Laughing City
gRegor
the gEek

In effort to avoid 5 billion "I got my room noises!" threads, maybe we can keep them to one thread? We're not going to lock / delete other threads if they're made, but having those posts all in one place would be nice, plus it will save trees! And you love trees, don't you? Do it for the trees.
Shain
Vintage Newbie

I like trees.
Laughing Citizen

weee! i got mine tonight at the concert... and the booklet's all nice and signed Smile

Last.fm.etsy.tumblr
berlies_
Lost at Forum

Ok.

So its 2am. I just got back from the Troubadour show, and immediately went in search of the CD I was told arrived today in the mail. After searching every room, I went back out to the mail box and found it sitting inside.

Now, here I am, holding it in my hands, pondering opening it. Of course I'll open it, but it seems so pure, sitting there in its plastic wrap. Ok, my fingers are going to pull on the convenient little red pull string-thing.

Ok? Ready?

Ok...plastic off. Boyd was right, it does look a lot different. Wow. Isn't crazy to think that just a couple months ago Boyd was up all hours of the night creating and tweaking this very image. Wowzers. I cant believe its finally here. The countdown has come to an end. It just doesnt make sense.

Maybe I should attempt at removing that pesky plastic tape at the top. Ok, again I'll direct myself to the little pull tab. Once again, here we go. Ok, sticky label off, in one piece even. Woo, I'm going to open it now!!! Exciting.

ITS OPEN! How magnificant. Now what do I do? Take out the CD...or the booklet. We'll save the CD for last. Booklet. Yay, I love it. I dont wan't to listen to the cd now. I'm too tired. But, I cant believe its finally here, sitting here, physically on my desk. Still, doesnt make sense. Who woulda thought this day would actually come.

I always said I'd take it to Will, and listen to it 'with him' but I still havent been able to go to his grave. I know he's with me here, and I can only imagine how thrilled he would have been to experienced all this.

This is wonderful.

Much love to everyone, Kimberly

Weav
Sea Post King

Well, I'm going to the record store today at lunch. If they don't have it, I'm having it ordered in.

I'll have it by the end of the week Crying or Very sad

Why do I have to wait so long...yargh.

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

I got mine (well one of them) yesterday!

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Today I did something rare: Instead of plugging my iPod into the aux port on my car CD player as I drove to work, I actually used the CD. It was nice.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
martini kiss
Sea Post King

Today after school, I'm going to go down to Rhino Records and pick it up with my gift certificate. I'm sure that it will be just fantastic.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

well i went to wal mart at 530 in the mornign only to find out they didnt have it.
so then at noon i went to my local cd store and got their only copy for 16 bucks.

so thats mine
john2
Golly, Poster

i got it at 1130pm last night. stupid brother took the mailbox key. i couldn't sit still knowing it was like...right there. i got shivers listening to every song. amazing.

-john Very Happy

-Boogie Nation-
Joined: 17 Jun 2004 | Posts: 598 | Location: long beach, CA
Ecouter
Vintage Newbie

how would it save trees? is gregor going to go chop down a tree for every extra thread (besides this one) about room noises? cuz that would amuse me.
Last edited by Ecouter on Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
FrozenEye
Golly, Poster

My copy came in the mail on Saturday from Tower records, and it has been on repeat.

I reserved another copy at my nearby Barnes and Noble to pick up later. This is a glorious day in the music universe.

drenchedecent
Sea Post King

i bought my copy at best buy on my lunch break for $11.99. it was one of 3 copies.
Levi
Sea Post King

yeah. i reserved mine at barnes and noble also. but i was heartaching the return trip home...after i got room noises, because i dont have cd player in the car. but my mom saw the remorse in my eyes...and let me use her cd player...so...yeah...i am listening to it...right now....and its definatly a room noises experience..as far as room noises experiences go...
Ecouter
Vintage Newbie

oh yeah ... so, it came in the mail today. i went and checked first thing this morning, just to see if it was there ... and it wasn't. cuz the mail probably doesn't come til mid day. so i went to my classes like a good little girl, and then checked again like an hour ago and BLAMMO! there it was.
it's fantastic, really. simply fantastic. *sighs contentedly*