
 34%  [ 10 ]
When you wakes up with a strand of drool bonding you to wherever you laid your head
34%
 34%  [ 10 ]
When a teacher notices and slowly walks over to your location & lectures as LOUDLY AS POSSIBLE directly in front of you until they wake up
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Being woken up by someone coming in for the next class, or a custodian locking up.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 29

lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

wilsmith wrote:
lookingXglass wrote:
Cendrillon wrote:
Quote:
I hate it when you think you're still awake and you're asleep

Ah, have you ever had sleep paralysis? Like, you feel conscious and you want to get up and move but you are simply incapable? And you can hear the people around you but you can't say anything like, "help I'm dying, please wake me up"

I have those dreams where you feel like you're awake, but you're asleep and you can barely move and you see someone walk up to your bed. For me it's a black figure, but it usually varies by person. It's scary! But I figured out i have to sit up or I'll get this feeling like it's sucking my life out which may have to do with my fan being on super high lol

You realize that was post 666 for you right??? And that is a very disquieting dream scenario. I've had scary ones, but I like to block them out and make myself forget, unless they serve to make me more cautious and decent.

*cues up Hitchcock incidental music and heads for exit very discretely*

I realized it like 10 minutes later, but I've since ruined it lol

I used to get the dream like every night though. It may have had to do with the fact I am the anxious type and I was always scared of the dark...I was in elementary school at the time. It's stopped though so that's nice.

I'm always interested in what type of figures people see when they have this kind of dream because I heard in a documentary that most people have had it but see different figures like aliens!...I would be really creeped out if I saw an alien in this kind of dream...

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I've had lucid dreams, but not that specific scenario. I have had dreams where I was running and hiding from invading soldiers, and in one case, aliens though, where the majority of the dream is spent petrified hoping to not be discovered and waking up at just that moment Shocked

It's pretty humbling, unless you go totally lucid and start changing the scenario, which i could do at one point, but then fell out of practice. Sometimes I'd try to take over cause I was lucid and the whole dream would just fall apart into a vague inconsistent blah where nothing went right or together, a total waste.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

I don't remember if I've ever had a totally lucid dream. i usually don't remember my dreams unless they are bad or sad, like last night!!!

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
Lost Account 14083
Sea Post King

i fell asleep in math a couple of times. i woke up once with drool all over my desk and in my mathbook. it was odd because i am not a drooler. and luckily i sat in the back corner so no one noticed.