35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 17

plicka527
Golly, Poster

Which is better?
NEFARIOC
Sea Post King

xbox without a doubt....better graphics, better online capabilities, better games
Vintage Newbie

See other thread of same title for my opinion.

[/public disclaimer]
Joined: 04 Oct 2004 | Posts: 2264 | Location: Lost and Found
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

the title is misleading....
plicka527
Golly, Poster

Sorry i made a mistake (my first time w/ a poll question) this should be just Ps2 or x-box
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

NEFARIOC wrote:
xbox without a doubt....better graphics, better online capabilities, better games

yeah...i'm gonna have to disagree with you on that...
Its true that the Xbox has a more powerful processor, and i really won't challenge you on that, cos heck, it's true. But Sony created this little nugget called the Emotion Chip and stuck it in their PS2s. The texture mapping is way better than Xbox, and PS2 can fake better graphics, case in point Final Fantasy 10, the most beautiful game to ever exist (Though Halo 2 may challenge it)
At the end of the day you really can't tell which system has better graphics cos neither system uses any of their power! Time and time again i see games squandering Xbox's superior processor, it's really a shame, and it's part of the reason i didn't buy Xbox, as well as my rebuttle to your third statement, the games.
Good games on the Xbox include: Halo, Halo 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta.......i'm drawing a blank from here on in....
Exclusive Xbox titles from a variety of genres that are really appealing, are few and far between. RPGs are so poorly represented on the Xbox that i want to vomit when i think that Fable is their best shot. Sports are well represented, but all the EA games are on any platform, and the differences between them are so few you'd never notice. And racing games? Man, Gran Turismo 3 can only be surpassed by Gran Turismo 4, a PS2 exclusive might i add. Plus we PS2 owners get our hands on rockstar's acclaimed GTA series well before Xbox owners. And of course the main Final Fantasy games float my way, which to me means a lot.
Finally i'll have to take a stab at Xbox live. How much are you paying a month for that? 10 bucks? I threw down a flat 50 dollar fee for my HDD and i get to play resident evil, Madden, and Socom online with my buddies all i want for free. Now i will give you that Microsoft has really pushed online gaming hardcore and made it a priority on most games to have online features, unlike Sony, but man, Resident Evil Outbreak? Socom? Too good...too good...and free...

In conclusion, neither system is really BETTER than the other system, rather, each system fits each person specifically, but no one should stand up and claim that definitively Xbox has better graphics, i assure you they don't.

thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

N64. no contest. Very Happy
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

yeah, what andrew said.

plus if you take away the halo series xbox has no appeal.
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote:
yeah, what andrew said.

plus if you take away the halo series xbox has no appeal.

and if you take away the 'x' its just a box.
Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

The x-box has no soul.
NEFARIOC
Sea Post King

granpaturtle wrote:
NEFARIOC wrote:

yeah...i'm gonna have to disagree with you on that...
Its true that the Xbox has a more powerful processor, and i really won't challenge you on that, cos heck, it's true. But Sony created this little nugget called the Emotion Chip and stuck it in their PS2s. The texture mapping is way better than Xbox, and PS2 can fake better graphics, case in point Final Fantasy 10, the most beautiful game to ever exist (Though Halo 2 may challenge it)
At the end of the day you really can't tell which system has better graphics cos neither system uses any of their power! Time and time again i see games squandering Xbox's superior processor, it's really a shame, and it's part of the reason i didn't buy Xbox, as well as my rebuttle to your third statement, the games.
Good games on the Xbox include: Halo, Halo 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta.......i'm drawing a blank from here on in....
Exclusive Xbox titles from a variety of genres that are really appealing, are few and far between. RPGs are so poorly represented on the Xbox that i want to vomit when i think that Fable is their best shot. Sports are well represented, but all the EA games are on any platform, and the differences between them are so few you'd never notice. And racing games? Man, Gran Turismo 3 can only be surpassed by Gran Turismo 4, a PS2 exclusive might i add. Plus we PS2 owners get our hands on rockstar's acclaimed GTA series well before Xbox owners. And of course the main Final Fantasy games float my way, which to me means a lot.
Finally i'll have to take a stab at Xbox live. How much are you paying a month for that? 10 bucks? I threw down a flat 50 dollar fee for my HDD and i get to play resident evil, Madden, and Socom online with my buddies all i want for free. Now i will give you that Microsoft has really pushed online gaming hardcore and made it a priority on most games to have online features, unlike Sony, but man, Resident Evil Outbreak? Socom? Too good...too good...and free...

