Laughing City
Seattlite
Sea Post King

Does anyone know the deal with Sherri and Chad from NFG? We saw them walking the streets of Seattle holding hands the other day. Just curious.
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

The girls really don't like their personal relationships- whatever they may be- discussed on the forum
Last edited by jamiga on Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
TheLiz
Sea Post King

It's just probably no one's business...
jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

i just read my post and noticed it was filled with spelling and other errors, so i decided to edit it.

GODBLESS

-NiQ
Last edited by jack_stripes on Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Seattlite
Sea Post King

Wow, didn't think it would be such a big deal
darknightholdtight
Lost at Forum

yeah i dont think i would like my personal life strown about a message board.

^props to Patrock^\\Myspace Patrock is the world's best big sis!
Im going to marry Hayley Williams BOO YEA!
Joined: 15 May 2005 | Posts: 1470 | Location: Mansfield,Texas
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

This thread will most likely get locked pretty soon. Here is why:
http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=14743&highlight=
Please note the fourth reply to the initial post.

JD

oc325
Sea Post King

you were seeing things, lookalikes they were
taylor
Sea Post King

yes of course personal lives are really nobody's business - HOWEVER, the thing that kind of sucks about getting farther away from being a little teeny tiny band where all the fans are your personal friends - and growing closer to that awful thing called celebrity, is that people will talk about your personal lives. period. ESPECIALLY when you start associating with other "celebrities". So while, its a great sentiment to say "hey whoa slow down, NOBODY'S BUSINESS!!!!" I would be interested to see how long that could realistically last. I mean what happens when Entertainment weekly does a little write-up? Isn't that eventually what the band wants, in a sense? To reach the status where enough people know who you are, that a percentage of them will wonder about your personal life?

Just saying - there's always going to be a trade off, and you shouldn't jump on people who ask, because it's going to become more and more common for people to talk about stuff like this. Really, what's the difference from threads talking about the clothes they wear, or the way they do their hair? what does that have to do with the music?
kinz
Sea Post King

taylor wrote:
yes of course personal lives are really nobody's business - HOWEVER, the thing that kind of sucks about getting farther away from being a little teeny tiny band where all the fans are your personal friends - and growing closer to that awful thing called celebrity, is that people will talk about your personal lives. period. ESPECIALLY when you start associating with other "celebrities". So while, its a great sentiment to say "hey whoa slow down, NOBODY'S BUSINESS!!!!" I would be interested to see how long that could realistically last. I mean what happens when Entertainment weekly does a little write-up? Isn't that eventually what the band wants, in a sense? To reach the status where enough people know who you are, that a percentage of them will wonder about your personal life?

Just saying - there's always going to be a trade off, and you shouldn't jump on people who ask, because it's going to become more and more common for people to talk about stuff like this. Really, what's the difference from threads talking about the clothes they wear, or the way they do their hair? what does that have to do with the music?

yknwo while i do agree with you
it is nonethelessterrible to not be able to do what couples do without having to worry about somebody with a camera attacking you
people in relationships are already having their own concerns,least you need is not to publicise your relationship,its something precious and sacred and nobody wants people talking about your relationships with people

chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

Seattlite wrote:
Wow, didn't think it would be such a big deal

don't worry it's not

The reason the thread isn't locked is because you asked a perfectly innocent question and i (and i'm sure the others) are relying on fellow boardies to politely point out that we try to avoid extra-personal stuff like relationships on the board. the moderators don't step in much unless thing get out of hand and become mean or malicious and this thread hasn't.

brian_nguyen
Sea Post King

Yep... Another reason why this forum is currently great. Forum members, not moderators, keep it in line, politely.
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 472 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
jaytee
Sea Post King

Honestly - I dont think holding hands means anything really. Its probably just speculation. I know that I hold hands with girls (and even sometimes in a joking way with guys.) but that doesn't mean I'm dating them. It means we're good friends.

So I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

Its Sherri's life.

Golly, Poster

im actually dating chad at the moment.
guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

jaytee wrote:
Honestly - I dont think holding hands means anything really. Its probably just speculation. I know that I hold hands with girls (and even sometimes in a joking way with guys.) but that doesn't mean I'm dating them. It means we're good friends.

So I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

Its Sherri's life.

Yeah, it's funny walking around holding hands with your friends at times. And then you find a field and then you frolic while holding hands. Haha.

goto page
 | next >>