Laughing City
ComePartMental
Sea Post King

I don't think they've changed for the worse. Bands change. Some fans may feel isolated due to that fact . Oh well, it happens.

I've never watched Alias, is it good? I was always kinda a Buffy fan myself. Is it the same sorta deal in a way?

livejournal\\

//deviantart
Joined: 11 Sep 2004 | Posts: 99 | Location: Bridgewater, Ma
merry andrew
Sea Post King

Jonathan wrote:
i just want you all to know that i am addicted to Alias.

i hope this clears things up.

I hope you've seen every episode. I sure have.

I like how they released the season 3 box set before the 4th season started, that was nice.

APO! WHAT?!@
Joined: 22 Sep 2004 | Posts: 196 | Location: Redmond, WA, USA
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

I just got the CD and am listening to it now, and I partly agree with Rana. I am having a little trouble adjusting to the newer versions of some of our older favorites (getting easier by the minute). Also, the video did not have the same comfortable indie feel as the other ones. However, as someone wise once told me, it is selfish to expect them to stay small forever. Perhaps rockstar-ish is not the proper term, especially considering their down-to-earth personalities. Just older, as people usually become. It is sad when you join a major label and (probably) must give up some freedom, but maybe that is just a stepping stone for them. Even if that is not what happened, every band I have listened to over a long period of time has changed. Either you like the changes and stick around, or you walk away. If you don't know better you might say they sold out, but they actually just changed. In any case they still are better than ever live, and the CD as a whole (with an autographed booklet!) is still fantastic. I still feel like they are worthy of our unwavering love and affection, and I can't ever imagine that changing. I think most of you share that with me.

JD

P.S. Rana was being a drama-queen. Everyone in the laughing city believes in freedom of speech, or they wouldn't be here.

Dave
Sea Post King

I concur with Ranana, they are changing, but not that there's anything wrong with that.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Glam? Rockstar? Maybe clean and trim. God forbid someone get tired of drab green and crappy equipment. I hope Eisley never stops growing.

That's my opinion.

P.S. Rana is perfectly free to voice her opinion. Eisley are not some perfect band full of perfect people who do only perfect things. They should be as open to criticism as anyone else. In this case, I don't agree with Rana, and I'm free to do that. Let's not bash her.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
yoetheterrible
Sea Post King

I don't think anyone was being bashed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I'm still not sure what's chaned too much. Their clothes? That's just how they dress. Maybe a little spiffier for a video, but really. That's not too uncommon for them. They have a unique fashion sense. Soundwise, yes. They're way clearer. I think the album is very polished, and I'd hope they'll consider a little less polish next time. But really, major label debuts are generally candided up beyond recognition. Save for one or two songs on Room Noises, it's not really overdone. Take a listen without TE, Lost at Sea and I wasn't prepared. (Two of which are singles in all likelyhood.) Show me another nobody band that gets away with this much. It's incredible.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
Shain
Vintage Newbie

you are allowed to have that opinion no one said that. people were just wondering where on earth you got that. I have been following the band for a while now, and I have noticed a slght change, but they arent stardazzled with themselves. They made a silly (in my opinion) video, but that isnt selling out. Go to a show sometime walk up to one of the eisleyoids and just strike up a conversation, be weird about it even and just talk about random crap. I started talking to them about vinyls and which ones are cool, and which ones I want, and they had a real conversation with me. If they were starized, they would have most likely been like umm ok thats nice buddy, what did you need me to sign?

Ask them out to a cup of coffee, they will most likely be down.

anyway, in my opinion you have to meet, and know the people before making a statment like that.

but yeah give them a chance, they are really nice sweet people.

Sea Post King

Jonathan wrote:
i just want you all to know that i am addicted to Alias.

yeah, i'm pretty much addicted to alias too...but then again, after you've seen the first episode...who isn't?

that's also where i get all of my awesome rockstar/glam looks...i mean people are always coming up to me and saying...
"man you're so cool" or
"i wish i could be as awesome as you are"

it gets really annoying, i just hate it!