In conclusion, neither system is really BETTER than the other system, rather, each system fits each person specifically, but no one should stand up and claim that definitively Xbox has better graphics, i assure you they don't.

Grandpa, you picked a fight with the wrong man....I'm a professional gamer. I've been ranked in the top 100 of almost every online game in xbox live. I too used to be a PS2 fanboy. Those days are long gone since about 2 years ago. Your statement about "texture mapping" is so far from the truth I can't even explain. Have you been reading PS2 exclusive reviews or what? I guess you bought their propaganda. lol. Set up an Xbox and a Ps2 with the same game, and tell me the texture mapping is better! lol.

Panzer Dragoon Orta! You gotta be kidding me! That game is not even on the top 100 xbox titles. Try games like the entire Tom Clancy series.

The only graphics in FFX that came close to what Halo2 offers is their CG's and cutscenes....gameplay graphics are considered mediocre to what the xbox can provide. The game graphics that you might witness as "the same" in comparison are more than likely a port from the PS2 to the Xbox. Even then the graphics are optimized to fit the xbox better.

Granted the RPG's genre is lacking on the Xbox platform....however I have good news. Square-Enix (yeah, the makers of the final fantasy series) is planning on making games for the Nextbox. *edited for accuracy*

Sports games will be similar no matter what platform, because EA and Sega create the games in PS2 format then port then to Xbox. Racing titles on the otherhand, are everywhere in the xbox. Not only do they blow all the PS2 titles away(except for GT3), but almost all of them are Online playable. Games like PGR2, Toca2, Rallisport Challenge, Need for Speed Underground! But the most premiere of all racers is coming out in Feburary....it is Forza! Dubbed the Gran Turismo Killer! With Superior graphics and car customization. Definately keep an eye out for this one.

I pay 45 dollars a year for my subcription to xbox live and it's worth every penny. You see game developers don't catch everything that happens within the game code. These occurances are called glitches. Socom has been named the worst glitch ridden game to be ever made. But, there's nothing the consumer can do about it. On Xboxlive you can download a patch to fix whatever glitch there was. It's called online support and it's capable because of the xbox. Playing Socom competively is impossible; if you think socom is great......seriously man, crawl out of your box.

in conclusion: I used to love my PS2, had it for years....I once slandered my friends for buying an xbox. I couldn't be more wrong for that.

*plus you can download music and save it to your hardrive...not to mention, mod your xbox to turn it into an arcade emulator and not pay a dime for offline games. Just rent em, download em, done*

Last edited by NEFARIOC on Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
BenC
Golly, Poster

[cut and pasted from other thread]
i've never played an xbox before but I tried a Game Cube and it was pretty cool. I was thinking of getting one when my ps1 finally died on me but went with the PS2 cuz i could play my old PS1 games on them, i was familiar with the controller, and it can play dvds too.

Vintage Newbie

i like the real world... Confused
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

NEFARIOC wrote:

*plus you can download music and save it to your hardrive...not to mention, mod your xbox to turn it into an arcade emulator and not pay a dime for offline games. Just rent em, download em, done*

true....too true....

i'm not really the avid supporter of PS2 that i used to be (since i discovered the above stated fact actually) but i still see a library of games that kicks Xbox in the nuts.
Which reminds me. Dude you didn't like Orta? man...Panzer Dragoon is my shat...i almost bought an Xbox when i saw that...
And you do have a good point about patches...
hmmmmmmmmmm, Forza you say? never heard of it, i'll do some research.
Either way i'm not buying an Xbox, it's too close to the next generation of systems to be switching camps, besides, all i want to play is Halo 2 and my roomate has it, same goes for Resident Evil 4 and my other roomate's Gamecube. With me bringing GTA: San Andreas to the table, we make a pretty tight gaming apartment, hahaha.
I still say FFX has the best graphics i've seen, but then again, i really haven't played Halo 2 THAT much... you may be right, and there's a good chance that you just defeated me and brought me to the dark side come the next console war...who knows...if Sony and IBM can figure out the cellular microprocessor technology...i see stiff competition.

PS- what's this about Sqaure-Enix doing exclusive games for Xbox2? That sounds like a bad idea for business...link me?

Andrew
Lost at Forum

Heres a little tid bit. The xbox was the first actual computer that microsoft has ever made. Before the xbox they just stuck with software. Now Im not going to say anything mean about the ps2 but it dose have flaws. As dose the xbox. Its really all in the which one is older. And that would be ps2 they have to put more into games to keep them up. Xbox is just what I said a very fast very efficient computer And personally I think computers out do consoles 100x.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger