Laughing City
Pixie
Sea Post King

In fact...NONE of the good bands play in Oklahoma. This frustrates me quite a lot. So I thought I would ask- Why doesn't Eisley play in Oklahoma? I know...terrible state to live in, I do wish I lived somewhere else, but come ON...I'm not allowed to go to any concerts out-of-state for some reason unknown to me. So, if someone can please awnser my question with a suitable awnser, i would be very happy... Crying or Very sad
Joined: 20 Jun 2005 | Posts: 27 | Location: On the cliff of reality, about to fall into the hates of imagination
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

They can't always play in every city in every state, kiddo. They try to play in cities close to where they have a lot of support. Sometimes we have to drive a ways to see them and most of us welcome the opportunity. I suggest you sieze the chance to see them in Dallas, which I think is as close as they'll get to OK. It will be worth it. I promise. Also, they're Texans. Why would a Texan want to go to Oklahoma? Don't you watch King of the Hill? Shocked

JD

Pixie
Sea Post King

jdstories wrote:
They can't always play in every city in every state, kiddo. They try to play in cities close to where they have a lot of support. Sometimes we have to drive a ways to see them and most of us welcome the opportunity. I suggest you sieze the chance to see them in Dallas, which I think is as close as they'll get to OK. It will be worth it. I promise. Also, they're Texans. Why would a Texan want to go to Oklahoma? Don't you watch King of the Hill? Shocked

JD
Okay...hehe...let me set this clear as a bell. I can't go to concerts out of state, or else by know I would have seen: The Warped tour, The Used, My Chemical Romance, Alkaline Trio, etc...because I think we get the point. Smile I don't know WHY I'm not allowed to, I am a very trustworthy girl, but for some odd reason--NO OUT OF STATE CONCERTS.

I see...Well, I guess I understand that, and I know how it has to be, but it seems a bit unfair that every concert I want to see, I can't. So, Whilst my friends in other states get to see MUCH more concerts than I, I get to stay in my room, playing my guitar and singing...as usual...WISHING I was at a concert. Yes...It's a sorry state of affairs.

And, ahaha...I don't really watch tv all that much anymore. it's a bit unamusing to me most of the time. I've seen it a few times, and I get that, but BY TECHNICALITY...I'm not an Oklahoman (and I thank whatever god is up there for that) I don't have the accent, I don't ACT like them (...er...not at all....VERYYY different.) I am in fact..a New Mexican *hides* ...don't hurt me. I grew up in NM for ten years. I moved here not too long ago. So why torture a non-oklahoman who lives in oklahoma?

..oh...and I like your avatar...I recognize THAT. Smile

Joined: 20 Jun 2005 | Posts: 27 | Location: On the cliff of reality, about to fall into the hates of imagination
ali
since 1979

When I thought you were Oklahoman, I was gonna say you should defect and go to college in Austin. But now that I know you're New Mexican, it's still kinda like defecting, isn't it? I hear your people don't like my people so much. Razz
Pixie
Sea Post King

ali wrote:
When I thought you were Oklahoman, I was gonna say you should defect and go to college in Austin. But now that I know you're New Mexican, it's still kinda like defecting, isn't it? I hear your people don't like my people so much. Razz
Er...my people? your people? Huh? What? What makes me so different from you? Crying or Very sad
ali
since 1979

Pixie wrote:
ali wrote:
Er...my people? your people? Huh? What? What makes me so different from you? Crying or Very sad

Ha, no, I was just kidding. My girlfriend and her family are from New Mexico. I heard from them that New Mexicans sometimes have a dislike of Texans, but it's more like a friendly sports rivalry than a mean-spirited family feud. My gf's grandpa gave her a good ribbing for going to the U. of Texas. (Of course, it doesn't help that he's from Colorado, and UT beats them every year.) So yeah, the whole point was, go to school in Austin, because then you won't have to go out of town (or state) to see good music. Smile

Pixie
Sea Post King

ali wrote:
Pixie wrote:
ali wrote:

Ha, no, I was just kidding. My girlfriend and her family are from New Mexico. I heard from them that New Mexicans sometimes have a dislike of Texans, but it's more like a friendly sports rivalry than a mean-spirited family feud. My gf's grandpa gave her a good ribbing for going to the U. of Texas. (Of course, it doesn't help that he's from Colorado, and UT beats them every year.) So yeah, the whole point was, go to school in Austin, because then you won't have to go out of town (or state) to see good music. Smile
Oh! I see! Hehehe...well..I never really knew that, I never payed that much attention. Er...actually...that IS a good idea...but it's a ways off for me. I'm just a youngster. *14* *sulk*
ali
since 1979

