Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Jared x wrote:
Shadow Mouse wrote:
I highly doubt it will be more break up songs. That part of their life is over.

Over, but not forgotten. Brand New still sings songs about Sherri. Wink
Not really. He changed the lyrics to Bought a Bride, which was originally about Sherri and, well, take a guess. Never mentioned her again.
Jared x
Lost at Forum

tahruh wrote:
Jared x wrote:
Shadow Mouse wrote:
I highly doubt it will be more break up songs. That part of their life is over.

Over, but not forgotten. Brand New still sings songs about Sherri. Wink
Not really. He changed the lyrics to Bought a Bride, which was originally about Sherri and, well, take a guess. Never mentioned her again.

Oh, really? Haha. I guess I never heard the final version.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

So I guess none of us bothered to read the official press release on the main page for this gem:

eisley press machine wrote:
The EP will feature more of Eisley’s signature sound of airy dreaminess delicately intertwined with breathtaking vocals, intricate, rich guitar work and whimsical lyrics.

Freeman elaborates, “Their music has always had a great sense of place, and I wish every fan could see the house they grew up in because it tells a great story. The art on the walls, the paint colors, the antique signs and paintings...their songs tie into all of that, and these little bits and pieces of their childhood home found their way into their music and creative sensibilities in one form or another. Sherri's house, where we’re recording right now, is a continuation of that. Her personality - and that of her husband, Max - infuses every detail of the house.”

DuPree-Bemis adds, “This is the first time we've ever recorded a real project in our homes, we’re really excited. Being able to do this in the comfort of our own home is going to make the project really beautiful because everyone feels so relaxed.”

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Shadow Mouse
Sea Post King

I read it but I didn't post it because it didn't strike me as newsworthy.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Well with all this speculation about will they go back to old school eisley, will the songs be about break ups etc I read through it and realized it pretty much answered a lot of that speculation already. That's why I posted it. That is all.

I also went back and bolded what I felt were key lines.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Shadow Mouse
Sea Post King

I didn't even notice the 'whimsical lyrics' part. Embarassed

I. Can. Not. Wait. Very Happy This is going to blow us away, I just know it.
andyfreeman
Sea Post King

[quote="bigideas"]Andy - to give us an idea of what you strive for sonically while recording, what are some of your favorite albums as far as how they were recorded?[/

Tom Petty's Wildflowers is probably the best engineered record ever, but that style is quite different than Eisley's. But that record is always a great reference for high quality sound that still feels natural and personal. I like records where you can hear all the personalities involved.

As for references for this record, well, we pulled out OK Computer to reference some guitar tones today. I don't want to give away any more than that. Razz

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

[quote="andyfreeman"]
bigideas wrote:
Andy - to give us an idea of what you strive for sonically while recording, what are some of your favorite albums as far as how they were recorded?[/
quote]

Tom Petty's Wildflowers is probably the best engineered record ever, but that style is quite different than Eisley's. But that record is always a great reference for high quality sound that still feels natural and personal. I like records where you can hear all the personalities involved.

As for references for this record, well, we pulled out OK Computer to reference some guitar tones today. I don't want to give away any more than that. Razz

I agree about Wildflowers. Rubin recorded it like real people recording real instruments in a real space to me, if that makes sense. I got it when it came out and I didn't really think about music then, but I think that 'realness' keeps it relevant even today. OKC is my favorite album, so I like where you're headed with this!

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

this discussion of Wildflowers has perked me up. Also in agreement about that record... masterful, but then again, I would have to say the She's the One Soundtrack, Echo, and the Last DJ were too.

And yeah, I'm excited for this Eisley half-album.

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Teaser. Little tiny clip of a new song.

http://www.twitvid.com/3H7RV

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

that's cool and all, but i wanna hear the OK computer reference! hahaha. it sounds pretty though.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
andyfreeman
Sea Post King

"She's the One!" the great "lost" Petty album.... I came late to the party on that one, but it's amazing. Not to be missed.

The OKC reference, well, if I said one more word, I'd be spoiling things big time. I'm not going to go there. Very Happy

I had probably better not volunteer information, in fact, but if you have any questions I can safely answer I'll do my best. For those that want to know about sounds and recording stuff, I can certainly answer that.

-A

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

andyfreeman wrote:
"She's the One!" the great "lost" Petty album.... I came late to the party on that one, but it's amazing. Not to be missed.

The OKC reference, well, if I said one more word, I'd be spoiling things big time. I'm not going to go there. Very Happy

I had probably better not volunteer information, in fact, but if you have any questions I can safely answer I'll do my best. For those that want to know about sounds and recording stuff, I can certainly answer that.

-A

haha are we going experimental for this?

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

andyfreeman wrote:

-A

Tom Petty Riff: When he does Moody Folk tunes, Bluesy romps, or Stuff that sounds like George Harrison could have put it on All Things Must Pass his instincts are so freakin' uncanny. I remember the first time I heard Can't Stop the Sun on the pre-release tour for the Last DJ with Jackson Browne. Mr. Green

As long as they don't do and guitar + keyboard cover of Karma Police it's all good Wink

that 17 second snippet of "pretty" reminded me a lot of the mellow, near aquatic textures on OK Computer. That's what I remembered that album for, the ambiance. I actually was frustrated by it because Airbag gave me the impression it would be more kinetic. The definitely took a cue from the love they got for Fake Plastic Trees and turned the Bowie & Pink Floyd up a notch. It grew on me but I was one those guys stuck on the Bends back in 98'.

The Rhodes, it just MAKES any track it's on. SO LUSH. TONE TONE TONE. It just washes through you like those soul taking Alien ghosts in the Final Fantasy Movie... I'm expecting good things, honestly I'm guessing things will fall somewhere between Mr. Moon & Kind sonically Wink

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Eisley Tweet wrote:

Chauntelle is really reaching for the "nitty gritty" in guitars on this Ep. We all super applaud her!

Love

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>