Laughing City
KyGuyEisleyfan
Sea Post King

Dont know if this has been mentioned on here, but I read Sherri's Xanga today and she warned of a heads up they got the Rolling Stone gave a bad review of the cd. She wasnt down though and kept saying it was ok, and hopes if someone doesnt like it, that they can win them back with the next cd. I just cant fathome how they could give a bad review, they might just get a bad cancelled subscription from one bad guy in Kentucky.
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

Let's hope it's not worse than the 'Marvelous Things' review ... Sad

Rolling Stone doesn't have any credibility with most people anymore, anyways.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

EisleyForever wrote:

Rolling Stone could tell me a comet was going to hit Earth and destroy us all, and I wouldn't believe them on principle.

We all know how good this CD is. Just because one ridiculous, so-called "music" magazine writer thinks it sounds childish doesn't mean it should change our mood, let alone our opinion. They'll eat their words in a few years.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
scruples
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
EisleyForever wrote:

Rolling Stone could tell me a comet was going to hit Earth and destroy us all, and I wouldn't believe them on principle.

We all know how good this CD is. Just because one ridiculous, so-called "music" magazine writer thinks it sounds childish doesn't mean it should change our mood, let alone our opinion. They'll eat their words in a few years.

my feelings exactly.

-------------------------------------------------------
There once was a boy named Joel,
He found a stick
Down by the sea.
| Myspace |
New IM feel free to say hi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
standingcareful
Golly, Poster

That's actually one of my favorite aspects of Eisley's music. The fact that it has certain facets that are child-like in a sense. Lyrically they are very fantastical. Melodically they are very whymsical. And the mood of their music is inherently innocent. That's why a barbaric publication such as RS would mistake their music as "childish". They meant it in a demeaning way.
Vintage Newbie

standingcareful wrote:
That's why a barbaric publication such as RS would mistake their music as "childish". They meant it in a demeaning way.

They think they're too cool for it.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
robbie
Vintage Newbie

I agree completely that Rolling Stone has very little credibility. I also think that Room Noises is amazing. But it's unfair to judge a person or publication for not liking Eisley... not everybody is going to like them. Maybe you can't see how it's possible that somebody couldn't, but it is very possible. No band has been loved by all or hated by all, so just remember.... music is subjective. They might think it's childish, you might not... doesn't mean that you're right. Whoa crap, i just defended rolling stone. *dies*
Joined: 17 Jun 2004 | Posts: 2249 | Location: Kansas City, MO
pzy
Wookie Luke

I'm sure the issue that rates the album 2/5 stars will feature Britney Spears making out with Christina Aguilera while they're both naked in a pool of jello. Then it will go on to laud their musical "talents" and then they'll praise the songwriting skills of the flavor of the week.

Rolling Stone sucks, period.

theenvycorps
Vintage Newbie

pzykotic wrote:
Britney Spears making out with Christina Aguilera while they're both naked in a pool of jello

please tell me you're serious
ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

KyGuyEisleyfan wrote:
I just cant fathome how they could give a bad review, they might just get a bad cancelled subscription from one bad guy in Kentucky.

if you subscribe to rolling stone, you're a tool. not that it's a personal indictment of your character or anything, but just sayin' Rolling Eyes
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

robbie wrote:
I agree completely that Rolling Stone has very little credibility. I also think that Room Noises is amazing. But it's unfair to judge a person or publication for not liking Eisley... not everybody is going to like them. Maybe you can't see how it's possible that somebody couldn't, but it is very possible. No band has been loved by all or hated by all, so just remember.... music is subjective. They might think it's childish, you might not... doesn't mean that you're right. Whoa crap, i just defended rolling stone. *dies*

couldn't of put it better myself.

Sea Post King

i'm going to write a 0 out of 5 review about rolling stone and then send it to them.
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

pzykotic wrote:
I'm sure the issue that rates the album 2/5 stars will feature Britney Spears making out with Christina Aguilera while they're both naked in a pool of jello. Then it will go on to laud their musical "talents" and then they'll praise the songwriting skills of the flavor of the week.

Rolling Stone sucks, period.

haha ..exactly. you know, britney spears is a great dancer...she should just stick to that. just dance. singing is not necessary really!! haa
DropBear
Sea Post King

I always keep an issue of Rolling Stone in my bathroom in case i run out of toilet paper. It's just a rag that caters to teenyboppers and hip hoppers with gold teeth and fake jewelry. Even Radiohead got the occasional bad review; it just means that one particular person didn't like or didn't "get" the album. That's all.
Joined: 03 May 2004 | Posts: 32 | Location: SF Bay Area, CA
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

starnothing wrote:

haha ..exactly. you know, britney spears is a great dancer...she should just stick to that. just dance. singing is not necessary really!! haa

in fairness,she's a pretty darn good white trash skank as well Smile