Laughing City
CHRIS~!
Golly, Poster

("boyd" approved that is...you guys might not want to engage; btw,Chris has posted some interesting topics that seem to draw attention. 1 cheer for Chris, who I should apologize to invading his post and taking over. I flaunt my powers and randomly choose subjects to feed my endoplasmic energy field)

"Eisley's song is getting overplayed on the radio. I heard it three times today."

I haven't listened to FM radio in a while, but I never knew "Telescope Eyes" was in heavy rotation. That's amazing! I hope their popularity grows and grows.

Jeff
Sea Post King

That's good. But heavy rotation has its downside. The song can get oversaturated which can be a very bad thing, but Dallas radio is notorious for oversaturating artists so its probably no big deal.

Heavy rotation on local radio is one more step up the ladder for Eisley.

markymark106
Golly, Poster

That makes me happy actually.
juan
Lost at Forum

question: dont want to make a new thread:

is the laughing city ep being released in the uk? if so will it just be the same as the one i already have? and if it is or not when is it being released? if no-one knows well, ok. thanks anyway.

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
boyd
Eisleyoid

It's really out of our hands, but I think Nettwerk/WB is working on this...the goal was to try to have it released before V-Fest, but it looks like it might be a few days after. That being the case, guess we'll be looking at trying to bring a few CD's with us. And merch is an issue also... the taxes are so steep, it's prohibitive to even bring any. So, we're working on all this stuff daily. Don't worry....somehow, we'll have to have at least one T-shirt design even if we have to print in the UK. Or, we can get the band to draw with a sharpie on your stomach or back. jk.

I'm tired. goodnight.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
markymark106
Golly, Poster

Gawttaaa luvv dem sharpies man. iza tell you whawt boyy.
Missnotsolucky
Sea Post King

i've never heard eisley on the radio around here.... maybe i should start requesting it more often...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
boyd
Eisleyoid

Missnotsolucky.... ct ? for real? No wonder. eisley be native homies. Many of us are from the marketplace that eisley is being broadcast from....namely the great country of Texas. So, a rock station in Dallas called, 102.1- The Edge is apparently playing Telescope Eyes, although none of us would not really know....we aren't from the market that is broadcasting Eisley and have never actually heard them on the radio.

Contrasting - We're from the market that has grown up in...like we've been here almost 13 years...but they don't really claimed eisley. We're from Tyler, TX - just 2 hours East of Dallas; Tyler is more into things like "Rose Queen parades" and high society functions, and typical, special interest stories. I think that trend is changing; lately there have been prime-time-local news and have graced the print waves as well...stories and interviews on the band.

But radio is a weird animal - It can bite you...it can own you... and after it owns you...it can spit you out, selling you out for the next hot money maker. Of course, the industry drives that. It's nice for selling records... but my question has always been, who are these radio people? Do they hear Creed, Linkin Park, Michelle Branch, P-diddy, 3 Doors Down, etc played 5280 times, then decide to go by the cd because they like the one song radio is wearing out? And then they toss it into the closet with 276 other top 40 bands; Are they real music lovers? - or is radio just a pacifier because they're ADD and are bored at drive time. I remember this type of person from the 70's. Go dig up their Led Zeppelin's 4th vinyl and you'll find that the grooves on Stairway to Heaven are frosted. (but no other songs) That's tragic.

Disclaimer - The Edge is different. They love eisley's music and are loyal patrons... they want the band to succeed. Josh could single handedly launch a radio career for a band by his grass roots endosement. Not that this would ever happen...but I just don't want eisley to get into the radio hits trap... The industry seems to hate sophmore projects. Powerful in shaping culture, radio often floods the airwaves with a song from a first record, then shelves subsequent work - creating a void that lets people know a certain band is passe'...extinct... gone from the airwaves - thus un-cool. Again...radio fans could be predisposed to being fickle. Music lovers are kindred spirits. We don't usually find out about bands from the radio. And when our favorite bands no longer appear on the radio, we don't care. RadioHead is bigger than radio. In my opinion, so are all my favorite bands.

I really want to talk about this stuff and hear your opinions. I don't really know anything, so I just throw down my thoughts so others can challenge them. Can we talk about your experiences with you favorite bands and how you think radio affected their career? Who are radio people, patrons, dj's,? What about payola? Who is listening and what are their reactions to hearing Eisley on the radio? Do you think Eisley should write radio songs? Where does Eisley fit in? And I have more questions....so many more. This is a timely topic. Of course, this band, above all, is just going to be who they are... that will be proven over time; but, we're here in LA. Tomorrow, Eisley begins recording their next record. It would just be cool to know what your thoughts are. This topic could overlap into discussions about producers and 3 minute songs and multi-platinum platitudes....and even upcoming tours... but first, your thoughts on "radio". Boyd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Tex
Sea Post King

I don't even like the radio that much, and therefore don't listen to it. However, a friend of mine first heard, and loved, Eisley because their song was played on the radio. Apparently this was a while ago...I'm not sure what station, maybe the Edge. So, I suppose the radio can really help expose Eisley's music to many people, who will hopefully appreciate it.

I'm rambling. Sorry. Embarassed

letdowntourist
Lost at Forum

i just checked the edge website (my brother is listening to it and i wanted to find out what song they were playing) and it shows eisley in heavy rotation, the 10th most played song, right at about 5 times a day. kahrazy.
to what i did and said

piccysssssss
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Wow....I wish I could hear my kid's song on the radio Crying or Very sad
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

i only listen to NPR... or cd's that way i can hear Eisley anytime i want (which is currently what i want to hear...) but it is cool... im not saying otherwise.

really though, id rather hear them live. i like live music.
[[GiRTH]]Groelwyn
Sea Post King

how do you spell that guy's name... Garrison Keeler?

I really like tho... how on the radio... they'll say.. Creed's new song: XXXXXXX.... and play it... but it's really just track #8 from the same CD that contained song #3 that was their new song a year ago...

ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

i do think it would be cool to hear Eisley on the radio... unfortunately that would mean id actually have to listen to the radio for awhile until they played it. and im pretty sure they aren't playing it round these parts. we have lots of country and rap stations the only rock stations we have play AC/DC and Metallica all the time...
Iron Jack Flint
Sea Post King

I never ever ever ever ever ever listen to the radio. The antenna on my car broke off like 6 months ago, and I have to say I haven't really missed it. Especially here in Tyler. We don't even have any mediocre radio stations, much less good ones (IMHO). Like Boyd said, some bands are bigger and better than the radio. (yay radiohead). But if I just happened to hear Eisley on the radio I'd still do a little dance.

EISLEY Cool