-angela

p.s. .......haha

TheJake
Sea Post King

Well since we're all putting our two cents in...

From what I've heard of Room Noises, all of the best songs have been released already on the EPs. I felt the other songs sounded like filler tracks and I was surprised that songs of that caliber ended up on the "debut album". Room Noises feels to me like a "Super Collector's Edition" of the EPs. Remixed "hits" and filler wrapped up in a shiny new jewel case and slapped with a $14.99 price tag.

I say this as a friend. I'm not ragging on you guys - I dig Eisley too.

It's like seeing your best friend pretending to be something they're not. Major label politics does not compliment Eisley's style.

Now let's all get uber-defensive and furiously type about how Room Noises is the next "Sgt. Pepper" and everybody else just doesn't realize it.

Opinion are free - let's not make this some Neo-Nazi message board where people with conflicting opinions are burned at the stake.
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

whirlygirlv3 wrote:
no ones making out

Yeah, it's weird ... usually there are at least 60 boardmembers occupying all corners of the room.

In the words of Mick Jagger, "Let's make it UP, let's make it AHPPP now, daaaarlin'! It was just a conversation in the corner of a crowded room."

Memorial
Sea Post King

did anyone actually read the last part of Jonathan's post? i think he was trying to say something besides the fact that he's addicted to Alias Wink

also i just want to say that i've been coming to this forum for a long time and have just recently joined. one of the reasons i did was because everyone seems to be pretty friendly as opposed to other forums. i agree with those who have said that the subject Euphoria brought up has been handled pretty well. i don't think we're all attacking each other or anything.

with that said, i understand where Euphoria is coming from but i also feel that its not necessary to pick at all the details. Eisley makes music that we all love. maybe we wont all like the same videos or certain songs but we still love the music right? that's why we're all here. i suppose i'm rambling now but i guess what im trying to say is that this is a pretty important time for the band and this forum should continue to be a place that supports them.

i feel like i've got alot more to say but i cant put it into words and plus this is pretty long anyway. so there's my two cents.

cryptictonight
Lost at Forum

Anyone care to read back through the whole thread?
I don't know but I found it a bit funny, because as an observer it went a little like this...

1: Eisley... rockstarglam blah blah...they've changed
2- I am just replying to your statement because you posted it.
1: Sorry for having an opinion!!!!
3- I wanted to know if you could elaborate on what made you feel this way...?
1: I don't hate them! Can't I have an opinion?! They've changed, that's all. Rockstar-ISH.
3- I sort of agree, but can you elaborate so we can understand what you mean?
1: Stop attacking me for my opinion! I only said that they changed. And are rockstar-ish.
4- Okay, I understand. But can you tell us how they are rockstarish.
1: I knew this would turn into a flaming debate....
5- Yeah guys stop bashing!!!!!
6- I like Alias.
3- I just asked a question...
7: Nazi.
1: I just said they changed and are rockstarish. But that's it I'm leaving.

Okay so no offence. But it just seemed like most if not ALL of the conflict and overreacting came from the people commenting on how people were overreacting.
Without those comments on "not bashing" it would seem to me like this was just a lovely and productive discussion.

As far as Eisley changing or becoming Rockstarish. Sure...that happens. It usually has to do with...the passage of time. After all, we have all changed ourselves, as people, in the years since Eisley first put out music. And they have changed too. What do you expect?
Whether or not you like the change is a matter of opinion. And you are entitled to it. And entitled to discuss it. Of course. I don't know if anyone said you weren't?
At any rate, I still love the music for the music (that's usually what I focus on). And will probably keep on loving it.
And everyone else can adjust how they like. Smile
TheContrabajo
Sea Post King

Peanut butter.

Just to further diversify the thread for you. Wink
Joined: 07 Feb 2005 | Posts: 19 | Location: The University of Illinois
cryptictonight
Lost at Forum

TheContrabajo wrote:
Peanut butter

is my favorite thing to eat. ever.

<< prev | goto page