Kit
Sea Post King

Are they in the works?

Letterman?
Leno?
O'Brien?
Kimmel?
Kilborn?

Surely the big WB can use that monolithic corporate promotional arm of theirs and get 'em on there.
Cool
sweeeeet
Golly, Poster

Good question! I'd love to see them on TV, especiall Austin City Limits.
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

you know...i wouldn't be suprised to see them on the OC...not suprised one bit...
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

I'm thinking 28 March will be a good day to do Conan. Its an off day and they'll be in New York. What better time? Start making phone calls Boyd! Also, I'm pretty suprised that the WB hasn't used them in one of their "teen dramas" yet. My friends band (The Normals) even had a song on Dawson's Creek and they were on a small Christen label. You would think that WB would try to promote a band they have signed in all mediums possible.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

The Normals played in my town once! Which is somewhat surprising because I live in a little hick town in Minnesota of about 10,000 people. They were with the Above Ground tour I believe, there were maybe 100 people there.

Worthington has also had some now popular bands play there before they were discovered. Thousand Foot Krutch and Superchick played here before they were signed to whatever labels they are one now.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

DRMS_7888 wrote:
The Normals played in my town once! Which is somewhat surprising because I live in a little hick town in Minnesota of about 10,000 people. They were with the Above Ground tour I believe, there were maybe 100 people there.

Sweet! Yeah, I went to high school with most of those guys. They're split now, but Andy, the lead singer, does solo projects and tours with Caedmon's Call. You can see his website at www.andrewosenga.com if interested. If you didn't know, they were named after our hometown of Normal, IL. I'm glad Eisley didn't take that approach. The Tylers wouldn't be very good.
Last edited by Admiral79 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
lloydobler
Lost at Forum

Admiral79 wrote:
I'm thinking 28 March will be a good day to do Conan. Its an off day and they'll be in New York. What better time? Start making phone calls Boyd! Also, I'm pretty suprised that the WB hasn't used them in one of their "teen dramas" yet. My friends band (The Normals) even had a song on Dawson's Creek and they were on a small Christen label. You would think that WB would try to promote a band they have signed in all mediums possible.

the normals were on dawsons creek? thats really funny
Joined: 09 Feb 2005 | Posts: 1275 | Location: Greenville, SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Skabro1005
Golly, Poster

I would laugh so much if they were in something like Seventh Heaven or anything like that. It would just be sad...

Skabro Mr. Green

i spit out a flury of rude language at garron like, "UGH!....DUMMY!" he flips out and crys for the next couple of hours, then we stop at subway my favorite restaurant and buy him a sub and things are cool now.

You will be greatly missed Jonathon David Wilson. Great bassist, great guy.

*caution*
*Myspace-caution*
Joined: 25 Jan 2005 | Posts: 931 | Location: Where I currently am.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Admiral79 wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:

Sweet! Yeah, I went to high school with most of those guys. They're split now, but Andy, the lead singer, does solo projects and tours with Caedmon's Call. You can see his website at andrewosenga.com if interested. If you didn't know, they were named after our hometown of Normal, IL. I'm glad Eisley didn't take that approach. The Tylers wouldn't be very good.

Definitely, I'm also glad they didnt take the Jackson 5 Approach.

"The DuPrees" oh, how Jon would have felt so left out.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

lloydobler wrote:
Admiral79 wrote:

Yeah, it was the song "Two Wrongs and a Right" from a great album "Coming to Life". It was the episode after Dawson stole that guys boat and crashed it and had to paint a fence or something. It was big news that they were on it, but we still made fun of them all the time for it. We still do!

I'm not sure what's popular on WB nowadays, I guess something like "7th Heaven", "One Tree Hill", or "Smallville" would be cool.
TK
Sea Post King

I personally would not like to see Eisley used in crappy TV shows, but I suppose it's a way to get more exposure. I always wonder how bands feel about that stuff. Like, what if you were offered the opportunity to have your music used in a show you absolutely loathe, but is watched by millions of people? Maybe for some that would be an easy decision, but for me it wouldn't... maybe I'm too idealistic.

Seeing Eisley perform on Conan would be pretty cool, though.
lloydobler
Lost at Forum

Admiral79 wrote:
lloydobler wrote:
Admiral79 wrote:

Yeah, it was the song "Two Wrongs and a Right" from a great album "Coming to Life". It was the episode after Dawson stole that guys boat and crashed it and had to paint a fence or something. It was big news that they were on it, but we still made fun of them all the time for it. We still do!

I'm not sure what's popular on WB nowadays, I guess something like "7th Heaven", "One Tree Hill", or "Smallville" would be cool.

i actually know what episode youre talking about
and that makes me hate myself
Joined: 09 Feb 2005 | Posts: 1275 | Location: Greenville, SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chubbygumby

let's flood the message boards on nbc.com and email them...

http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=12589

i already posted a message on both message boards (conan & snl) as well as emailed both.

let's make some (room) noise(s)! Very Happy
 |  | 
Noodler
Sea Post King

What about Letterman, Leno, Ellen? Even Regis. Anyone have URLs for them?
Mainstream is good. Eisley's music cannot be quantified, so what the heck? It just needs to be heard by as many people as possible. No one will ever say Eisley stinks just because they were on Regis and Kelly.
gRegor
the gEek

Heck, I think Eisley would rock even more if they were on Regis & Kelly.

ok, even more if it was Regis & Kathy Lee