Laughing City
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
^Ha Laughing well I never!

I always assumed Grain Thrower (the LCer) was just making a reference to Iowa's agricultural tendencies ( I went to college 45 minutes from the MO-IA border and almost attend Iowa State, and have seen miles of fields to back this claim). Now his Icon (at least what it was, not sure what it is now) is explained.

Since I didn't frequent the board until 08' (03-07 were Trolleywood only years for me) I missed out I guess? I'm guessing Mr. Pine is in some art that's been used at some point. I'm sure SYP has it on their. Bout' time I got my facts straight eh Very Happy

You guys are talking like I'm not even here. Surprised Laughing

The truth is out. 'Memories' is the second song I ever heard by Eisley back in 2005. I'd seen the 'Telescope Eyes' video months before and liked it, but not until 'Memories' was I completely captivated and it still is one of my favorites. Probably always will be, there's something timeless about that magical song. So I thought dubbing myself as grain thrower was a fitting moniker for LC. Don't think that's HIS (animated guy's) official name, I just figured he who was throwing grain would be called grain throwah. Smile Plus as you observed I'm surrounded by the stuff in this agricultural neck of the country, so that works as a bonus tie-in. And yeah, unless you've seen that video, that picture probably looks like an undertaker or something.

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
here is mr pine

Yes, see obviously he's a Christmas tree disguised as Santa. Noone here has ever said "Merry mornings Mr. Pine!" to their tree on Christmas morn?

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX

<< prev | goto page