Laughing City
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Congratulations wrote:
Cendrillon wrote:
But now, at the present moment, where I'm happy with the choice I made for college, and I'm graduating high school today, I'm content to pull back and enjoy the moment. For like, the first time in my life.

Congratulations, that's a big milestone you're hitting today. Have fun relaxing and taking it all in. Smile

Yeah, I second Congratulations congratulations. Wink <- cause I'm giving myself a pat on the back for the obvious cleverness) Cool <- cause that makes me cool Razz

I forgot who got into which schools, but I know the class of 2010 is kicking butt as far as getting into the schools they applied to (as far as the LC). That's awesome.

And as far as seeing past your nose... It's a little more subtle than I let on. For me, it has to do with understand the depth and ramifications of choices that goes beyond their impact on your immediate life of progressive steps.

In my case the Financial Aid process was a good example:

Me to Admissions Counselor then: Oh, I need financial aid to get into school? Where do I sign? What's a promissary note? So as long as I have 12 credit hours I get full aid and can live on campus? Okay, I'll do that.

Results: 4.25 years of undergrad at Truman, 118 credit hours, 0 degrees 21k in debt for student loans.

Me 7 years later, to myself: So, if I take the excess unsubsidized loan at 2.85% and pay off my credit cards that are at 16.99% or more, and then consolidate my previous loans at the current rates I can save 1000s of dollars over the next 20 years and improve my credit score so I can buy a car and a house in the next 5-7 years? Okay, I'll do that.

Results: 3 charge accounts paid off, a couple of Guitars, a nice amp, fresh start on my credit history. Undergrad from UM- St. Louis ultimately leading to me finding this job I have, and ultimately:
5 years later car.
7 years later house (along with 2-3k in down-payment assistance because I'd improved my debt-to-income ratio over the years and 10k in tax credits for being a 1st time home buyer)

Moral, it pays to put off today, so you can prosper in the future.

I say, apply that logic to Eisley and the hold off on the record makes perfect sense. I think it's good that Sherri can Enjoy her marriage for a good chunk of time before having all the globe trotting cross country band commitments. Same goes for Chauntelle, Weston, and Stacy, sort of, since the deal ain't done, but even though it's a lock. All I mean is, She got her tat sans all that label mess, in the midst of a healthy and happy home life. Decisions made at times like those are seldom regrets.

If anything the size of that one lets you know how good things are for her Exclamation Very Happy She could have gotten a big old Tat in 07' that said "Mrs. What's His Name from the band with the REALLY Nasally Singer." Aren't you glad she waited??? Razz

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

Nowhere Man wrote:
Cute pic of her getting tattooed:

Off topic, and sort of a weird coincidence that I ran into this other picture today:

That's from a performance at Good Records a couple years back. Glad to know she's cool with hanging onto what she's got! (clothes-wise)

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Laughing Wow, I never would have noticed that. Awesome.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Haha, nice eye!
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

TheAntrider wrote:
Laughing Wow, I never would have noticed that. Awesome.

That is because, Jamie, you are a boy. Cool

happyface
Sea Post King

I... Confused
It's her decision...

But the art is awesome!
Still, I wouldn't get any tatts with my husband's name.
Joined: 23 Aug 2009 | Posts: 251 | Location: The Gold City, Puerto Rico
happyface
Sea Post King

As far as I'm concerned (previously) I do not know Eisley as much as I thought I did. Embarassed Crying or Very sad
Joined: 23 Aug 2009 | Posts: 251 | Location: The Gold City, Puerto Rico
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

happyface wrote:
As far as I'm concerned (previously) I do not know Eisley as much as I thought I did. Embarassed Crying or Very sad

You know the band's music, and that's really all that should concern you. They haven't done anything as people to let you down--there's no reason to be disappointed or sad.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ync
Golly, Poster

i love the drawing but i'm still not entirely sure about the tattoo/placement/size

i think maybe it's because i don't want a tattoo and if i had to have something permanently that large on the side of my arm i would go insane

but as long as she's happy Smile

now what i really want to know is if she has a copy of the original drawing laying around that she could put online

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

ync wrote:
now what i really want to know is if she has a copy of the original drawing laying around that she could put online

YES.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I was thinking about that too. I was thinking that if she sold it as a print it would probably do REALLY well. Then I thought to myself " If I were her, I would keep this one special, it's on her body, so she should keep it to herself, make it special and hers alone."

That's just me. I don't have any tatts, but designed a couple for some friends when I was in college that they ended up getting. One was a tribal arm band Razz I think the meaningless of those inspired full sleeves for a lot of people just to obscure the one trending tatt they got to start, or not.

Wow, from sentimental to curt and judgmental. I need more sleep.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
I think it looks nice. If she likes it, then that is what matters.

I agree! I don't know that I'd ever get one myself, but it's a beautiful drawing by Sherri, and it looks great on her...

You go, Sherri! Very Happy

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
I was thinking about that too. I was thinking that if she sold it as a print it would probably do REALLY well. Then I thought to myself " If I were her, I would keep this one special, it's on her body, so she should keep it to herself, make it special and hers alone."

That's just me.

Not just you. If in her shoes I'd have that template destroyed, don't have any tatts but figure the worst thing to happen if I had one would be to encounter someone with the exact same one, and I'd experience a Hayley moment.

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

anyone know the dimensions - that looks huge, especially on a tee-niny girl! Laughing
gundamit
Golly, Poster

I would love to hear the entire back story about the tattoo. Why this one was selected from all the drawings Sherri has done over the years. If the fact so many of her fans sporting her drawings on their own bodies inspired her at all. How she selected the tattoo artist to do the deed. Whether the level of detail of the drawing dictated to some degree the size of the tattoo itself. 1:1 ratio from the original drawing?

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>