Laughing City
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

so people in Waco and Illinois got their CD's from Tower and i still haven't gotten it?
spaught9002
Sea Post King

I tried 2 Wal-Marts, 2 Best Buys and 1 Borders before I found it at Media Play in Denver. The album showed up on inventory at Best Buy, but the clerks couldn't find it in the stock rooms. Media Play had 8 copies on the shelves.

I'll be at the show next week.
Schizorage
Lost at Forum

mandarin mach wrote:
Me and Brian (schizorage) went to Meijer at midnight, and they didn't get it. We then went to Wal-Mart, they were closed. We then went to Biggs, their electronics dept. was closed. We then went home empty-handed...
This evening we went to Circuit City, they had 1 copy. I just happened to find it before Brian did. We then proceeded to go to: Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and Borders. Borders had 2 copies, but Brian didn't wanna pay $13.99 when I only paid $10.99, so... we went to a diff. Circuit City, didn't see it nowheres, so he asked the hot chick at the customer service desk about it, she made a call, and some dude brought a copy up. Alas, we both had Room Noises. It was a long, hard, frustrating journey finding it, but it was worth it.

It was so worth it... just like we do makes me cry... alot.

Yes guys, Brian is frugal... i spent about 2 dollars in gas to save 3 dollars on a cd, but i got an earful of Jason's Eisley cd for that extra two bucks... haha my logic is skewed.

I talked to the hot girl Smile

almost as awesome as Eisley... ok not even close, but hey, i still talked to the hot girl (i put in a plug for eisley!!! yay me!)

standingcareful
Golly, Poster

My favorite new tracks are:

Brightly Wound
Lost At Sea
My Lovely
One Day I Slowly Floated Away

Trolley Wood is a really neat song too. Are they talking about Hollywood?

The CD is soooooooooo awesome. It didn't disappoint. I drove 45 minutes accross Houston in the RAIN to get it. Very Happy

Last edited by standingcareful on Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
standingcareful
Golly, Poster

Saellys wrote:
Today I did something rare: Instead of plugging my iPod into the aux port on my car CD player as I drove to work, I actually used the CD. It was nice.

haha... same here!

Vintage Newbie

WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

WALLY-KA-POW!!!

GNIBBLEGNORP!!!

EKKI EKKI EKKI PTANG!

It's just that good.

FrozenEye
Golly, Poster

bigideas wrote:
so people in Waco and Illinois got their CD's from Tower and i still haven't gotten it?

Please tell me your cd came today because you should not have to wait any longer to hear Room Noises. You got the shipping confirmation e-mail, right?

babysweetwolf
Sea Post King

just like we do.
jeeeees.
it's seriously the perfect song.

martini kiss
Sea Post King

I don't know yet what my favorite song is.. they're all so good.

But I think that right now it might be 'Plenty of Paper'.

supershayde
Sea Post King

I pre-ordered my CD, it hasn't arrived in the mail yet..darn it.
Joined: 04 Feb 2005 | Posts: 17 | Location: The Land Of Poptarts and Cheesy Goodness
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

FrozenEye wrote:
bigideas wrote:

Please tell me your cd came today because you should not have to wait any longer to hear Room Noises. You got the shipping confirmation e-mail, right?

yeah, i got it today. i wrote an e-mail to them about it. they can't ship anything 5 days before release date because of the record co's. it seems dumb to me. record co's make records and are a service to people who buy said products..........i think you should please them by making sure they get your product at least by the release date.

spooky_lightup
Sea Post King

I picked up mine this afternoon at Newbury Comics in MA and have listened to it thrice since then. It's better than I imagined and the artwork is beautiful. I hope to get it signed someday. (I'm still kicking myself for not seeing them with Snow Patrol, but I couldn't find anyone to go w/.)

I was trying to describe their indescribable sound to people. The best I could do was: Imagine if Jeff Buckley and Joni Mitchell had children and raised them in a deserted woods haunted by the ghost of Eleanor Rigby. No cable, no top 40 radio, just instruments, creativity, fairy-tales, and occasional listens to Kid A, Pink Floyd, and acoustic Zeppelin. Incredibly high praise indeed.

Eisley = my Valentine.
Shain
Vintage Newbie

I think everyone should write a review of it on amazon.
Sea Post King

One boys quest for Room Noises.

