Laughing City
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

And sincere condolences to Boyd, Dupree kids, and their families.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Last time I came here in 2022, it was around the time Room Noises got re-released to vinyl and then I found out Kim had both legs amputated. Now I came here because Combinations got released on vinyl and find out Kim passed.

I wish the family was doing more music. Maybe they are constantly doing music still, but they don't seem to be releasing albums, unless I am missing stuff.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

The first thing that led me to engage with this forum as a reader was learning about Kim's health issues that leading several family members to leave Hollywood during the early stages of recording Room Noises. It struck some very deep nerves with me because of similar familial experiences.

"Lights Out" is an important song for that reason. The sentiment I conveyed from that song, in the moment it was shared with us was no different than my wishes for my own ailing loved ones. I don't want anyone to depart from this life, or anyone who survives them to be broken-hearted. And yet we grieve because we love. Humbled by life, I understand that sometimes the peace of passing on is the natural resolution to our bodies succumbing to nature in a myriad of ways. It's overwhelming and stultifying to wrap my head around or put words to. I just feel it.

Some of us here come from traditional and healthy families, some from dysfunctional ones, but I'm pretty sure we all recognized we were fans of a exceptionally loving family. A lot of us have lost parents in the last few years, and I know, having experienced that myself, I dreaded it for everyone else. It's an empathy someone like me couldn't grasp without seeing it demonstrated by people with good hearts. That bit about how "They will know me through how you love one another..." in the gospels... whether someone believes in the spiritual context that birthed it, that ideal is a fundamental truth.

Thank you all for sharing an example of what love, devotion, and perseverance looks like for us to learn from, and grow into in our own ways. The gravity of this moment merits more words and wisdom than I could ever muster.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Oh dang, what sad news to see. Sad

I knew she was having some health problems a few years ago, but didn't know the extent until now. I never met her, but it's obvious from reading things throughout the years that she was a great woman full of love. Condolences to the family.

I remember seeing her post on the forum from time to time in the old days, often giving motherly advice haha. I always thought how cool of a place this was that even my favorite band's mom was posting stuff!

One that sticks out in my mind was a post someone made freaking out about waking up with some sort of black fuzz all over their tongue. After lots of speculating by folks, Kim popped in, asked a question or two, and had the mystery solved. No doubt due to a similar situation in the DuPree household. Turned out that they had taken Pepto Bismol after eating some eggs and it reacted with the sulfur and made the black stuff and not some horrible fungus. Mr. Green

Vintage Newbie

I totally remember that and it was one of the first things that came to mind. There was also a time when someone said something negative jn the press from another band and we all went in on then. I remember her chiming in with some spirited quips. It was so relatable.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
StuartBuck
Sea Post King

So sorry to hear the news. Much love to all the family.

I vaguely remembered this, and sure enough, she did message me back in 2009. Lots of health problems even then.

Quote:
OMG! Are you the one that sent us the check right after my surgery?
I lost the envelope that had your return address and I had wanted to tell you how much it meant to us.
Thank you, so so much!

Health wise? Not so good. I have continued to have high blood pressure, pain down both my arms, irregular heartbeat, and chest pressure.
It's very scary 'cause I feel like they didn't really care to take care of all that was going on in my heart problems because I do not have insurance any more...
So, I guess I just have to wait till I feel the physical emergency that would warrant me going to the emergency room again, and hope for the best again? Sucks!
The doctor that placed the recent stint did it so fast I almost did not have time to blink.
He then told me that my "first two stints were now 70% blocked but that they were not going to deal with those at that time".
Then, the Diabetes (Type 2 btw), has added much to what I have to try and deal with. I'm not doing that great at trying to keep the numbers down.
To top it off, my blood pressure meds cause chemical depression, so it's a vicious circle that I deal with in trying to stay alive...and that is the brutal truth of what I deal with on a daily basis.
I do try though, and my life right now is mixed with great joy all around me with the double wedding that we are planning.
Chauntelle has finally found a great guy, and Weston and Jessica have had more patient than any couple I have ever seen, so we are all so happy for the upcoming January event.
Again...thank you so much for your support and concern.
BTW have we met? Let me know!
Thanks again,
kd
Such a good person!

And man, I hope they never pull the plug on this message board -- there's so much history here going back 15+ years!

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

This is sad news.
having lost a parent myself i can imagine how sad the family feels.
Especially Boyd.

I have a photo of Kim and I from my very first eisley show way back in 2005. I took it with a disposable camera!

I will have to find a way to post it.
She was always loving and kind> I hope she passed peacefully knowing she did a wonderful job raising her amazing children that have touched many lives.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
bruceleedisciple
Golly, Poster

RIP Kim

www.myspace.com/georgeproject

www.purevolume.com/jesusworshiper
Joined: 02 Sep 2005 | Posts: 674 | Location: los angeles california
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger