Laughing City
Pixie
Sea Post King

ali wrote:
Pixie wrote:
and just in case you're interested...I drew this last night: It's called Blue... ...just random art I did last night...

that's really pretty!
Really? Thank you very much. Smile I'm so glad you like it. I made a few mistakes, but come on...have you tried erasing colored pencil?? Laughing Anyway...I was proud of it...so I thought, eh...I might as well share...
Joined: 20 Jun 2005 | Posts: 27 | Location: On the cliff of reality, about to fall into the hates of imagination
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Pixie wrote:
and just in case you're interested...I drew this last night: It's called Blue... ...just random art I did last night...

It is beautiful. I am interested in your influences. There seems to be some celtic or arabic motif in the background pattern. I love how you did her hair, and that little critter in the lower right.

JD

jaytee
Sea Post King

i'm quite glad to be from kansas... Very Happy
and especially thankful for Lawrence.

oh, and i think the oklahoma/texas thing is quite a bit like the kansas/missouri thing. no?

since 1979

jaytee wrote:
oh, and i think the oklahoma/texas thing is quite a bit like the kansas/missouri thing. no?

I don't know - what's the Kansas/Missouri thing? Laughing

Pixie
Sea Post King

jdstories wrote:
Pixie wrote:

It is beautiful. I am interested in your influences. There seems to be some celtic or arabic motif in the background pattern. I love how you did her hair, and that little critter in the lower right.

JD
Ah, thank you. I like when people appreciate my art. Love ^_^ Heh, thank you. the "critter" just kind of came to me, I decided he might as well make his way into the picture. I thank you for your compliment. I appreciate it greatly.
Joined: 20 Jun 2005 | Posts: 27 | Location: On the cliff of reality, about to fall into the hates of imagination
gRegor
the gEek

jdstories wrote:
gRegor, also they aren't allowed to book cities too close together. When I was talking to Boyd at the San Antonio show he said they wouldn't let them book in San Antonio and Austin because they didn't think both shows being so close together would each draw in enough support to make it worthwhile. Know what I mean?

JD

Yes, and firsthand, too. They said no to us booking Eisley in Indy on one of the off dates of the NFG tour. It fit perfectly between their Chicago show and Covington show (Indy is directly en route between the two).

But Indianapolis was considered part of the Covington show area, even though it's about 2 hours away (they said one, but I wasn't really going to argue with them... the answer would be "no" either way). Really lame, especially considering an Eisley-only show wouldn't have been very likely to take away ticket sales from the NFG show in Covington.