Short Version: I had a lot of trouble getting this cd. But, man is it good!

Story Version:
I wake up the day of the release singing Marvy Things, telling my mother how excited about the cd I am, and I’m in a great mood. I plan on going to get the CD at lunch from Borders (It would make me late to class, but o well). In between first and second period my friend runs up to me saying “I need to get Room Noises!” so we plan on going to get our copies together. WHAT FUN! Then things took a turn. Walking towards my car my pockets felt… light. Sure enough I had locked my keys in the car. Too bad I don’t have that nifty on-star thing; I don’t think you can even install it on older cars. So I’m bummed the rest of my classes, and I forget all my notes for a presentation I have to give, so I wing the whole thing. I do find a metal clothes hanger in that teacher’s closet… so I stole it. After 10 - 20 minutes, I manage to break into my own car. It was surprisingly hard, but I guess that’s good. My friend and I go over to borders, and suddenly I really gotta pee. Well, this Borders sucks, and it doesn’t have the cd (not out anyway) and when I asked the guy about it, he seemed… not all there. So I leave, angrily ( like this > Mad ). No Room Noises for me yet . Not about to give up, I go in search of Tower Records, which is about 20 minutes away, could be 40 depending on traffic. Only I’ve never really been to this Tower, and it was in some weird little center off the freeway with a Barnes and Noble, but I only have an idea of where it is. So we go looking for it, we get lost, twice. I still haven’t peed. My friend starts freaking out about how we’re going to be late for our game (I’m worried to). The game that was the only reason I wasn't at Slims that night. We stop at a little clothing mall, in search of a bathroom, which it had none, and I was about to go behind a tree (I had to go real bad) I saw a cop staring at me across the way… so I get back in the car. Now I’m going to be late, so we decide to just drive home. And on the way, we see the Tower records through some tall trees, but now it’s too late, and we already missed the exit.
Luckily my game was at a high school that is not far from Tower at all. So I would just get it after that. My mom drove me so we could save gas money. I play terribly, and my team barely wins in overtime in a game we should have won by 30. We’re all bummed. But after the game all I can think about is getting Room Noises, I’m the first one dressed and out of the gym. When I get into the car and remind my mother about how she said she would stop by Tower, she says she’s too tired. As soon as I’m about to argue, she yells, and there was nothing I could do. No Room Noises for me Crying or Very sad .
ACT 2
Today, I was upset, I know I would get it soon, but I wanted it then. I couldn’t go get it after school, because I had practice. I come home, shower, and leave without even stopping. It’s dark by that time, and I head out for Tower. Since I had only seen in through the trees, and now it was night… I got lost again. I somehow got turned around, I don’t know how. But I back tracked, and FINALLY got to Tower. I sprint up to the doors, and walked right to Room Noises, I swear. I didn’t even know it was the “e” section, it was just a lucky guess. 3 copies. 14.99. O yeah, I bought lunch… and forgot to get more money in my haste. AHHHH, still no Room Noises . I walk over to Barnes and Noble, to see if they have it in their little music section, they don’t. I drive home, bummed out. But, why not? I go back to Borders. It’s real late now. Park the car, rummage for change. Find some. Go inside, new releases rack, 5 copies, 12.99! All my money together now I have 15 bucks, when I go to the counter, it comes out to exactly that of course. HOORAH! I told myself I’d wait to get home to listen to it. That failed. O how GLORIOUS it was, playing it for the first time.

So as I sing along to Trolley Wood, writing this, I once again thank Eisley for their wonderful music.

Stewie: Hey, mother, I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.
frostbitten81
Sea Post King

clearly_invisable wrote:
Only I’ve never really been to this Tower, and it was in some weird little center off the freeway with a Barnes and Noble, but I only have an idea of where it is.

But I back tracked, and FINALLY got to Tower. I sprint up to the doors, and walked right to Room Noises, I swear. I didn’t even know it was the “e” section, it was just a lucky guess. 3 copies. 14.99. O yeah, I bought lunch… and forgot to get more money in my haste.

Was this Tower and Barnes & Nobles near Hillsdale Mall, off of 101 in San Mateo? If it was, I got my CD there and left a stack of Eisley stickers near them. Also, the CD was only 9.99 at Tower even though the sticker price said 14.99.

Too bad you weren't able to go to Slim's that night; it was incredible.

Sing away. l l Swing away.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger