46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
They are catchy. I like them a bit
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 15

happyface
Sea Post King

So people are right on this techno-shuffling-i'm-sexy-and-I-know-it stuff. I must admit they are very sticky, but after a while I just think they are just a bit exxagerated. And all of their songs sound very alike. Still, I sort of think that their personality style is pretty awesome. What your opinion on them?
Joined: 23 Aug 2009 | Posts: 251 | Location: The Gold City, Puerto Rico
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I played PartyRock Anthem for the dance at my grade school and the kids knew it and loved it. It's basically the Black eyed peas if Will I Am quit. Empty goofy fun with a poorly chosen name but it makes sense that really immature rappers would appeal to immature preteens i work with and people that are playful or young at heart.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Forgot to umention that when i was in college i used to like this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUyr-8DQf3I and found out a few months back that Red Foo was in LMFAO. Kinda funny to me along with Justin Warfield, a hippie rapper back in the day, being in She Wants Revenge.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
oathmeal
Sea Post King

Didn't catch this thread until just now. I'm really liking these guys right now. For some reason I'm in a pop mood. It's basically all I've been listening to, which is kind of ironic because I used to completely despise it. I've even been getting into some rap lately.
boone
Vintage Newbie

They kind of seem like yuppie d-bags trying to capitalize on the circa '05 uber-ironic hipster scene hiding behind the half-hearted safety of being a "joke band." They strike me as being an empty shell that is supposed to go around an empty shell. Their music might be catchy, but so is syphilis.

(Also, they are Berry Gordy's son and grandson? That means that the older one is Rockwell's brother...I prefer Rockwell)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

boone wrote:
(Also, they are Berry Gordy's son and grandson? That means that the older one is Rockwell's brother...I prefer Rockwell)

Props for the Rockwell mention. That's one of the dopest hooks Michael ever song, and I wish that brief period of New Romantic influenced creepy R&B continued, MJ would have been so far ahead of the game, he could have out-Bjorked Bjork nearly a decade ahead of time.

As far as Party Rockin' that's just Old School Rapping (early 80s old school, not mid 90s like BET seems to think). Lyrics that are just goofy signifying, for the sake of getting people to dance and rap along. It's self-consciously tongue in cheek, but it's been something "hardcore hip hop heads" and gangsta rappers have embraced for a long long time, cause the truth is, it moves units, and at some point most rappers remember the old days when everybody was trying to pop-lock and do the worm, and you need music to do that to. It's hard to pull off and not get called soft or whack, but after a while you get old enough where you just say screw it and let your guard down and have fun.

Def Squad - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvre1uEgyCg Rapper's Delight
Snoop Dogg - http://youtu.be/4eAYTYDqv2M Lodi Dodi
Common - http://youtu.be/zo7FpI8MmmE Universal Mind Control
Outkast - http://youtu.be/fVyVIsvQoaE Bombs Over Bagdad

I only bring it up cause I remember when Red Foo was trying to make it as a serious rapper (the link from before) and QD3 (Quincy Jones III) was a pretty big producer on the West Coast before Tupac died, so the Motown music legacy thing isn't reserved to the Gordys.

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

LMFAO are fun. Whatever. My kids like it. Two of the fifty or so songs my daughter has purchased are from them. Yes, as Wil said, unfortunate name... Hopefully my 9 year old hasn't been told what it stands for.

But I like the following, which has a little fun with it all, from a Packer's perspective... Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFm3FiVzhhk

boone wrote:

Have to admit I liked that song back in the day.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I thought they were an abomination until I realized they seem very aware of their vapidness. Now I'm up and down wit them, but mostly don't care. Laughing

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

I do Zumba to them, haha...so they serve a purpose for me.