Laughing City
MainChara
Sea Post King

Wow this is amazing, Yeah It's been like a year since i last posted. I didn't leave though, just read Sherri's journal and saw that she gave props to the cardigan's 2004 cd long gone before daylight. If this has already been stated that sherri likes the cardigans I'm sorry, but this was pretty big news for me, i made my day. lol
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

The band has great musical taste. I need to catch up on the Cardigans, actually. So many bands ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chubbygumby

TheAntrider wrote:
The band has great musical taste. I need to catch up on the Cardigans, actually. So many bands ...

I agree... there are too many bands! Arrrrgada-oooo

Anyway, I like The Cardigans' "First Band On the Moon". I didn't really like "Gran Turismo" though and I haven't heard their "Long Gone Before Daylight". And "Super Extra Gravity" isn't that bad. Yay for Sherri liking The Cardigans!
 |  | 
guitargalash
Golly, Poster

There latest CD Superextra gravity is very good too. I just got it in the mail and I love it. I saw them back in 04 when they came to minneapolis to tour long gone before daylight. oh I have loved the cardigans for so long. Sweet!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vmiprestrain
Sea Post King

i love me some cardigans. they are one of the few bands who make albums that are almost completely different from each other, yet are distinctly them. You're the Storm is the greatest song ever written as well (the video is amazing too). Now they need to come back to the USA and with a good tour this time, please.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 434 | Location: Bridgewater, VA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RunRabbitRun
Sea Post King

Cardies are teh awesome...too bad everyone always pegs them with Lovefool
Joined: 05 Oct 2005 | Posts: 60 | Location: Phx,AZ/C-ville,VA
gerry
Sea Post King

I do like the Cardigans, but I do find that for me 'Long gone before daylight' is way better than any of the ones that preceeded it, I dont have SEG yet so cant comment, I just feel that if you are going to get 1 Cardigans album, make it 'long gone before daylight'.
Saiyit
Sea Post King

MainChara wrote:
If this has already been stated that sherri likes the cardigans I'm sorry, but this was pretty big news for me, i made my day. lol

lol me too! The Cardigans are one of my all time favourite bands. Sherri's got great taste

gerry wrote:
I just feel that if you are going to get 1 Cardigans album, make it 'long gone before daylight'.

i totally agree. it's my favourite album ever. everyone i let listen to it also fall in love and become Cardigans fans. Smile
Joined: 10 Feb 2007 | Posts: 76 | Location: Ontario, Canada
dannychair
Golly, Poster

I absolutely LOVE Gran Turismo, it's my favorite album of theirs. Most people think it's "too dark" compared to their other stuff but that's why I love it.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

dannychair wrote:
I absolutely LOVE Gran Turismo, it's my favorite album of theirs. Most people think it's "too dark" compared to their other stuff but that's why I love it.

It's great. A little darkness is just fine, if you ask me. I need to get more stuff of theirs, still. Though I at least have a couple of albums.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

Long Gone Before Daylight is probably pretty much the best.

F on Gran Turismo, it's ok for that one song, but the rest of it's : P

No offense Cards.

<3

Russell
Golly, Poster

Long Gone Before Daylight is their best album by far. For me it's one of those albums that will stay with me forever. Their latest, Super Extra Gravity is boring barring the single. The album Life was good. A Camp was a good solo effort too.
amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

dear, i fear we're facing a problem...

i know it's cliche, but i like that song so much.

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
Kit
Sea Post King

The Cardigans are a very underappreciated band in the states, and they certainly helped pave the way for Eisley. I still think First Band on the Moon is their finest, even though the band kind of distanced themselves from the 60s twee-pop vibe of that album for a while. But lately they have been returning to that album in a live setting, apparently.