Laughing City
sweeeeet
Golly, Poster

I was just thinking about sales figures---wonder how it's been doing
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

I think they are really good. I know I buy one everytime I'm in a store that has them, just in case I need to give one away to someone that hasn't heard them before.
Clark
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
I think they are really good. I know I buy one everytime I'm in a store that has them, just in case I need to give one away to someone that hasn't heard them before.

Aww, thats awesome. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KyleRossP
Sea Post King

Sales figures for an album need to be observed not simply as an overall total number, but instead need to be viewed as sales in relationship to 2 things:
1. what the record company was expecting, and
2. sales as a percentage of the total number of copies that were released for sale.

I am told by those in-the-know that sales of "Room Noises" is in line with record company expectations. This is good! and that the total number sold so far is already approaching the total that were originally released for sale....somewhere around 80% of the copies have been sold already, which is also very good! This is exciting to all the parties involved, and will direct the promotional strategies in the near future as WB begins to "push" Room Noises stronger into the market.

However, when viewed simply as a total number, the sales figures are rather small. Compared to other albums on the Billboard album chart, sales are very small. This is why nobody wants to quote the actual numbers, because it gives the false impression that the powers-that-be are unhappy or that the album is selling poorly.

To date, the "Laughing City EP" and "Marvelous Things EP" have both outsold "Room Noises". Granted, those EP's have been in stores for 2 years, and 1.5 years respectively, and Room Noises has only been in stores 7 weeks! But the sales numbers are pretty small at this point.
Everything is good...hopefully WB will do their job and get some airplay for this wonderful album!
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

and.....the albums on the billboard charts are, i'm presuming from mroe popular artists? as this is Eisley's debut LP....i think from what you have said, it is doing awesomely.
DeathRockBoy
Sea Post King

triple platinum...or so i've heard. Wink
KyleRossP
Sea Post King

500,000 = Gold
1,000,000 = Platinum

triple platinum? uhh...i don't think were quite there yet! so tell every single person you know to go out and buy it!
or just go buy it yourself and give it out, like Kim said!

RECOMMENDATION: Do NOT go find a Billboard magazine and see the albums in the Top200 album chart that are outselling "Room Noises"....
you'll just get really sad and bummed out.....and question whether the people in your home country have any sanity left.....
pzy
Wookie Luke

Room Noises has outsold both EPs individually, but not combined. I believe combined, Laughing City and Marvelous Things have sold around 30,000 copies.

Last I heard, Room Noises is up in the low 20,000s. Which is awesome.

oversimplified(myband)
Sea Post King

unfortunately I was only was able to add one to the number.But I love Eisley all the same.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

yeah...Weston is picking out his crib Laughing
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
yeah...Weston is picking out his crib :lol:

At first I thought you meant Weston was having a baby! Then I looked at the rest of the thread and I got it.

JD

danieldugdale
Sea Post King

word on the street is Eisley just reached 50 cent status selling well over 11 million copies of room noises, or was that just a dream?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Clark
Vintage Newbie

danieldugdale wrote:
word on the street is Eisley just reached 50 cent status selling well over 11 million copies of room noises, or was that just a dream?

Maybe not a dream... but a vision!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
danieldugdale
Sea Post King

I can see it now eh eh eh eh eh eh e-isley
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

Kimbrtones wrote:
yeah...Weston is picking out his crib Laughing

That Kim is mad fresh with her rap yo. Cool