Laughing City
Brady
Sea Post King

I won't spoil it, but here's the link:

rolling stone review

I can't say I'm suprised... I don't know anyone who takes Rollingstone seriously, but it still kinda sucks! Anyway, i thought you guys might want to read it.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Yep, pretty much as expected. Thanks for the link. I like how they're so stupid that they put the cover of the Telescope Eyes EP up as Room Noises album art. And by the way, Christian Hoard (great name!), "shall" is not a verb. It's a shame Rolling Stone got rid of their online commenting system, 'cause I could really nail this jerk.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
liakate
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
Yep, pretty much as expected. Thanks for the link. I like how they're so stupid that they put the cover of the Telescope Eyes EP up as Room Noises album art. And by the way, Christian Hoard (great name!), "shall" is not a verb. It's a shame Rolling Stone got rid of their online commenting system, 'cause I could really nail this jerk.

You're great. Wondeful point out ;*
frostbitten81
Sea Post King

BOOOOO! BOOOOO!

Sing away. l l Swing away.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Eno_Not_Emo
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
"shall" is not a verb.

Um, actually it is. It's an auxiliary verb that supports the main verb in a sentence, just like would or will.
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

that was just shy of the saddest review i've ever seen...did he say anything? and wasn't he half praising the band? was there sarcasm in there? i couldn't tell...that was bad, and i'm not just saying that cos he gave it 2 stars, i mean that was just poorly written...if guys like that can write for Rolling Stone why don't i have a job there?
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Eno_Not_Emo wrote:
Saellys wrote:
"shall" is not a verb.

Um, actually it is. It's an auxiliary verb that supports the main verb in a sentence, just like would or will.

You can't go shalling, and you haven't shalled. Auxiliary/helping verbs do not a proper verb make. Call me nitpicky; it was just the straw that broke my Rolling Stone-hating camel's back.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
giant_
Laughing Citizen

the rolling stones suck!
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

giant_ wrote:
the rolling stones suck!

Hahahahahahaha. Very Happy

Smokemonster
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

"... pretty Christian siblings (and one best buddy) should have performed at W.'s reinauguration."
1: Why do the religious views of the members of the band have anything to do with 'Room Noises'? I sensed no Christian rock undertones in any of the songs. His comment is irrelevant.
2: Why do the political views of the members of the band have anything to do with 'Room Noises'? I doubt most of us know for sure who in the band is a Democrat, Republican, or Third Party Supporter ... because it's not part of the music!
3: What an interesting comment coming from a man whose name sounds like Christian Horde. Razz

That was a weird review ... compliments mixed with "you suck"-age. Rolling Eyes

pinkcamel
Sea Post King

i don't see how one review should make a difference. This person obviously has a very narrow tolerance for what can be considered good and bad. Eh. I am not surprised that the ROLLING STONES should give a crappy review like this ...

don't change yourself for the world, eisley. just keep doing what you're doing, people love you.

Also the opinion of one reviewer at rollingstones shouldnt really speak for everyone

Cool Be strong...

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

it sounds like the reviewer had a preconceived notion of the band before he even listened. they read backstory and found out they were Christian.

what does that have to do with the music?

FrozenEye
Golly, Poster

link
At least they seem to like Hilary Duff because that is all that matters. Smile

stpddrummerboy88
Lost at Forum

rolling stones = freaking retards
Rafael
Sea Post King

stupid lack of commenting system

well, perhaps its good that its gone cause i probably would have just written a string of curses and insults directed at him, his parents and the ugly children i imagine him having. that wouldnt reflect well on the band.

I dont think i've been so enraged by something in...well like in a day. I really cannot even process what i just read. im confused and angry. whats wrong with people?

I know that no one
No one survives

-Displaced, Azure Ray

goto page
 | next >>