no
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

inorbit wrote:
Quote:
I started the say listening to "Walk the Dinosaur" by Was (Not Was)

You're not that old are you Will?

And my Pandora station (not an Eisley based one) played Sucre's hiding out and The Valley in sequence. So some of that.

And old ctts some... because middle aged dad ennui I guess.

1. You caught me before I could replace say with day, as it was meant to read.

2. I am very much that old, but also thank TMZ for a joke they did sometime a decade or more ago when they caught Arnold Schwarzenegger out for a stroll going commando and set it to that song. Things you can't unsee.

3. I ended up thinking of the song because Ryan Adam's cover of Neutron Dance was on my brain, and I guess that was Don Was penned tune. Hearing Ryan do it really brought home the Howlin Wolf influence on the vocal, well, that iconic Howl I would have never recognized as a kid cause I didn't know jack about Howlin Wolf and the Pointer Sisters were just odd enough to be an R and B group that went pop. But RA made me appreciate the original all the more. It was funny in retrospect when found out that was Don Was's group, which explains the name, but I only learned that because of other musicians talking him up in the 90s from that LA singer songwriter scene.

And I have been listening to ladymooncries aka Eva from SHEL on IG on Tuesdays, and Craig Wedren from Shudder To think on IG daily doing some very soothing vocal layering meditation music live.

Oh, the most recent Childish Gambino album is pretty good. A take on the blend of New Romantic, synth pop, and 80s R and B that works well.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area