22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
in a darkened forest
63%
 63%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 22

boyd
Eisleyoid

MOSSEISLEY OPENS FOR ROCK & ROLL WORSHIP CIRCUS NEXT FRIDAY AT THE DOOR sorry Johnnyappletoe, I had this in the wrong place, so I'm scrapping the old one. Anyway, so, yeah, the Door. Moss goes on right before Worship Circus - a great band. This is a showcase for the Eiselyans. That means somebody important will be there with folded arms in the crowd, glaring, smoking a fat stoggie, probably bald, mean, judging them and give a thumbs up or thumbs down. The stakes are high. Come heckle and jeer and make the band laugh, but whatever you do...don't eyeball the suit.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
kris
Ubernerd Moderator

forest forest forest!
Cat^^
Sea Post King

OMG my two fav. bands in the world!!!! Maybe when we get circus down at the houston vineyard at the end of november...umm moss could come too...But i'm just dreaming Crying or Very sad ohh well maybe in heaven!~gilgameh's cat
Lost at Forum

Me and Trey were just thinking about you guys playing in one of our garages or backyards will you atcually play if we pay you guys.

and I know who it is, thanks Boyd Ill be looking for him
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Buford Mills
Sea Post King

it would definitely be the best in a darkened forest. the gypsy ballroom is just too big. and the door is just... the door... and i don't have a garage.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Well Buford,
as you probably well know, (being your ma and pa's place), MossEisley will be opening for Embodyment the night after their show at The Door, at The Revelation Room in Canton.

I guess we'll be visiting our dead bus too. I heard your brother has made a room out of it, and now has wild parties there! Shocked

Mossmom

anywhere but the Door. That Russell is a total greenhead. All he cares about is money. That's why he allows unchristianlike bands to play at his club. for the money
 |  | 

Yeah, BUT.

Imagine Deep Ellum without The Door. (no, like....imagine there's never been a "The Door") It's no longer a wonderful life. No light in a dark Deep Ellum.

And I know better. Russell does care about stuff besides money. (like, I think he has a wife) But either way, income is important. He doesn't have alcohol sales to rely on. Try $8000 per month in rent on for size. Add employees and insurance and taxes and profit for exapnsion/improvements - yikes. At least the "greenhead" has survived. Where is everyone else? Whether you love Russell or hate him, he's making a difference.

As for "unchristianlike bands" Yes. Good. No more isolationism. Don't forget Jesus hung out in bars with sinners. Christians don't exist to stamp out cigarettes and beer. (if there were no, "while we were YET sinners"...we'd all be toast.) The Door is open for everyone. (death to the bubble)

I'm not dogging your comment. Russell pisses people off.
Still...we must look deeper grasshopper. We have much to learn.

Boyd
 |  | 
Buford Mills
Sea Post King

if the dead bus is still in my front yard when i go home next week, i think i'm gonna sleep in it, since my older brother stole my room. i'll have mossmobile parties all night long!
jeremyb
Sea Post King

boyd... you rock. i've heard from a few friends (people who have played at the door, or know people who have) about how russell just cares for the money and all that... and unfortunately i tend to take stuff like that and forget to look at the other side of things before i draw conclusions, make judgments, whatever - it's human nature, at least for most of us. but then some wicked-cool crazy-man from tyler busts out the seemingly-infinite wisdom, offering *gasp* both sides of the situation so that the other, more inferior, homo sapiens may view it objectively... and be both humbled and enlightened in the process.

thank you.

philippians 4:13
Last edited by jeremyb on Thu Nov 28, 2002 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
boyd
Eisleyoid

Bufford. (aka "p is for poop" decepticon) It's gone. I drove it out to the TM compound Tuesday night. A cool guy named Lars is going to fix it. He say's it doesn't sound real bad.....not like a thrown rod; more like a sticky valve on one cylinder. This rocks since we love the MossBus like it was our own living, mechanica,l mastodonic mom. dern dude. it wuz like my car. my ride.

You'll have to sleep on one of those oil well pumps out there. Or your deck by the pool. or NO...that shack; that discusting shack in your back yard...that's your new home. gross.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Buford Mills
Sea Post King

well dangit. alright i guess i will sleep in the crap shack out back. it's a nice little place. i'm gonna live there one day.
Andrew
Lost at Forum

Hey you can stay at my house its quite far but hey Its some where to sleep in fact any one can, any one. Just email me for the adress. Yo and Boyd youll never guess what Im Getting...well its a G4 Power Mac 23" screen and all.. sweet. Dont hate me you can come over and play with it all you want.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger