Laughing City
Bartman
Golly, Poster

Boyd or anyone else who may know...

I was just wondering about the tour finances, as in, I'm sure they paid you something, cuz that would be hugely expensive to do all that driving and food expenses and have it all come out of your own pocket. I'm not asking about a specific dollar figure, but just wanted to know if they (the recor label, tour management, everyone else) got you enough money to keep everyone going, everyday living expenses too, not just touring expenses. Like, I hope y'all get enough that it supports day-to-day living, paying the house mortgage (if you have one), the utility bills, music gear maintenance, etc. without anyone having to work a second job. (cuz wow, all that touring takes up all your time, so I don't see how you could work any place else and still have time to eat and sleep).

Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

The way it works is....
they get a tour budget approved that supports the tour. Money that is in the band's account takes care of the back side of the band. The majority of the band basically all live in this one house, and Boyd draws his salary from the band, as a paid employee. I work daily for the band, but do not draw a salary, but it all works since each band member doesn't have their own apartments, cars, insurance, etc.

I will say, that they need to get their album finished quickly, so that they can continue on financially, because the money that is keeping the boat floating now, won't last forever. People always think that bands hit a gold mine when they get signed. It's really not like that. But, we are making it for now, and hopefully, they will continue to have success, and with that, possibly financial success to keep them going.

Did that answer your question? Hope so.

kd
juan
Lost at Forum

so what you're saying is they would be making money but since boyd is a payed employee of the band then they aren't? so if the fire boyd then they'll manage just fine Laughing or maybe not.

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

I am not sure how you got that, but that is totally NOT an accurate interpretation.

These kid's know that they would not be anywhere without the backbone of their rest of their family.

Take a look around...Boyd does all the design work on everthing they do.
They could never find, (or afford), a person that does the amount of work that Boyd does alone, the hours, everything, and that doesn't include my work.

They've got a good deal by hiring Boyd.

There just are no guarantees in this business. You just have to put your best foot forward, and hope for the best.
lemonadesurprise
Sea Post King

All I have to say is...

Boyd and Kim are awesome. Cool

Okay I have something else.

Boyd's designing is so stellar. Shocked All of it is just so awesome. He designed and runs eisley.com right?

ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

well i think everyone of the eisley feet is just fabulous... so you don't have to worry about people complaining that their feets ain't good nuff.
juan
Lost at Forum

Kimbrtones wrote:
I am not sure how you got that, but that is totally NOT an accurate interpretation.

These kid's know that they would not be anywhere without the backbone of their rest of their family.

Take a look around...Boyd does all the design work on everthing they do.
They could never find, (or afford), a person that does the amount of work that Boyd does alone, the hours, everything, and that doesn't include my work.

They've got a good deal by hiring Boyd.

There just are no guarantees in this business. You just have to put your best foot forward, and hope for the best.

it wasnt meant to be taken offensively. more an ironic statement! i think the work boyd appeared to put into the tour speaks for itself. i dont think you needed to defend him, unless of course i appeared to be saying he wasnt needed, which is not what i meant.

oh and not having a dig at the dupree's at all. totally appreciate you sending me things through the post. although i'm still dissappointed that eisley have cancelled scotland, shame. its this weekend as well. still going should still be good, just not as good and the weather is forecast to be good!!

Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Juan,
Please don't take my reply as feeling like you offended. I didn't mean to sound defensive. Email is just one of those things that you cannot always judge. I was just trying to clear up any misconceptions.
No offense taken, or meant Wink

As far as the Scottland thing...man....Stacy was sooooo disappointed.
But, if things continue to go well for the band, they will be there sometime in the future.

Can you take any pictures? We'd love to see what it was like.

Thanks,
kd
gRegor
the gEek

Kimbrtones wrote:
You just have to put your best foot forward

and if you don't know which is your best foot, have your feet run a race! - Space Ghost

juan
Lost at Forum

Kimbrtones wrote:

As far as the Scottland thing...man....Stacy was sooooo disappointed.
But, if things continue to go well for the band, they will be there sometime in the future.

Can you take any pictures? We'd love to see what it was like.

Thanks,
kd

hmm well if your lucky i will take my digi cam and take some pics. no promises though cos not sure whether its too much of a risk cos i'm guarenteed to break it. well i'm glad they are dissappointed cos i am also. nevermind these things happen, i knew someone would pull out just didnt want it to be eisley.

good luck with the gig next week.

texas karate camp
Sea Post King

man i've been signing to the wrong labels or something. the only cash we ever got to stay afloat was what we earned at our jobs before the tour and album hit. dang. well it's good to know that you're taken care of.