Laughing City
chris flynn
Sea Post King

antrider.... creating/writing/ making music is a weird thing...t.... the band had this cocoon that they had built for themselves.. in that cocoon with them were : their lives.. . their home... their mother, their father, their sisters, friends...Ipods, texas heat, ..... all that...

and it may be that they have quite a bit more ability to cope, than I would.... but it's all so strange.... bein away from home. bein away from mom.... dig that... being away from mom... this seems like a cool lady....

my opinion, for what it's worth.....let them create that environment again, after this tour, for however long it takes--- the next record... no friggin blog.......... weird how protective I feel for them.... I don't know them like many of you do.....I guess it's that Dad thing... I have 2 daughters myself..

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Well, yeah. But maybe I should do this more metaphorically:

It's like keeping a kid in the backyard or indoors after years of playing in the front yard because a couple of kids bullied them around a time or two. Instead of taking care of the bullies and keeping the world open, I see it like giving the front yard to the bullies and just going somewhere else. It's your darn front yard! Why should the negativity keep you away from it?

But anyway, she might have favored the metaphorical backyard anyway. So whatever.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I don't mind at all that she took it down, in fact, I can understand why she would. I don't think it's as big a deal as all of us are making it, though, you know? Like, if I took down my Xanga (that I hardly use), no one would care... so why should everyone care is Sherri takes hers down? She's just as normal as I am. Heck, I bet I'm waaaaaay more interesting to read about than she is, ANYWAY.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
-Samara-
Vintage Newbie

i guessing she wanted her privacy back.
i thought it was out of line to read their xangas etc anyway..
i just like their music. : ]..and their merchanise Wink

BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

hisownshot wrote:
I don't mind at all that she took it down, in fact, I can understand why she would. I don't think it's as big a deal as all of us are making it, though, you know? Like, if I took down my Xanga (that I hardly use), no one would care... so why should everyone care is Sherri takes hers down? She's just as normal as I am. Heck, I bet I'm waaaaaay more interesting to read about than she is, ANYWAY.

i agree, i stopped checking hers a while ago, and i never commented on it. it wasn't the most exciting xanga in the world, and if i wanted info on eisley, i go to boyd.
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

hisownshot wrote:

i made the thread cos it sort of bummed me out. endings always bum me out. i haven't finished a lot of great books because i can't make myself read the last page, i want the adventure to go on forever ya know?
and she deleted the whole account...there was a lot of history there...sure lots of it was privatized and gone, but there are memories locked inside the name turbosherri, memories than can only now fade...
if i were subscribed to your xanga (i think i am) and there were posts there that interested me and made little memories, and you took it away, i would be sad, and if you had a message board for your band, i'd post a thread like this one there.
its not a big deal that she deleted her account, and making a thread about it? also, not a big deal, its a stupid thread. I just wanted to say i was bummed to lose something that meant something to me, ya know?

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

BNROCKS wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

i agree, i stopped checking hers a while ago, and i never commented on it. it wasn't the most exciting xanga in the world, and if i wanted info on eisley, i go to boyd.

Well, I get mad when anyone stops using theirs. lol. I'm just weird like that. I only comment on anyone's Xanga/LJ when I have something to say. Yeah, it's a silly blog. No biggie. But I get pissed off when people treat silly blogs as heavy burdens (not that she did that), or when they stop being open because people can't shut their trap and/or have any respect. Why should the loudmouths win? I think I'm stressed out, too, so I'm probably prone to overreaction. Laughing

And yeah, a little sentimental value becuase that's the first Xanga I ever looked at.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

guys guys guys... fact of the matter is... the xanga's gone. but that's all right, 'cause mine is still in... well, semi exsistance. face it, mines way better, anyway. i have pictures, and a song playing in my background. it's practically a party in a blog. so don't worry, hoo hoo, be happy, hoo hoo.

besides, i'm like, a thousand times prettier and cooler than she is. plus, i live in new hampshire. how many nerds live in new hampshire? uh, that's right. none. but texas... Rolling Eyes

Wink

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

Well, I get mad when anyone stops using theirs. lol. I'm just weird like that. I only comment on anyone's Xanga/LJ when I have something to say. Yeah, it's a silly blog. No biggie. But I get pissed off when people treat silly blogs as heavy burdens (not that she did that), or when they stop being open because people can't shut their trap and/or have any respect. Why should the loudmouths win? I think I'm stressed out, too, so I'm probably prone to overreaction. Laughing

And yeah, a little sentimental value becuase that's the first Xanga I ever looked at.

jamie and i always agree on this stuff
don't let the annoying people win...just do what you want...but maybe it just is what she wanted...i do just plain don't feel like posting on my xanga anymore. but i wouldn't delete it, cos you never know, you might want to come back to it one day...

why yes i'm a depphead
Laughing Citizen

I haven't read through this yet, so forgive me if this was posted but..

Many people seemed to be saying very.. un-nice things in her xanga. I guess she got fed up. People are also doing it to Christie, so I won't be surprised if she deletes it as well. It saddens me, really. I loved seeing a bit into Sherri's head, and feeling ever-so-slightly a part of that wonderful world.

granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

why yes i`m a depphead wrote:

Many people seemed to be saying very.. un-nice things in her xanga. I guess she got fed up. People are also doing it to Christie, so I won't be surprised if she deletes it as well. It saddens me, really. I loved seeing a bit into Sherri's head, and feeling ever-so-slightly a part of that wonderful world.

people were saying un nice things? man i didn't even know...what's wrong with people?

loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

granpaturtle wrote:
why yes i`m a depphead wrote:

people were saying un nice things? man i didn't even know...what's wrong with people?

should i start making a list? Very Happy
no, but really... seems sometimes, the problem is, people do get a glimpse of what's in her, their, or whoevers head, then assume they know them, assume they are part of their lives, too. that can probably be weird. i really hope no one was saying unkind words towards her or anything of the sort, that would be jank (the bad kind)!
chris flynn
Sea Post King

you are all making very good points... and after all, it's just a blog... there is such a thing as too many chefs... you know, too many chefs spoil the..... you know the drill...

being in a band in the 2000's is a heck of alot different than bein in a band back in the 70s or 80s.... so much input from so many sources....so many chefs.... the internet and blogs would all be a bit much...all this, and coming off from what amounts to be a very grueling tour....... it's real hard on ya.... that amount of traveling, and playing every night... and all day ya think about ... I can't do this, I can't eat that... I have a show tonight.. I have to sing... I have to be on.,........ ahhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh... I want to be left alone for awhile. I want to plop in front of the tube and veg out for just one day...just one...... day.

The5thavocado
Vintage Newbie

If I were Sherri (or any of the other band members) I so would have closed my xanga a way long time ago and made a new one for the few private eyes only (i.e. very close friends, family, etc)...

Blogs may be stupid or whatever, but it's a vent, and outlet, personal words-And no matter how public the blog was the words were important enough to type out. That counts for something. If the blog felt like a tiny piece of "not famous freedom" to Sherri a few months ago, it definitly didn't recently that I could tell. 100 some odd comments (or more!!) a post, sometimes 10 in the first 15 minutes after she posted. What I'm trying to say is:

The blog that might have made her feel like a normal, non rock star individual, suddenly gets a surplus of surface comments saying "Hey, I saw you at so and so venue! It was awesome!! rock on!" It might start to feel less like a place for friends to comment and more like a message board. This is what Laughing City was for in the first place.

I still love Eisley a gamahucheing million time better than farting
Joined: 28 Feb 2005 | Posts: 2060 | Location: Dallas, Texas
AdrianA
Sea Post King

Crying or Very sad boo hoo...no more cute piccys...

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>