Yeah, that kinda sucks. Hey, you've always got the All-American Rejects... hmm.. and.. well, I can't think of any other bands from OK. But I bet there's a few good local bands to tide you over for a while.
Pixie
Sea Post King

ali wrote:
Yeah, that kinda sucks. Hey, you've always got the All-American Rejects... hmm.. and.. well, I can't think of any other bands from OK. But I bet there's a few good local bands to tide you over for a while.
I used to like the All-American Rejects, now I question WHY I did. Face it, there ARE no good bands that sprout out of Oklahoma. WHY?

Because, pardon me if it's a bit heavy to say this, it.sucks.big time.

gRegor
the gEek

Unfortunately the band has little to no say in where they play, at least at this stage of the game. In my experience with concert/event promotion, the business largely works based on who you know. Booking agencies have their lists of promoters that they've worked with in the past and tend not to stray from that list. It makes sense: work with those you've worked with before and know will get the job done. It sucks for those of us like, um.. me who would love to see Eisley come to Indianapolis - and I'm confident they would do well here - but I haven't worked with Little Big Man in the past and doesn't seem likely it will happen anytime soon, either.

That's one possibility.. it could also be some marketing thing where they don't think they'd get a good response in OK. This headlining tour (I'm pretty sure) is hitting all the regions that Eisley has played a couple times before, since they already have an interested audience there. They aren't likely to "try out" a new city on a headlining tour.

jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Pixie wrote:

I am in fact..a New Mexican *hides* ...don't hurt me. I grew up in NM for ten years. I moved here not too long ago. So why torture a non-oklahoman who lives in oklahoma?

I was just playing around. I'm sure you're a cool kid. Also, no biggie about being from NM. There are other boardies from NM, and I have lots of family over there. Luckily, I was born and raised in Austin so I am about the coolest person you'll ever meet (j/k). Thanks for the avy compliment. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

JD

Pixie
Sea Post King

gRegor wrote:
Unfortunately the band has little to no say in where they play, at least at this stage of the game. In my experience with concert/event promotion, the business largely works based on who you know. Booking agencies have their lists of promoters that they've worked with in the past and tend not to stray from that list. It makes sense: work with those you've worked with before and know will get the job done. It sucks for those of us like, um.. me who would love to see Eisley come to Indianapolis - and I'm confident they would do well here - but I haven't worked with Little Big Man in the past and doesn't seem likely it will happen anytime soon, either.

That's one possibility.. it could also be some marketing thing where they don't think they'd get a good response in OK. This headlining tour (I'm pretty sure) is hitting all the regions that Eisley has played a couple times before, since they already have an interested audience there. They aren't likely to "try out" a new city on a headlining tour.
That makes sense, but it is STILL very disappointing... Crying or Very sad
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

gRegor, also they aren't allowed to book cities too close together. When I was talking to Boyd at the San Antonio show he said they wouldn't let them book in San Antonio and Austin because they didn't think both shows being so close together would each draw in enough support to make it worthwhile. Know what I mean?

JD

Pixie
Sea Post King

jdstories wrote:
Pixie wrote:

I am in fact..a New Mexican *hides* ...don't hurt me. I grew up in NM for ten years. I moved here not too long ago. So why torture a non-oklahoman who lives in oklahoma?

I was just playing around. I'm sure you're a cool kid. Also, no biggie about being from NM. There are other boardies from NM, and I have lots of family over there. Luckily, I was born and raised in Austin so I am about the coolest person you'll ever meet (j/k). Thanks for the avy compliment. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

JD
Hehehe...well...thanks. There really isn't much to me, though. Music and art is what I live off of, that's really all you need to know.

Do you really? a lot of my family is in NM, too. I miss some of them, but others...I'm glad I'm away from. I was raised mostly in NM, but I'm still young, so that makes no difference. I'm an enigma, I don't act like I'm from NM, nor do I look it, nor do I act or look like I'm from OK. I'ma a thing! I don't know what I am!!! ...I'm okay now.

Mmhmm. Well, I have all my stuff from another board, I'm just too lazy to put them up.

and just in case you're interested...I drew this last night: It's called Blue... ...just random art I did last night...

ali
since 1979

Pixie wrote:
and just in case you're interested...I drew this last night: It's called Blue... ...just random art I did last night...

that's really pretty!