Laughing City
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
Charl!3 wrote:
skylitveil wrote:
why is everything happening next week? i would so go but i have stupid jury duty. Mad

I hate jury duty!

i just had it the other week.
luckily i didn't get picked for the child molestation case and ours was pretty quick.

i guess i'm not meant to see Eisley. for weekends on end i don't have anything to do and the one weekend i do they play. Crying or Very sad

Man, what's with TX and jury duty??? (I know, the first person is from CA, but still...)

I know TX DOC "puts down" an above average # of offenders (we're hoping they were all legit convictions), so is that a byproduct, Jury duty in droves? I mean, what are the chances?? I can only imagine if it's a local case in a small town there's more of a chance, but really though?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Nothing quite like fryin' up some offenders.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
bigideas wrote:
Charl!3 wrote:
skylitveil wrote:
why is everything happening next week? i would so go but i have stupid jury duty. Mad

I hate jury duty!

luckily i didn't get picked for the child molestation case and ours was pretty quick.

i guess i'm not meant to see Eisley. for weekends on end i don't have anything to do and the one weekend i do they play. Crying or Very sad

Man, what's with TX and jury duty??? (I know, the first person is from CA, but still...)

I know TX DOC "puts down" an above average # of offenders (we're hoping they were all legit convictions), so is that a byproduct, Jury duty in droves? I mean, what are the chances?? I can only imagine if it's a local case in a small town there's more of a chance, but really though?

i would be really scared to be tried around here.

i keep reading in all the papers about how people are cleared by DNA after serving 30 years - convictions on faulty eye witness testimony.

i'll say this - the jury i served on, i would not want to be tried by them. everyone already had their opinions made up (more or less the "alpha males" spoke up and everyone just went on with them) and weren't really about actually talking about it much. if i didn't speak up some i don't think they would have even requested looking over the evidence.

if i get selected again i'll speak up when they're elminating jurors because i just don't like the idea of judging people (which was actually something they asked).

Lost Account 14083
Sea Post King

bigideas wrote:
Charl!3 wrote:
skylitveil wrote:

I hate jury duty!

it is a horrible fate that you and i both share.
Lost Account 14083
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
bigideas wrote:
Charl!3 wrote:
skylitveil wrote:

I hate jury duty!

thats the great thing about california, if you say you believe in the death penalty, they wont choose you to be a juror and then they will just send you home.

that is my plan.
mermaidentwinedshrubbery
Sea Post King

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I might come. Smile
Joined: 10 Jun 2005 | Posts: 192 | Location: Castle Rock, CO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

That's what she...nevermind.
johnip
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
That's what she...nevermind.

Laughing

Sea Post King

skylitveil wrote:
wilsmith wrote:
bigideas wrote:
Charl!3 wrote:
skylitveil wrote:

I hate jury duty!

thats the great thing about california, if you say you believe in the death penalty, they wont choose you to be a juror and then they will just send you home.

that is my plan.

If i actually get picked for a jury i'm gonna try that. of course the last couple of times i just had to go downtown and sit there for a couple hours.

Joined: 20 Dec 2003 | Posts: 380 | Location: San Francisco, Ca
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

So ... I just might be there after all.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

thismirage wrote:
skylitveil wrote:
wilsmith wrote:
bigideas wrote:
Charl!3 wrote:
skylitveil wrote:

I hate jury duty!

that is my plan.

If i actually get picked for a jury i'm gonna try that. of course the last couple of times i just had to go downtown and sit there for a couple hours.

actually i think this is how i got out of the child molestation case:

out of the random number picking system i was number 1!
then the defense attorney addressed certain jury candidates and he made me stand up for one question something along the lines of:

"do you think a child would ever make up these allegations?"

i just replied with:

"i wouldn't think so...i guess."

that probably made them cross me off.

re: jamie

that's pretty cool.

the Cinematic Titanic thing is Saturday in Dallas and i assume we'll leave Saturday morn/afternoon so maybe i can make it after all.

Last edited by bigideas on Sat May 30, 2009 9:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

no offense intended but could you guys take the jury duty talk to another thread?
we need this to be about the Acoustic show.
thanks!
kd Smile
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
no offense intended but could you guys take the jury duty talk to another thread?
thanks!
kd Smile

i can live with that. Wink

note to Kim: you may be the only one to read my typo post, so just to make clear - i would NOT think a child would just make that stuff up under normal circumstances. i left the "n't" out.

Lost Account 14083
Sea Post King

Kimbrtones wrote:
thanks!
kd Smile

sorry, it wasnt my intension to change the topic of this thread!

yay, eisley acoustic show!
i am envious of all going.
*envious glare*
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

skylitveil wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
thanks!
kd Smile

sorry, it wasnt my intension to change the topic of this thread!

yay, eisley acoustic show!
i am envious of all going.
*envious glare*

I'm the one who raised the question... so my bad too, snowball effect contributor right here Embarassed

Won't be traveling for the show, or much anything looking at gas prices, but it seems Brewtones is a great place for amateur videographers, so hopefully we'll get some good clips, maybe fodder for a webisode???

We know that least two songs lend themselves to the spare arrangements of an acoustic set: Be Kind and Ambulance, it would be nice to get a listen to the letter and another take of the prior in a more controlled environment.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area